SOTD: Saturday 28 October - Friday 3 November 2023.

Thur 2nd November
Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Alpha Classic G4 28mm
Officina Artigiana soap
Occams Enoch
Schick Proline ( 1 )
Officina Artigiana A/S.
Not used the Enoch for a while, so was unsure of blade age therefore went through the faff of loading a new one. Even managed to get on the shallow lugs backwards, but got there in the end.
The first two strokes showed the combo was ready to go. Having used “The Aleppo” as a regular face wash my dry skin had improved so with a nice lather the Shave went very well. In fact probably my best Shave with any Razor for a long time, and my skin felt so good that I used an A/S which I had not used since Mid- Sept.Good news for me, no reddening of skin even a few hours after The Shave.

A Shame Classic Shaving had such poor quality control over their range of Razors, and sold defective ones.If they had sorted out the manufacturing of them, Razors like the Enoch would have been top tier.

252D3AB4-605B-4C1D-ABAE-BA443823F13F.jpeg

Thursday 2nd November

ADCreHe7NBOOthF2McUNd86yUM3y9sswAQd0NeZifOlR5XGVePZrJCerxneAn4utrZ5PHcBN_fLxbfFQM9BB3x3J-0U55GsK8yLdoW9fGqgaZmN_X8NZ-2j2mKzQtv7assq08pQYSzlWgDeRlJiGpnCr5n903g=w800

Gillette Original Shaving Cream & Razorock Bruce Synthetic 24mm
Gillette G2 Plus & Schick Super II Plus Cartridge (4)
Pashana Original Aftershave

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Reggie's Razor - Titan
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4)
Brush: Muhle - Hexagon (Forest Green) -Synthetic
S Cream: ES – Fragrance Free

Last shave with the Titan before shipping to the next participant. A razor that no doubt for many will be the answer to all they've been searching for, finding the light at the end of the tunnel.
It won't be for everyone due to its assertivness, light weight and cost. But if these are atributes you're looking for and budget is not an issue the Titan won't dissapoint.

My Muhle R89 is feeling neglected and it looks forward to resume its service.

Thank you @Reggie’s Razors for your generosity to offer this razor and @Boycie83 for orchestrating the passaroumd so efficiently.

Titan 7.jpg

And a wild and windy welcome to you well shaven brethren of the good book of shaving. And I bid you a good evening with my shave themed, 'The gospel according to Satan 3ONE6'

20231102_204114.jpg

John the razor - EJ 3ONE6
Luke the blade - Feather
Mathew the brush - Highlander LFC
Brian the soap - Signature Soaps Londinium (The gospel according to Brian)

Mark the moisturiser - Collegen

Thou shalt shave everyday
Thou shalt not grow a beard
Thou shalt take thy shaving seriously
Remember the evening and keep the bathroom clear
Honour thy lather and thy buffer
Thou wife shall have a Brazil
Thou shalt not commit to facial hair
Thou shalt not steal (electric razors)

'Why have you got a beard then?'

A new toy. I have kind of hummed, ahhed and made other non talking noises over the 3ONE6 for quite some time and then, bang, one appears on the BST. And in a nice imitation ivory finish. Let's be honest though if this was real ivory I wouldn't be here scribbling this drivel. I'd be sharing a cell somewhere with Alison the hardest known man in the East end, and the West end, and the North and south while at it.

Took me ages to work out why the 3ONE6 and then a Eureka moment said, 'why of course, it's that marine grade stainless thing'. I'm sure you know my feelings towards things claiming to be marine standard. After all I have to sail on ships made from marine grade steel and they're all shite. And rusty. And ugly. Just not as ugly as the guy who has to sail them.

Anyway anyway anyway let me not digress much further. The 3ONE6. It may not be shiny (all stainless objects of desire should be shiny) but it all fits together in a nice fitting together kind of way. As tempted as I was to try a heavier handle, stick with what it came with. It looks sweet. Someone somewhere mentioned use a Feather, and so I did.

Team lather provided by the ever faithful Londinium and the Highlander LFC brush. May I just take a bit of time out to say, @LeeMaz Please make note this is the original red and white football brush and the correct team logo lives on the base. Yours is but a second rate fake for a second rate team.

Face lathered, hit skin. My oh my, this is one smooth operator (no no not you Sade) and it skims beautifully over the skin. An absolute breeze to use and no faffing around to find the best angle as it doesn't seem too fussy here. I'm not really a fussy faffy kind of person. Mrs Satanfriendly says I am a Fanny though, but I don't know what one of them is. I thought she meant funny, but then I remembered she is a Scouser not a Cockney.

Three passes later and a non exciting, non edge of the seat shave with tremendous results, incredibly delivered. Happy bunnyism.

Time for bed then and time to put on my PJ'S because it is so damn cold. Ah, now I know what a Fanny is.

Seems the best way to finish my shave is with some Japanese girlies. And why not May as well make it some more from Band Maid. Enjoy (or don't)

IMG_20231103_022106.jpg

You know when you go to Connaught and you want to avoid p&p, you look for things to buy. Well, I saw Mitchell's Wool Fat hand soap and bath soap, and I bought them. I could be wrong, but I think it's the same as the shaving soap but in a bar shape. So I rubbed it over my wet face pretending it was an Arko stick. Lathered it with my beloved Simfix brush, seemed good enough lather to me.
Shaved with my favourite razor, the £6 Wonder, and a Treet Platinum (12). Finished with a cold splash, then Nivea balm.
The result was an enjoyable shave, but I'm going to retire the blade. I think 13 is enough for it.

Fri 3
Cream & Aftershave Palmolive Regular & Clubman Gents Gin
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake
Razor John-Bert Cutlery Co Rattler
This has gotta be the top shave cream in my den. Superior rich, creamy, and slick lather whip-up by the excellent brush. Together with the splash, there is a wonderful smell all around!
Flawless shave with this excellent razor...enjoyed the smooth and comfortable passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20231103_123529.jpg

And a wild and windy welcome to you well shaven brethren of the good book of shaving. And I bid you a good evening with my shave themed, 'The gospel according to Satan 3ONE6'

John the razor - EJ 3ONE6
Luke the blade - Feather
Mathew the brush - Highlander LFC
Brian the soap - Signature Soaps Londinium (The gospel according to Brian)

Mark the moisturiser - Collegen

Thou shalt shave everyday
Thou shalt not grow a beard
Thou shalt take thy shaving seriously
Remember the evening and keep the bathroom clear
Honour thy lather and thy buffer
Thou wife shall have a Brazil
Thou shalt not commit to facial hair
Thou shalt not steal (electric razors)

'Why have you got a beard then?'

A new toy. I have kind of hummed, ahhed and made other non talking noises over the 3ONE6 for quite some time and then, bang, one appears on the BST. And in a nice imitation ivory finish. Let's be honest though if this was real ivory I wouldn't be here scribbling this drivel. I'd be sharing a cell somewhere with Alison the hardest known man in the East end, and the West end, and the North and south while at it.

Took me ages to work out why the 3ONE6 and then a Eureka moment said, 'why of course, it's that marine grade stainless thing'. I'm sure you know my feelings towards things claiming to be marine standard. After all I have to sail on ships made from marine grade steel and they're all shite. And rusty. And ugly. Just not as ugly as the guy who has to sail them.

Anyway anyway anyway let me not digress much further. The 3ONE6. It may not be shiny (all stainless objects of desire should be shiny) but it all fits together in a nice fitting together kind of way. As tempted as I was to try a heavier handle, stick with what it came with. It looks sweet. Someone somewhere mentioned use a Feather, and so I did.

Team lather provided by the ever faithful Londinium and the Highlander LFC brush. May I just take a bit of time out to say, @LeeMaz Please make note this is the original red and white football brush and the correct team logo lives on the base. Yours is but a second rate fake for a second rate team.

Face lathered, hit skin. My oh my, this is one smooth operator (no no not you Sade) and it skims beautifully over the skin. An absolute breeze to use and no faffing around to find the best angle as it doesn't seem too fussy here. I'm not really a fussy faffy kind of person. Mrs Satanfriendly says I am a Fanny though, but I don't know what one of them is. I thought she meant funny, but then I remembered she is a Scouser not a Cockney.

Three passes later and a non exciting, non edge of the seat shave with tremendous results, incredibly delivered. Happy bunnyism.

Time for bed then and time to put on my PJ'S because it is so damn cold. Ah, now I know what a Fanny is.

Seems the best way to finish my shave is with some Japanese girlies. And why not May as well make it some more from Band Maid. Enjoy (or don't)

Your Red brush may have come first but the mighty Forest came a good 27 years before your little team! In fact didn’t your team originally wear a dreaded ‘blue when formed? Second rate indeed!
Mocking Team Usa GIF by World Rugby

3/11/23
Pre - Shower
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin 26mm Silvertip
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Sandalwood
Razor - ATT Windsor CR
Blade - Unknown Extra Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Dior Sauvage
Wk 44 (7).jpg
An early start today on Mrs TC's Birthday.
A very nice & easy 2 pass shave.
Enjoy your day all.

3 November

Wickham 1912 Apricus
Simpson Trafalgar T3
Blackland Blackbird
Kai Stainless
Speick Men Balsam Sensitiv

4C73C60E-5FD5-4EFA-8172-409529119CC7.jpeg
Today I felt that the Ikon Deluxe had not brought out the best in the Kai blade and so I swapped it into the Blackland Blackbird. Oh yes, that was a close shave and a wonderful lather too.

SOTD: 03/11/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 3rd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Martin De Candre Original Puck
Aftershave: Tabac Original Craftsman Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a fine day!

Back