SOTD : Saturday 27th October - Friday 2nd November 2018.

SOTD 20181102.

9bPqSWR.jpg

M Keramiek / APShaveCo SilkSmoke.
Bon Berger "Romarin Menthe" shaving soap.
Timeless Ti 0 . 68 OC / Stork Ti "Taipan" handle.
Personna Lab Blue (6).
Rebul "Ice" EdC.

2 November

Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu
Omega 11137 boar
MÜHLE Rocca R96
Personna med prep
Clinique post-shave soother

5F747FFE-6947-444E-9DC9-8EE97E1977F0.jpeg
Two days of growth to remove today. The MÜHLE Rocca was well up to the task...smooth after the first pass, the second was almost unnecessary. The lather from the Pannacrema and the Omega brush was fabulous, however, and this made a second pass a pleasure. I love the aroma of the Blu.

Friday 2nd November
S1zxE4b.jpg

Yaqi Sagrada Familia - OSP Fougere - Schick G1 - NOS Schick Platinum Plus #1 - Alum - Irisch Moos A/S - Dove Instant Hydration Cream

Luckily the cased G1 that was gifted from Mike B aka @mpf9ret came with its own injector magazine, so after I bought some Proline B blades from Japan I transferred some blades to the magazine.
Wanting to try other blades, I bought a bargain magazine of 1970s NOS Schick Plus Platinums.
They are sharp and gave me a close result with the G1.
They are definitely not as smooth as the Prolines.

Pre: Warm water splash
Brush: Maseto 24mm ST
Soap: MWF
Razor: Muhle R41 (2013)
Blade: Astra SP

IMG_20181102_151103.jpg
Now that OCtober is over, I felt it was safe to use the R41.
Okay, it's Zamak, overpriced and claims to be something it isn't, but it gives very good shaves and so, all is forgiven.
The Fat, it's underpriced, weakly scented and a few LOUDLY say it lathers poorly,
I can live with the weak scent, my pocket enjoys the price and my skin loves the lather.
Happy Shaving one and all.

I had a little change today, I had my Ming Shi futur clone ready to go, loaded with a Gillette Silver Blue, set to 3, and my excellent friend @Satanfriendly generously gifted me, amongst various stuff, including something a bit special, a Traditional Shaving Company ivory best badger brush. I've been waiting to try a badger brush for a while now so was keen to give it a go.

Not wanting to change too much, I stuck with my usual prep and OSP Fougere cream, face lathered. The badger brush foamed me up nicely, but a very different feel to my MÜHLE synthetic.

Sooo....

Bloody hell this razor head is big. I mean huge. Compared to my Merkur it was like trying to manoeuvre a bus vs a BMW. at one point I was absolutely confused about how I was actually going to be able to shave under my nose, but I managed it somehow.

I feel it's somewhat unbalanced too, quite top heavy. I would prefer the weight in the handle but maybe it's something I'll get used to.

But, I ended up with a really close shave, so it obviously works.

I'm not sure if I had it set too aggressive, or if my face doesn't like the badger brush but I had a bit of a rash after the shave. Nothing cold water and balm couldn't cope with, but I might dial it down a little for my next shave, so if I get a reaction again it might mean my face doesn't like badger.

Anyway, another step down the road for me.

Friday 2nd November 2018
SOTD.jpg

Pre shave: Warm shower and Nivea face wash + Noxzema shave cream
Razor: iKon X3
Blade: NOS Gillette Stainless - Czech Republic (#13)
Soap: Wickham Russian Leather
Brush: Rooney Best
Bowl: Korium
Post shave: Alum block, cold water splash and Humphreys Cucumber witch hazel
AS: Lab series balm

I have struggled with the iKon X3 in past to get a close and comfortable shave, well today I almost made it. Don't know what I did differently but it was a nice close shave, it felt very smooth but by the last pass I did feel some irritation, but that soon faded post shave. The Rooney best shed at least 3 hairs today, I do hope that this is not going to turn out to be one of the shedding ones.

Back
Top Bottom