Bloom water from soap
Soap PAA CaD great soap and scent
Brush Semouge 830 Excelsior boar
Razor Ever-Ready 1912 Made in England
Gem SS blade (2)
Alum block
Nivea post shave balm
Davidoff Horizon Extreme

Great shave which had the time every day to enjoy full shave rather than one pass

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Grooming Dept - After The Fire
ABC Boar
MÜHLE Rocca R95 - Nacet
Vitos Tabacco Aftershaving

Mohammad knows the score

hLDYp4z.jpg

James - Laid

Date: 29 November 2017 "SOTN"

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo Synth. 26/57mm fan knot
Lather: - Route 66 ~ Bourbon Jungle 2x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice
Razor: - Colonial Razors ~ General SS
Blade: - Feather Professional Super #3
Post: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Bulldog Original Moisturiser

MQkG4ajM_o.jpeg

Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Gillette Rocket HD
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless
Extro Arzachena
Thayers Rose, BBA Post Shave Balm & Extro Arzachena

Excellent lather as I have come to expect with both Extro and my Yaqi. The blade is not compatible for me I think, feels a bit rough on my face and I had several weepers, which is unusual. I might forego a third use and bin this blade.

The blade is not compatible for me I think, feels a bit rough on my face and I had several weepers, which is unusual. I might forego a third use and bin this blade.

The first Gillette 7OC Green SS I used was a duff blade but for the others I found for a few shaves in a Tech took away the roughness before it smoothed out and after that I remember getting some very good shaves with it in a DE89. I think it can be a good blade, but not one of Gillette PPI's best for quality and consistency.

The first Gillette 7OC Green SS I used was a duff blade but for the others I found for a few shaves in a Tech took away the roughness before it smoothed out and after that I remember getting some very good shaves with it in a DE89. I think it can be a good blade, but not one of Gillette PPI's best for quality and consistency.
I find in my experience most Gillette blades are terrible for me, I can't see to get on with them at all. The only one I have had consistently good shaves with is the 7 O'Clock Super Platinum. I have a Yellow to try next but from what I can remember from my last use, it wasn't positive. We shall see tomorrow. ...

Wed 29th Nov

Omega 11137 boar
MWF
ER 1924 & EJ89 Handle
Gem S/S [ 4 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Puig Quorum A/S Lotion

After Shaves with a 1912, the 1924 is more of a challenge being a lot more aggressive. Besides using a light touch/no pressure it is imperative not to rush and keep the lather nice and slick. Pleased to say that I was rewarded by a Smooth and comfortable shave, with an ultra close finish. I would advise newcomers to SE shaving to hone their skills on a milder Razor than this, i.e. maybe a Clog Pruf or HFT.

IMG_0438.jpg

View attachment 31224

Valobra/Puma/Maseto/Sottozero

Second use of the Extro, yes only yesterday I proclaimed it to be superb... It is a nice product, scent to me would pair beautifully with Fitjar Folgefonn and it feels amazing when applied with just the right amount of menthol... Unfortunately for me it's extremely drying, used it only two days running and have a face like Ghandi's flip flops.
"Ghandi's flip flops"... love that description. There must be a product somewhere that could use that name.

Hi James,
What do you think of the RR SMDF and what is the scent like?

Cheers
Rob

Rob, its an interesting one for sure :D

Right, straight off the bat I'll say performance of both croap and splash is very good. I've only used it once so wont fully commit by comparing it against anything else but it's obviously not produced by Tcheon Fung Sing for RazoRock like XXX or Emperor, I've used those and didn't rate them.

It lathers at the sight of a brush, creates a very dense, cushioned lather... Not sure how it would fare with a straight yet but perfect for a safety razor, it was more protective than slick but it was my first lather so could be a case operator error. Post shave was very good, it left me soft and moisturised, no stinging or dryness. The scent when sniffed in the glass jar is slightly reminiscent of Proraso Green with the eucalyptus and camphor, once lathered a creamy vanilla tobacco note comes through and it compliments perfectly, oh yeah there is some menthol in there but it's very mild.

The splash also seems to be superior to Razorocks average. The scent isn't a 100% match for the croap but compliments it perfectly... It's the same vanilla tobacco but without the eucalyptus & camphor so it's much more delicate and refined. Face feel was good, equal to most premium splashes. Scent lingered on me for about 4 hours, interestingly it didn't tail off slowly over time, it was simply there until it wasn't.

Last edited:
SOTD 291117
SOTD 291117 4.jpg

Blade: Astra SP #2
Razor: Gillette Slim L3 #7 setting
Brush: Razorock 400 synth
Soap: Mikes Natural Soap. Lily of the valley
EDT: CK Free

I lovely BBS 3 pass shave with the awesome (if not a little tired) Gillette Slim.
Great lather created face lathering with the 400.
The soap has loads of cushion and slickness.

Finished with the divine scent of oriental plum and a generous splash of the refreshing CK Free.

Enjoy your shaves! :)

Last edited:
Rob, its an interesting one for sure :D

Right, straight off the bat I'll say performance of both croap and splash is very good. I've only used it once so wont fully commit by comparing it against anything else but it's obviously not produced by by Tcheon Fung Sing for RazoRock like XXX or Emperor, I've used those and didn't rate them.

It lathers at the sight of a brush, creates a very dense, cushioned lather... Not sure how it would fare with a straight yet but perfect for a safety razor, it was more protective than slick but it was my first lather so could be a case operator error. Post shave was very good, it left me soft and moisturised, no stinging or dryness. The scent when sniffed in the glass jar is slightly reminiscent of Proraso Green with the eucalyptus and camphor, once lathered a creamy vanilla tobacco note comes through and it compliments perfectly, oh yeah there is some menthol in there but it's very mild.

The splash also seems to be superior to Razorocks average. The scent isn't a perfect match for the croap but compliments it perfectly... It's the same vanilla tobacco but without the eucalyptus & camphor so it's much more delicate and refined. Face feel was good, equal to most premium splashes. Scent lingered on me for about 4 hours, interestingly it didn't tail off slowly over time, it was simply there until it wasn't.

Thanks James. Really appreciate the detailed response. Not sure the scent is for me. I have some Proraso Green so I'll have a sniff later. :)

~ SOTD 29th November 2017 ~

Razor - Rockwell 2C (R3)
Blade - Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless (3)
Brush - Kent BK8 Silvertip Badger
Soap - Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti (First Version)
Balm - Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm
20171129_173456.jpg

First use of the kent bk8 brush today iv read that this brush is no good for face lathering and its to floppy well I face lathered with it today with no problem and its not floppy at all I like it its a great brush and it feels nice and soft on the face looking forward to using it more :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom