SOTD Saturday 27 March to Friday 2nd April

Thursday 1st April
Ever Ready 1924 Patent Anniversary
Zenith 506 - Haslinger Honig - Ever Ready 1924 - GEM Stainless Coated #4 - Williams Aqua Velva A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
orWUrdE.jpg

This travel set was the 1st 1924 I acquired back in 2015; after being sent down the SE rabbit hole (ewe you know who you are). The short handle doesn't really bother me plus the audio feedback is second to none.
Do all the 1924’s have that handle as opposed to the chain mail one?
Cheers
Phil

Thur 1st April

The Grosvenor - 404 mixed
Lea Classic soap
TNNSER 3D
Gem S/S ( 1 )
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

I have to include the TNNSER with the Vintage/ SE rotation as it is now the only modern Gem powered Razor that I have. I find it hard to convey just how effective this 3D Razor is, a very pleasant Shave with a great finish.

6D52BEE7-25F8-4770-B9E3-6A05B87F0B24.jpeg

Round comb Shovel, great shaver and possibly the loudest razor there is. (y)

That blade, fooled me for a moment, I saw a modern aluminum backed GEM, but I thought it had a vintage blade with no hole or slots! :unsure: Cardboard and your photo filter had me fooled. :p
Nice observations, Thanx.

Do all the 1924’s have that handle as opposed to the chain mail one?
Cheers
Phil
No, check out this post by Paul @pjgh

01/04/21
Pre: Shower, Cold water Face wash
Brush: Semogue SOC TAJ
Soap: 1912 Citrus Musk
Razor: Brass Karve SB - C
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless (4)
Post shave: Cold water splash, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: TC's Orange & Neroli E45/Argan Oil
Aftershave: 1912 Citrus Musk
Wk13 (6).JPG
Nothing foolish about todays shave,
A wonderful lather mixed up with the Taj boar and Wickhams soap, plenty for 4 passes if needed, i do believe this brush is nearly there, it felt great on the face.
The Brass Karve as smooth as ever and the Feather on its 4th outing performed really well, still sharp and smooth.
I completed 3 passes WTG, XTG & ATG for a smooth BBS finish.
I finished the shave off with an EO infused homemade balm and a splash of Citrus Musk, very nice.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Exhibit A:
Thanks @Boycie83 think I'l try a WTB :) don't fancy another £80 for the OC, not yet at least :)

1/4/21

Pre - Cien Soap Free Facial Wash
Brush - Yaqi Rainbow Handle/Faux Horse 26mm Knot
Bowl - Pet Slow Feed Water Bowl
Soap - Signature Soaps Eboracum
Razor - Yaqi Katana
Blade - Lord Classic SS (3)
Post - Witch Hazel/Lea Balm
AS - Brut Oceans

I've been using SS Eboracum for a good while now, and I always liked it and rated it really highly. This week I've been bowl lathering and been hydrating it a lot more than I'd have done so if I'd face lathered and the results are quite exceptional and it's now gone from being one of my top 10 soaps, to my top 3 soaps. It's incredibly easy to lather, with the peppermint oil it's pleasantly cooling on the face during the shave, the scent is a really well-balanced one between the peppermint and cedarwood oils which never overwhelms the sensations but is strong enough to be enjoyable during the shave. There's also the post shave, which I find to be one of the best out there for being a very neutral feel.

Ok, onto the shave. I started off the shave by scooping out a tiny fingernail worth of soap from the tub and it was a little too much, I ended up having enough lather for 5 passes! I'm really liking the combination of Yaqi Katana and Lord Classic SS, but the blade was definitely struggling a little around my mouth for the first pass, but there was enough gas in the tank to see the shave through.

Finished the shave with Brut Oceans, it's a cheap splash for sure, it can be bought for £3 on the high street but it seems to be one I reach for more than others. When the Afro-Carib shops reopen, I will pick up another variety from the Brut range.

Anyway gents, have a good day.
Thanks, hope your feel better now

Nice observations, Thanx.

No, check out this post by Paul @pjgh
Thankyou @Electrif for this.

Thursday 1st April

ACtC-3cdUHdGH6cB-1QSVs1XNrF32iB9wxZ6HN3CeTIw4MIlF9TK9eUYjaZ4YKvDGNwDfNXfIdvep8_alohWDjs6zAZI8Ndmoh2pGWgHdl3JoCmMk3ivb3eMS5ZDycJcd148RmTDyZhrGcAq4EUovDwF7wxg3Q=w1200

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Wickham's 1912 Parma Violet Shaving Soap
hjm Professional (Boar)
Yaqi Katana DLC w/Star Bakelite Handle
Gillette Winner Platinum (1)
Puig Quorum Aftershave

Much thanks to @donnie_arko for the tuck of blades ...

Not as smooth but apparently sharper than the Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum with more of a stainless feeling than platinum on my face, which is no bad thing as I tend to prefer honest stainless. In some respects, it almost feels like an Indian equivalent on the Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge, another platinum blade that has more of a feeling of really good stainless.

Uncle Sachin endorses this perfect single pass shave! Much enjoyed!

Last edited:
Thursday 1st April

ACtC-3cdUHdGH6cB-1QSVs1XNrF32iB9wxZ6HN3CeTIw4MIlF9TK9eUYjaZ4YKvDGNwDfNXfIdvep8_alohWDjs6zAZI8Ndmoh2pGWgHdl3JoCmMk3ivb3eMS5ZDycJcd148RmTDyZhrGcAq4EUovDwF7wxg3Q=w1200

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Wickham's 1912 Parma Violet Shaving Soap
hjm Professional (Boar)
Yaqi Katana DLC w/Star Bakelite Handle
Gillette Winner Platinum (1)
Puig Quorum Aftershave

Much thanks to @donnie_arko for the tuck of blades ...

Not as smooth and apparently sharper than the Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum with more of a stainless feeling than platinum on my face, which is no bad thing as I tend to prefer honest stainless. In some respects, it almost feels like an Indian equivalent on the Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge, another platinum blade that has more of a feeling of really good stainless.

Uncle Sachin endorses this perfect single pass shave! Much enjoyed!

I like the Gillette Winner blades - very good value for money

Back
Top Bottom