SOTD : Saturday 25th April - Friday 01 May 2020

A great repair job on the soap dish mate.."It's wonderful to see how something like a soap dish, gets the upmost care and respect from it proud owner!"..Enjoy your future shaves with it.
Take care. B (y)
Thanks Barry, I couldn't just bin it. I may order another set as I am bound to break my lather bowl.:eek:
T

Last edited:
I've had my fourth and fifth DE safety razor shave since my last update. It's going much better now.

I switched out the Muehle blade that came with my razor and put in a Personna blade. I was able to shave my whole head against the grain without any problems at all (but first with the grain and then across). I get no cuts, but a little bit of sting from the alum but it's not significant. The shave is fairly smooth, about on a par with what I was getting from my Gillette Mach 3. I hope I can up the smoothness with increased experience.

I stopped using the Nivea Aftershave Balm and I no longer get the bright red marks after shaving. Maybe it was some mild allergic reaction?

Anyway, one reason for switching to a DE safety razor was the hope that it would resolve some redness that I get - some slight red blotchiness at the base of my skull/top of the back of my neck, and a band of red spottiness/what looks like rough pores along the top of the back of my head/crown stretching a little to the sides. I don't know exactly what's causing these two small problems, but they're not resolved yet, so perhaps it wasn't caused by the cartridge razor... We'll see.

Pre-shave: warm bath/hot flannel
Soap - Signature Soap unscented goat's milk hybrid soap/cream (courtesy of BrianH)
Razor - Muehle R220
Blade - Personna
Post shave - alum

Wednesday AM 2020-04-29

Rooney Polo 1 Ivory Finest (24/54)
Harrods by Floris shaving soap (tallow)
Carbon CX-Titanium
Personna 74 Tungsten (5)
Calvin Klein Obsession aftershave

pCuZpIw.jpg

SOTD : 30th April 2020.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Pure Soap Bar.

Brush: Omega 10051.

Face Lather.

Soap : Cella.

Blade: Indian Gillette ~ 7'0 Clock Super Platinum.(4)

Razor: Parker 89R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint eucalyptus, Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Superdrug ~ Forest Fresh ASL.

Groomed ~ PSB.

Greetings,

Last use of the gillette 7'0 clock s.p. which still feels smooth & sharp on it's fourth use,i could probably get a few more shaves from it to be honest but it'll be retired from use after the shave purely because i still have a boat load of de blades to contend with.

It maybe my imagination but i find the 3 piece parker models slightly more efficient than the TTO models.

The 89R is has a great balance and like all my other parkers isn't fussy with what blade i've paired her up with.

Another very enjoyable 3 pass+ pick ups acceptable silky smooth shave.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Groomed ~ PSB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine.

Enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Date:- 30 April 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ After the Rain
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matte SS 'SB-C' / Rapira Platinum Lux #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

Book 4 of 21.
77431._SY475_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom