SOTD Saturday 25th November 2017 - Friday 1st December 2017

20171128_200401-jpg.21254

Razor: Razorrock Titanium Baby Smooth (on loan)
Razor blade: Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (2)
Brush: Romera Mancurian
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti

Fabulous shave this evening. Second shave with the RR Baby Smooth (on loan from @Acer89 ) with excellent results. A very little touch is required. I think it really should be called 'The Baby Face Assassin'.

It's been a long time since I've used the Romera. I sent it to @Acer89 to work his magic. He's totally refurbed the handle and done a top class job. Thank you James, it's stunning!

I'd forgotten what a sublime knot it is. Mega backbone and wonderful soft.

I hadn't used the SV Dolomiti for a long time too. Cracking lather with a gorgeous scent.

Finished off with the excellent Reuzel aftershave....Can I fit anymore superlatives in one Post?

.....OK one more. The greatest band on the planet.

Laters
Rob

Greetings All,

Wednesday shave.

One growth and warm shave

Preparation – Showered then face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: Molton Brown Soap
Razor: Rockwell 6C (4P)
Blade: Voskhod (3rd)
Brush: Razorock 400 (face lather)

Post Shave: Hot then cold water rinse, ALUM (ouch) Nivea 2 Phase followed by Michael Kors EDT.

So this morning I created the perfect lather with my Molton Brown soap and Razorock 400 – the scent is just wonderful one of my favourites. Then after 2 passes (WTG and XTG) I embark on the ATG – disaster struck – why did I rush? I do not know, but ended up with more weepers on one cheek (always the same effing cheek) than craters on the moon (well not that much) but ended up with 'ouchy' Alum block rub, but I forgave the soap, forgave my razor and even forgave the blade – bad workman and tool blaming – it was my fault :confused:

After all that, nigh on BBS and Michael Kors finished the stinging :oops:

Cheers,

Brian :cool:

Happy Hump Day

image.jpg ~SOTD~ Wednesday 29th November

Prep ~ Shower & face wash, Donkey & Goat milk soap
Razor ~ Ever -Ready 1912 Sun Ray made in England
Blade ~ Gem SS
Soap ~ Valbora Stick
Brush ~ Semouge OC Badger
Post~ BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent ~ Stash by SJP

A lovely shave from my favourite 1912 fitted out with a Gem SS blade on its second use. The Valbora soap was spot on and remains one of my top soaps, it produced a wonderful thick creamy lather with my SOC Badger and is more than protective enough for any blade.
BBA PSB to finnish my shave followed by a body spray of the woody Stash EDP by SJP. Looking and smelling great! :) P.

Enjoy your day folks, but let's be careful out there! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom