SOTD : Saturday 28st August to Friday 03th September 2021

241132501_802069577132564_3231219882490151973_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: TDS Rose Notes
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)

The TDS remains one of - if not my number one - favourite soaps. I can't think of another in my collection that gives the level of of post-shave feel, negating the need for any sort of post shave balm.

I am really good thanks mate , was worried you had grown a beard ! :)
Hahaha funny you should say that as I actually have..a very short one though it’s coming off today but doing a daily beard line up has certainly advanced my straight skills further, learning how to shape up with the heal without cutting your nose off with the toe is a lesson in itself lol

What a lovely shave!
Shaving less frequently now so started with about 10 days growth this morning but no rush today so started with hot bath and planned my shave. Thought I’d do a 2 razor shave. Started with Signature soaps Hibernia, lots of lovely citrussy soap creating a lovely thick lather. Feather shavette with a pro-guard. Not used it for a while so went very slowly and found myself focusing on keeping the blade really flat to my face, this worked really nicely and I didn’t worry about the edges just slowly took off most of the growth but actually not a bad result with just a few scruffy bits left.
Another rich lather and the second pass was then just tidying up with the Timeless 68 scalloped leaving me with really nice finish and no nicks or weepers.
Another soaping to finish then used Witch hazel splash to speedy’s recipe and my skin feels great, will use some of Brian’s after shave splash when I’ve dried off
Have a great day

Attachments

• 571B5693-3814-43F8-9410-E68F6CC28FE5.jpeg
    571B5693-3814-43F8-9410-E68F6CC28FE5.jpeg
    259.6 KB · Views: 8
What a lovely shave!
Shaving less frequently now so started with about 10 days growth this morning but no rush today so started with hot bath and planned my shave. Thought I’d do a 2 razor shave. Started with Signature soaps Hibernia, lots of lovely citrussy soap creating a lovely thick lather. Feather shavette with a pro-guard. Not used it for a while so went very slowly and found myself focusing on keeping the blade really flat to my face, this worked really nicely and I didn’t worry about the edges just slowly took off most of the growth but actually not a bad result with just a few scruffy bits left.
Another rich lather and the second pass was then just tidying up with the Timeless 68 scalloped leaving me with really nice finish and no nicks or weepers.
Another soaping to finish then used Witch hazel splash to speedy’s recipe and my skin feels great, will use some of Brian’s after shave splash when I’ve dried off
Have a great day
Thanks, as always. Regards Brian

Thanks Marc I’m good hope all is well with you too mate..how are you getting on with the Koraat ? I have a soft spot for that razor and always enjoy seeing it in your SoTd’s
Aye grand cheers man, been off the straights for the past couple of weeks but I'll be getting back to them soon. The koraat is grand, and still tempts me to put an order on every time I use it!

01/09/21
SEptember
Pre - Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise
Soap - Signature Soap Vectis
Razor - Blackland Vector
Blade - Feather PB (1)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - BartsBalm Tester F
A/S - JPG Le' Male'

Wk35 (6).JPG
A wonderful start to SEptember.
I will mainly be using @BrianH wonderful Signature soaps to help things along, dotted with some other special soap here and there.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
Wednesday 1st SEptember
Yaqi Moka Express - De Vergulde Hand - Ever Ready 1912 - Gem Stainless Coated #9 - Blue Stratos A/S- Aloe Vera Gel
ZtmXpox.jpg

Forgotten how much I enjoy this soap. Today was no exception as the after effect was splendid.
Be well and be safe.

Williams Wednesday - 1st September

The Grosvenor 404mixed
Williams Mug soap
ATT SE1
Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 8 )
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

Very hard to believe that this blade is on its 8th outing, as The Razor/ Blade combo is not only forgiving but there is no drag - and the finish is Top Notch. Just have to try it again tomorrow.

A49339A5-A7B0-46B9-AFA7-FFB0D73EFDF1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom