SOTD: Saturday 27 January - Friday 2 February 2024

SOTD 01-Feb
20240131_144329.jpg
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: SSC Haverford
Razor: CB Karve Brass B
Blade: Wizamet

Swift midweek change up. Had some hectic irritation on my neck. I'm not sure whether that's from an over exuberant shave or a reaction to software. It was a bit of a build up so I'm wondering whether it's from the extended use of the Wholly Kaw gear. I had a reaction to Cuero Oscuro previously, which I thought was that particular soap, but it may be the base itself. I may try and do another round on the WK and see if the same happens.

Either which way, decided to take it down a couple of notches and bring out the Karve B to give myself some time to recover. I could just stop for a few days but I've grown far too accustomed to a smooth finish.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 01/02/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 6th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Eufros Premium Tallow Dama De Noche Puck
Balm: Eufros Premium Tallow Dama De Noche Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy your day!

Thursday 1st February
Ever Ready 1924 - GEM Stainless #9 - DScosmetic T4 Synthetic - OSP Orange & Patchouli - Duru Mandarin Cologne - Aloe Vera Gel
1000017370-01.jpg

Soap use was inspired by a recent @Mike Smart shave

Scheermonnik Delfts Wit
PAA 26mm Phantom aerolite
Eveready 1912
GEM coated
Alum
Thayers cucumber witch hazel

A few weepers under my jawline sorted with the alum, even though the blade is shimmed the 1912 to me is a bit on the rough side probably because it originally took a wedge blade. Finally finished the Scheermonnik soap which was good but will not replaced as I still have twenty five more soap to go at!

Thur 1st February

Aleppo soap-Shave pre wash
Stirling Syn 26mm
La Toja stick- grated
Occams Enoch
Schick Proline ( 2 )
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

A rather interesting Shave for me, as I am comparing The Enoch with The Hiram Commander that I used last time out. Initially all went well until I got to the chin area where I had developed some sore areas. Though I tried the lightest of touches I found it difficult to clear around the sore patches, and managed to get a couple of weepers on the chin.
Am afraid that of the Two Razors , The Hiram Commander seems to work best for me and maybe I should try and pass The Enoch on.

IMG_0930.jpeg

01/02/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Jayaruh #291 Synth Tuxedo Knot
Soap - OSP Spice Road
Razor - Blackland Dart
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - OSP Spice Road
Wk 05 (6).jpg
A very nice no error shave today, plus there will be enough soap left for tomorrows shave.
Enjoy your day all.

Giving Fat February a go. As such going to stick to the same kit for the month. This will be a first since wet shaving became a thing for me.

• 3one6
  • Dorco Titan
  • Omega 10066
  • MWF
  • Bull Dog Original Moisturiser.
Chosen my favourite blade & razor combo for the month. They seem to work really well with MWF too. The only software I have that contains lanolin, I believe. A local soap, which just works for me. Lovely shave. Hopefully it will carry on being for the next month.

Bed bound for the last few days with flu. It actually tired me out having the shave this morning and I went back to bed sleeping my misadventure off.
I have signed up to Fat February and have the Wilkie stick, Kent and three variations of Hampshire Wool Fat to keep it interesting. If only I can muster the energy to shave again in a few days' time.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur (Artist-style single edge blades)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild (pink)
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Generic Hand soap
Lather: Wilkinson Sword Shave stick (vintage)

Back
Top Bottom