SOTD : Saturday 25th April - Friday 01 May 2020

Wed 29th April

Simpson Chubby 1 / Maggards 2band
Williams Mug Soap
Alu. Hawk V1 / Bulldog Handle
Feather Pro [ 4 ]
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

Had an excellent Shave with the Hawk today, it really works well with this Ikon handle. With a light touch and no rush
it delivers a smooth and effective Shave, indeed today with a bit of polishing up work the finish was rather good. Used properly this budget Razor is extremely good value for money, and would be a good AC/SE Starter. I could well be tempted by the S/S version perhaps the OC one.

IMG_0706.jpg

29/04/20
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: GFCC Peppermint
Razor: PILS 101 NE
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless (4 & out)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Green
Aftershave: Proraso Green
Wk18 g.jpg
I am really beginning to enjoy these minty shaves, i was not convinced with peppermint at the beginning finding it too "sweet-shop", i seem to be mellowing to it now, maybe due to the Cedarwood & Peppermint scent of @BrianH 's soap which i really like.
The GFCC works a treat for a cream and performs well above its price, it does however, leave a bit of a film on your razor and the brush needs a good rinse after use.
3 passes and pickups today due to the Feather going off very quickly on the last pass. Still managed a BBS comfortable finish, probably down to the brilliant PILS.
I used the Proraso M&E for the post shave and i do like the menthol hit of it, i think its enough for me, i don't go in for the full on face freeze.
So BBS, comfortable and glowing. Feeling real good.

Soap dish update.
I could not throw the dish away without trying to salvage something.
I had a rake in the den and found a small plastic tub, this sits nicely inside the dish and the lid fits it. I decanted the soap to that, cleaned up the 2 halves, removed the sharp edges and super-glued it back together, it will not see the bathroom again but a least it can sit on the shelf.
The little tub will be used on super-lather days while i debate commissioning another set.
P4290005.JPGP4290004.JPGP4290003.JPG

Stay safe and enjoy your day All

29/04/20
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: GFCC Peppermint
Razor: PILS 101 NE
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless (4 & out)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Green
Aftershave: Proraso Green
View attachment 54033
I am really beginning to enjoy these minty shaves, i was not convinced with peppermint at the beginning finding it too "sweet-shop", i seem to be mellowing to it now, maybe due to the Cedarwood & Peppermint scent of @BrianH 's soap which i really like.
The GFCC works a treat for a cream and performs well above its price, it does however, leave a bit of a film on your razor and the brush needs a good rinse after use.
3 passes and pickups today due to the Feather going off very quickly on the last pass. Still managed a BBS comfortable finish, probably down to the brilliant PILS.
I used the Proraso M&E for the post shave and i do like the menthol hit of it, i think its enough for me, i don't go in for the full on face freeze.
So BBS, comfortable and glowing. Feeling real good.

Soap dish update.
I could not throw the dish away without trying to salvage something.
I had a rake in the den and found a small plastic tub, this sits nicely inside the dish and the lid fits it. I decanted the soap to that, cleaned up the 2 halves, removed the sharp edges and super-glued it back together, it will not see the bathroom again but a least it can sit on the shelf.
The little tub will be used on super-lather days while i debate commissioning another set.
View attachment 54036View attachment 54035View attachment 54034

Stay safe and enjoy your day All
A great repair job on the soap dish mate.."It's wonderful to see how something like a soap dish, gets the upmost care and respect from it's proud owner!"..Enjoy your future shaves with it.
Take care. B (y)

Last edited:
Pre - Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food
Cream - TOBS - Mr Taylor
Brush - New Forest
Razor - MÜHLE R89
Blade - Wilkinson (3)
Post - Alum followed Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food

I missed my shave yesterday as I wasn't feeling too good. Two days growth, which I knew would mean I get a nice shave. Longer bristles seem to help, although it's rare I miss shaving each day. I was correct, two pass plus a few touch ups has given a lovely close shave.

IMG_7577.JPG

Wed 29 SOTD
Soap Arko
Bowl Red Nubs
Brush Yaqi 28mm Synthetic
Razor EJ DE89L
Blade SuperMax Blue Diamond
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Old Spice Lime
Lathering differently this time with Arko. Scrap some soap into bowl and work on it. Nice result and Arko never disappoint with slickness. Enjoyed the scent too. The pleasure from the big brush is just decadent. Continuing with my safe go to razor and paired with blade was excellent. Comfortable and smooth shave. Efficiency not bad too. 3 multiple pass and most importantly able to go atg under jawline without weepers nor irritation. BBS on face & DFS on neck.
Rating today 9.5/10
20200429_202500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom