SOTD Saturday 27 March to Friday 2nd April

I went for a post-industrial shave (PIS) today. It stung a bit but was effective. The vaseline balm with added lime oil did help. The lemon bleach was as easy to lather as Trumper's lime soap. I think I will need to change the blade though for tomorrow's shave.

pis.jpg

Razor: Stanley 199
Blade: Stanley Triangle (3,876)
Soap: Morrison's Lemon
Brush: One in the bathroom
Pre-shave: For wimps
Post-shave: Vaseline with lime oil and Isopropyl AS

p.s. Just a wee question, does anyone know where I can pick up a .84 OC head for this razor, just to try out of course?
Exhibit A:

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Thursday 1st April 2021

Shave Score 8.50/10.0 - marked down due to stabbing myself in the face with the razor :)

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing PreShave Cream
Soap: Officina Artigiana - Milano
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RazoRock GameChanger .84 SB
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
Post Shave ASL: Officina Artigiana - Milano
Post Shave Balm: LEA
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

Gillette Platinum today, found out the hard way how sharp this was, when merely presenting the razor to upper left cheek must of had it at a weird angle because basically it embedded itself, not too much as the styptic stick took care of it in short order.
Was a lovely and super close shave in the RR GC .84 SB.

I was in a hurry as a user at a client of mine thought it would make a great April fools to say to the entire company on Ringcentral chat that he was broken into last night and his laptop stolen, so after me saying on said chat he ought to of told me sooner, and me being the IT Manager for that company I decided to remove his PC from the company via Azure endpoint management and wipe it, currently in the process of reloading it :( He got me good :) but is now aware to check with me before announcing to the whole company that he's lost a company asset.

Have a good April fools day and watch yoursefls at least until 12:00 :)

p.s. Just a wee question, does anyone know where I can pick up a .84 OC head for this razor, just to try out of course?

Joe.

View attachment 67347
Another option Joe is the Dscosmetics X2 - a copy of the GC OC 84 but I'm not sure how similar it actually is

I went for a post-industrial shave (PIS) today. It stung a bit but was effective. The vaseline balm with added lime oil did help. The lemon bleach was as easy to lather as Trumper's lime soap. I think I will need to change the blade though for tomorrow's shave.

View attachment 67354

Nice ingredients there Sir, that will put years on your complexion :)

View attachment 67354

I sold my Stanley - too mild

THURSDAY
PRE: Bloom Water
RAZOR: Timeless ALSB45 Aluminum
BLADE: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
BRUSH: APShaveCo. 24mm Badger/Boar
SOAP: ‌CF ‌‌Santa Paula Citrus ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌

ofZyTZJ.jpg

SOTD : 1st April 2021.

72.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien ~ PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Lider Turkish Boar.
Face Lather.
Soap : Derby Shave Stick.
Blade: Shark Super Stainless .(D2)
Razor: Weishi 2.0 Adjustable. (Settings) wtg 5, atg + pick ups 6.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. +3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel)./Aloe Vera Gel./ Gummy ~ Traditional Turkish Tobacco Cologne.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

"white rabbit white rabbit white rabbit!"

Last outing of the Shark Super Stainless blade to finish my shaving week & month off using various Lord DE blades...

The Silver Star Super Stainless & Lord Platinum Class are my favourite blades from the lord camp however, the Asco & Shark Super stainless are the smoothest out of them which is my preference in a blade over sharpness. The longevity of the Silver Star Super Stainless & Lord Platinum Class, which i am convinced are the same blade" in different covers? have a nice balance of efficiency & smoothness....Long story short, each of the blades from the Lord camp have gave acceptable shaving results with no intermittent quality problems throughout the month.

The Weishi 2.0 Adjustable/Shark Super Stainless blade duo was a real smooth efficient combo...The Weishi Adjustable performance on the higher settings work wonderfully.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...A great shave to finish my shaving week...Finishing the shave off in style with a generous splash of Gummy ~ Traditional Turkish Tobacco Cologne.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Thursday 1st April
Ever Ready 1924 Patent Anniversary
Zenith 506 - Haslinger Honig - Ever Ready 1924 - GEM Stainless Coated #4 - Williams Aqua Velva A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
orWUrdE.jpg

This travel set was the 1st 1924 I acquired back in 2015; after being sent down the SE rabbit hole (ewe you know who you are). The short handle doesn't really bother me plus the audio feedback is second to none.
Round comb Shovel, great shaver and possibly the loudest razor there is. (y)

That blade, fooled me for a moment, I saw a modern aluminum backed GEM, but I thought it had a vintage blade with no hole or slots! :unsure: Cardboard and your photo filter had me fooled. :p

1/4/21

Pre - Cien Soap Free Facial Wash
Brush - Yaqi Rainbow Handle/Faux Horse 26mm Knot
Bowl - Pet Slow Feed Water Bowl
Soap - Signature Soaps Eboracum
Razor - Yaqi Katana
Blade - Lord Classic SS (3)
Post - Witch Hazel/Lea Balm
AS - Brut Oceans

I've been using SS Eboracum for a good while now, and I always liked it and rated it really highly. This week I've been bowl lathering and been hydrating it a lot more than I'd have done so if I'd face lathered and the results are quite exceptional and it's now gone from being one of my top 10 soaps, to my top 3 soaps. It's incredibly easy to lather, with the peppermint oil it's pleasantly cooling on the face during the shave, the scent is a really well-balanced one between the peppermint and cedarwood oils which never overwhelms the sensations but is strong enough to be enjoyable during the shave. There's also the post shave, which I find to be one of the best out there for being a very neutral feel.

Ok, onto the shave. I started off the shave by scooping out a tiny fingernail worth of soap from the tub and it was a little too much, I ended up having enough lather for 5 passes! I'm really liking the combination of Yaqi Katana and Lord Classic SS, but the blade was definitely struggling a little around my mouth for the first pass, but there was enough gas in the tank to see the shave through.

Finished the shave with Brut Oceans, it's a cheap splash for sure, it can be bought for £3 on the high street but it seems to be one I reach for more than others. When the Afro-Carib shops reopen, I will pick up another variety from the Brut range.

Anyway gents, have a good day.

Back
Top Bottom