Phoenix and Beau Spitfire
PAA Atomic Rocket synth 26mm
Face lather
Gillette New Standard
Gillette Nacet (1)
Alum
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Fine Fresh Vetiver

Smooth as you like today. Slight weeper on the chin, due to carelessness, but the combination of my usual cold water rinsing ritual and alum took care of that.

I really love this razor; it's a hefty fellow and paired well with the very assertive Nacet to give three great passes. P&B gave its usual excellent performance too.

7B9CEBDE-E607-4678-8E0D-D280BAAE7B31.jpeg

Tabac Tuesday 28 SOTD
Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor EJ DE89L
Blade Euromax SS 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Clubman Whisky Woods
Unique scent this Tabac. Lather is great, that's what matters. Creamy and slick! Shave with 1st razor always safe and comfortable eventhough not as efficient. Paired with blade was comfortable. 3pass multiple strokes. Able to go atg under jawline with no weepers nor irritation. Great ice water rinse followed by Thayers & WhiskyWood.
DFS result with rating of 9/10
20200428_172046.jpg

28/04/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: Alpha Outlaw Titanium G4 Synth
Soap: Palmolive - Maca Root Super-lather
Razor: Rockwell 6S #3 Plate
Blade: Personna Med Prep (5)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Thayers Witch Hazel
Balm: Floïd Balm
Aftershave: Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso

"Before"
Wk18 (1)a.jpg

DISASTER STRIKES IN SUNDERLAND!
Today during his pre shave prep Tony'schin exited the shower and slipped on the tiled floor, his weight bearing foot slid forward and he immediately dropped to his other knee to stop the slide, not in time though, his foot hit the bath panel, above which was his coveted Bideford Pottery handmade super lather soap dish.
The dish slid towards the end and although tantalisingly close to catching it, he had to watch in slow motion as it toppled towards the tiled floor, BANG! landing square on the top
"B*$$&^$, B*$$&^$" was heard ringing about the quiet, locked down city.
From a soggy, bedraggled heap he rose from the floor, the tears not noticeable as he was soaking wet. He picked it up and inspected his stupidity in plain English - "the F£$&in' F£$&er is F£$&in' F£$&*d'.
The dish is only held together with the soap.
Ballderdash! he cleaned up the tiny shards and luckily the tiles had not cracked.

In other news:-
A nice 3 pass shave with the Med Prep still going strong, the Floïd post-shave nearly cheering me up - - nearly.
Stay safe, ensure you put the shower mats down on a tiled floor - pre shower, Don't balance ceramic dishes on the bath top and enjoy your day All.
"After"

P4280005.JPGP4280003.JPGP4280004.JPG

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
26/4/20

Brush - Omega 11819
Soap - Palmolive Stick
Razor - Gillette Guard
Post - Witch Hazel/Alum
Balm - Nivea Cooling
AS - Benjamin's Bay Rum w/Pimento

A few nights of shitty sleep, and I had no urge to hold a DE razor to my face so went for my seldom used neglected Gillette Guard and it produced a delightful smooth and comfortable shave in 2.5 passes.

A slight adjustment in how I build the lather today, after rubbing the stick on my face I usually squeeze out all the water and start building the lather on my face and then start building the lather adding a few drops at a time but today I just squeezed all the water out, then dipped the tips of the brush (about 1.5cm) in water then built the lather, not much of an adjustment but it seemed to produce a better lather with a lot less trouble.

Even though my Omega 11819 boar gives me a little trouble, now that it is broken in it might be even softer than any synth brush I've used and seems to produce a lather with very little trouble. It might be my favourite brush at this moment in time.

Tuesday AM 2020-04-28

Rooney 3/2 Ebony Finest (24/54)
Floris No. 89 shaving soap (tallow)
Gillette New Long Comb/UFO Colibri
Personna 74 Tungsten (4)
Floris No. 89 aftershave (vintage)

hkmKLvH.jpg

Back
Top Bottom