SOTD Saturday 25th November 2017 - Friday 1st December 2017

Eufros - Agarwood
ABC Boar
King Pelican
Dior Privée Leather Oud

N6dtp9O.jpg

There's some bold visual and olfactory statements going on with today's SOTD. I'm leaving a trail of animalic sexual evocation in my wake today like a lascivious Pied Piper...
Fantastic picture with an equally fantastic clip from Soul Train, how smooth is that presenter, his voice is as cool as Donna Summer's! :) P.

Last edited:
kt5ahzT8_o.jpeg

Shavemac Americana D01 Silvertip
Gillette Rocket HD (Muhle Rocca R96)
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (1)
Wickhams 1912 Shamrock Tweed
BBA Post Shave Balm & Moon Hari Green Irish Tweed oil

I had intended to use my Rocket today but when I walked past the box of parcels a Christmas present cried out for a sneaky use and unable to put up with the soft wails I cuddled it and warmed it up in the sink haha. I must say it is a superb razor and very comfortable to use. I only did two passes with it and was fantastic. I finished off ATG with the Rocket.

The Wickhams was lovely too, a nice interpretation of the famous Creed scent. My only concern today is the brush which lost 6 hairs, hope it isn't a sign of things to come....

Thuesday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash, followed by Prorasso (Green) Pre-shave Cream.
Razor - Supply-SE v2.0, classic plate (**).
Blade - Personna PTFE (Day 5).
Soap - OSP Menthol and Eucalyptus Soap.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger.
Post shave - OSP Menthol and Eucalyptus Splash, followed by Bluebeards Revenge Post Shave Balm.

A very enjoyable shave this morning, was up a little earlier than normal and had more time for a leisurely shave. 3 passes, with no issues to report and a BBS finish.

Still have a lingering cold, hence the use of menthol and eucalyptus, where possible, which is no bad thing. I'm pleased to report that my skin and sinuses felt great after the shave :)

I'm beginning to wonder what the aggressive (***) plate on the supply v2.0 is like - has anyone tried it?

All the best,

Chris

7C9322CD-5085-4486-9EB6-13BB6C92DA38.jpeg

Valobra/Puma/Maseto/Sottozero

Second use of the Extro, yes only yesterday I proclaimed it to be superb... It is a nice product, scent to me would pair beautifully with Fitjar Folgefonn and it feels amazing when applied with just the right amount of menthol... Unfortunately for me it's extremely drying, used it only two days running and have a face like Ghandi's flip flops.

SOTD: 281117
SOTD 281117 4.png
Blade: Gem #1
Razor: ER 1912
Soap: Rose of Bulgaria
Brush: Maseto 26mm Silvertip
Bowl: S.V. Grail
EDP: Rose of Bulgaria.

I had a single pass this afternoon as I must confess I overdosed with the Streamline yesterday and as a result my face was on fire late last night.
Really should of given my skin a rest but I had an hour spare this afternoon and temptation took over. ;)

A single pass with the awesome 1912 left me DFS.

The soap was a let down for me today. I am not sure if I fed it too much water but the slickness was not there for me.
Brush worked up a decent lather using the S.V. Bowl . It took me a considerable time to achieve.

Finished with the Witch Hazel and a generous splash of the long lasting and lovely perfumed Rose of Bulgaria.

Enjoy your shaves. :)

Last edited:
View attachment 31218 ~SOTD~ Teusday 28th November

Prep ~ Shower & face wash - Birch tar soap
Razor ~ Ever-Ready Natral angle ( nickel plated )
Blade ~ Gem SS
Soap ~ P&B Baskerville
Brush ~ Semouge 1305
Scuttle ~ Giles shaving Co
Post ~ BBA PSB
Scent ~ Penhaligon's Iris Prima edp

A nice shave from the ER Natural angle, not as effective as some razors but will get the job done and done well given time.
The scent of the Baskerville soap is just perfect for this altumnal time and the lather is as slick as can be.
BBA to finnish the shave and an application on my pulse points of the wonderful Iris Prima........perfect.:)

Wishing you all a good day........:)
Baskerville...elementary, my dear Paul.

SOTD: 281117
View attachment 31225
Blade: Gem #1
Razor: ER 1912
Soap: Rose of Bulgaria
Brush: Maseto 26mm Silvertip
Bowl: S.V. Grail
EDT: Rose of Bulgaria.

I had a single pass this afternoon as I must confess I overdosed with the Streamline yesterday and as a result my face was on fire late last night.
Really should of given my skin a rest but I had an hour spare this afternoon and temptation took over. ;)

A single pass with the awesome 1912 left me DFS.

The soap was a let down for me today. I am not sure if I fed it too much water but the slickness was not there for me.
Brush worked up a decent lather using the S.V. Bowl . It took me a considerable time to achieve.

Finished with the Witch Hazel and a generous splash of the long lasting and lovely perfumed Rose of Bulgaria.

Enjoy your shaves. :)
Where do you buy your Rose of Bulgaria Wayne? Sounds lovely. :) P.

~ SOTD 28th November 2017 ~

Razor - Rockwell 2C (R3)
Blade - Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless (2)
Brush - Omega 11126
Bowl - Korium Brown Earth Shaving Bowl
Soap - PannaCrema Nuavia Verde
Balm - Proraso White Aftershave Balm
20171128_174937.jpg
Nice shave I like the Nuavia Verde Better than the Nuavia Blu it has a better scent :)

Tuesday AM 2017-11-28

Georgetown Pottery G20 Scuttle (Hamada and Purple)
Rooney 1/1 Ivory Finest #2 (22mm/49mm)
Floris Verbena shaving soap (vintage)
LASSC BBS-1
Polsilver Super Iridium (10)
Guerlain Vétiver aftershave

After just two uses, I'm convinced that the BBS-1 is too aggressive for me, even with a well-used SI blade. I even got nick on my neck area, which is very rare for me. Plus, although superb, its shave overall is not enough better for me to justify the cost - which would be the loss of my favorite Rooney Finest brush in trade.
dUAWZiM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom