SOTD: Saturday 28 October - Friday 3 November 2023.

View attachment 113022

You know when you go to Connaught and you want to avoid p&p, you look for things to buy. Well, I saw Mitchell's Wool Fat hand soap and bath soap, and I bought them. I could be wrong, but I think it's the same as the shaving soap but in a bar shape. So I rubbed it over my wet face pretending it was an Arko stick. Lathered it with my beloved Simfix brush, seemed good enough lather to me.
Shaved with my favourite razor, the £6 Wonder, and a Treet Platinum (12). Finished with a cold splash, then Nivea balm.
The result was an enjoyable shave, but I'm going to retire the blade. I think 13 is enough for it.
Actually I wondered the exact same thing and will use my bar on the next shave. @pjgh would be the person that would definitely know for sure, ingredients are his thing and he is the resident expert in MWF.

Razorock Hawk v3A
Kai Captain (1st shave)
Stirling bergamot lavender
Muhle travel brush
Aqua di Gio

I have been trying different blades lately. Schick proline, not my favourite, I think after 3 shaves sharpness was not ok anymore.
Then I moved to the last one I acquired, Kai Kaptain.
Wow, that was a blood bath, never seen so much of it lately... I don't know what went wrong.
After 2 passes I had to stop. Will see with the next shave if the combination is too aggressive for me to manage.

IMG_3434.jpeg

SOTD: 01/11/2023

Razor: Shield AC1
Blade: Feather Super Pro, 4th use
Brush: Yaqi Napoli
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: HC&C Unscented Puck
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Scent Oil: HC&C Dark Moon
Fragrance: Tom Ford Black Orchid Eau de Toilette

Last shave from Dubai.

IMG_3669.jpeg

SOTD: 02/11/2023

Razor: Yaqi Romulus
Blade: Feather Pro, 7th use
Brush: Highlander Olive Wood Boti New Tuxedo
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C Unscented Hard Puck Puck
Aftershave: HC&C Ladies Man Aftershave
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Scent Oil: HC&C Ladies Man

First shave of my return home and I had a lot of new toys to play with! The brush from @gile is a New Boti Tuxedo fan knot and though a little apprehensive as I’m not normally a fan fan, it’s gone way up there to challenge the G5C bulb for me! It faces lathers brilliantly and it is obviously top knotch. The handle is so light it’s a delight in the hand! A proud addition to the collection! The HC&C Ladies Man as it says on their sight shares elements of RL blue but has its own twist. The splash is immense, medium strength but long lasting, I can’t wait to try the rest!

It is that time of the week where my SOTD will only begin with one thing, 'And as my final entry for this past week of SOTD's I am happy to give you the shave themed, '3ONE6 2''

'No Rey. I said 3ONE6, not 6ONE9'

20231103_184018.jpg

3162 - 3ONE6
3163 - Feather
3164 - PAA Pelegrino
3165 - Proraso
619 - L'Occitane Cade balm

'Oops sorry, I did say 619'

'Did you just say, I do? Because I didn't'

A second outing for the 3ONE6 just to make sure I wasn't just being nice. Not as though being nice even comes in to my world. I only do stealing a few souls and adject misery. It is only a job though.

No, in fact I wasn't kidding myself, it is a genuine treat to use. It just epitomises ease in such a way that shaves are over and done with before I've even finished. Certainly a quick act. Like razor, like owner. Also noticeable is that it seems very non-clogging. But not non-clogging as in avoiding a certain type of wooden Dutch footwear, but that shit which collects while shaving. But I would also avoid wooden shoes anyway.

So once again a wonderful shave with terrific end results and a great end to this past week and a nice way to start the new one.

Had my cyst removal from my eye today so a bit more care than usual while shifting facial Dutch shoes. Happy to say all went well and happy to have two eyes again.

Have a smashing weekend you beautiful people and yes, I do love you all.

And to show my love I end the week with those Puffyshoes much to your pleasure and enthusiasm for LoFi Japanese duets.....

None at all

IMG_3674.jpeg
SOTD: 03/11/2023

Razor: Above The Tie SE1
Blade: Proshave S, 4th use
Brush: Highlander Forest G2 APshave Co G5C
Aftershave: HC&C Italian Plum Aftershave
Scent Oil: HC&C Italian Plum

My first shave with the new Highlander Forest and the APShave Co G5C knot. Not only does it look stunning it performs amazingly as well. Another superb brush from @gile! Complete class unlike that other red team @Satanfriendly follows! The HC&C Italian plum is another lovely sweet scent that last well so that’s another winner for me!

Last edited:
View attachment 141699
SOTD: 03/11/2023

Razor: Above The Tie SE1
Blade: Proshave S, 4th use
Brush: Highlander Forest G2 APshave Co G5C
Aftershave: HC&C Italian Plum Aftershave

My first shave with the new Highlander Forest and the APShave Co G5C knot. Not only does it look stunning it performs amazingly as well. Another superb brush from @gile! Complete class unlike that other red team @Satanfriendly follows! The HC&C Italian plum is another lovely sweet scent that last well so that’s another winner for me!

SOTD Friday 3rd October 2023
E7189C7A-318A-41B7-AC40-57E1E5747C00.jpeg

Prep - Imperial Leather face wash

Bowl - glass
Cream - Dirty Shaving Cream by Lush (sample)
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia synthetic
Razor - Merkur 34C
Blade - Derby Extra (2)
Post - face wash with lather remains, cold rinse, alum, Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea Sensitive ASB, Hidden Code Sports EDT

Refreshment - Diet Coke maybe

Bit of a disappointment this, not sure if I like the odd smell of this shaving cream, and couldn’t get it to lather much (since read that it does not contain soap and does not lather, it should just be used like a gel) who knew! It was a bugger to clean the brush after too, now I know why!
End result was an ok if odd shave, many passes as had to keep reapplying non-lather but no irritation (other than f**king fireworks outside!)

94555220-C9D4-42D5-9218-961D6EF9F924.jpeg
Where is Woofles - she is in a remote boarding kennels for the Guy Fawkes madness weekend. Get her back Monday, hopefully after all the local arseholes have stopped letting off bloody fireworks! It’s not cheap but better than the distress she (and I) would have to suffer!
Detest and despise so called bonfire night (or rather week)!
Grruump!!!

Back
Top Bottom