SOTD : Saturday 25th April - Friday 01 May 2020

Monday AM 2020-04-27

Babe Ruth Day
lO37pAI.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Faux Horn Finest (24/54)
Crabtree & Evelyn Lavender shaving cream (vintage)
Wolfman WR2-SB/Bob's Razor Works Bull Mastiff
Personna 74 Tungsten (3)
Yardley English Lavender aftershave (vintage)
Wj4QSLg.jpg

27/04/20

Razor: iKon SBS (SB)
Blade: GSB (4)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Soap: Signature Soaps Caledonia
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: PAA Harvest Moon (sample)
ASB: Proraso Blue

View attachment 53965

Look at this thing:

View attachment 53964

If it wasn't for that Rocnel monstrosity Tony @Tony'schin occasionally shaves with, this would be the ugliest razor on TSR.

Slick creamy goodness from the Sig Soap and a rather pleasant scent from the PAA ASL. The smells from these two products relieves the darkness brought to my eyes by the SBS. Annoyingly it's proven itself a good razor head so looks like I'm keeping it now.

The T3 brush performed well. Easily made a lather using just the tips on my face. I can see why there's a lot of love for these new budget Simpson brushes.
I have to say, (that's) possibly the most terrifying razor I've seen. The Cybermen probably use them...

27/04/20

Razor: iKon SBS (SB)
Blade: GSB (4)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Soap: Signature Soaps Caledonia
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: PAA Harvest Moon (sample)
ASB: Proraso Blue

View attachment 53965

Look at this thing:

View attachment 53964

If it wasn't for that Rocnel monstrosity Tony @Tony'schin occasionally shaves with, this would be the ugliest razor on TSR.

Slick creamy goodness from the Sig Soap and a rather pleasant scent from the PAA ASL. The smells from these two products relieves the darkness brought to my eyes by the SBS. Annoyingly it's proven itself a good razor head so looks like I'm keeping it now.

The T3 brush performed well. Easily made a lather using just the tips on my face. I can see why there's a lot of love for these new budget Simpson brushes.
I don't think it will make it onto the TSR calendar ! :)

SOTN!
I've been trying to stop my lockdown night cap habit and instead have a nice shave at night, it does work... but tonight I had both.....;)
In a way I'm celebrating; because since joining you guys here just last week, I've been feeling the urge to find a nice mug or bowl for lathering after seeing some lovely ones here. It's practically been one of the only things I've been thinking about. A nice shaving mug. Looking through all the cupboards for something that would help work up a nice lather. Then just today, as I was looking in the cabinet under the sink for some bin-bags......
There she was. Right under my snout!
I used to use this jug to hold water for sticking paint brushes in when I was a kid, I believe it came from my my Dad's parents. Anyway it's just a little jug made by Porthmadog pottery I believe (?!) but its what I've been after! Great size and depth to it and even has some subtle but nice grooves in the bottom, they probably won't make much of a difference but I'm glad I found this in particular for my first shave mug. I'm looking forward to making some superlathers in it!

IMAG0758_1.jpgIMAG0739.jpg

Last edited:
Tuesday‌ ‌04.28.20‌ ‌SOTD‌

DSCF0006 - Edited.jpg

Gillette ‘51 W2 Korean War Black Bakelite Handle Tech
NOS Gillette Thin Blade ‌
Frank‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌24mm‌ ‌x‌ ‌53mm‌ ‌Finest‌ ‌Badger‌
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Aftershave

DSCF0008 - Edited (1).jpg

VDE5HX2.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: Calani Oriental Plum
Razor: Merkur Futur Gold (2)
Blade: Iridium Super BN-84 (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Bootleggers El Dorado Aftershave Splash
Scent: GFT Spanish Leather

Wonderful shave. The scent of the Calani soap is marvelous - probably my favourite tobacco scent.
The Rooney whipped up ample quantities of luxurious lather; and the Futur, loaded with a fresh BN-84, began its inexorable removal of my stubble.
Three passes and a few buffs for a DFS result. The El Dorado splash paired very nicely indeed with the GFT Spanish Leather.

SOTD : 28th April 2020.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Pure Soap Bar.

Brush : Yaqi ~ 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap: Nivea Men Body Shave Stick.

Blade: Indian Gillette ~ 7'0 Clock Super Platinum. (3)

Razor: Parker 92R .

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint eucalyptus, Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture.

Nivea Men ~ Body Shaving ASL.

Greetings,

It's been a while since i last used my parker 92R due to me due to me reaching for trusty favourites.I find the parker TTO de razor models slightly less efficient than the 3 piece models, that's not to say the TTO models are non-aggressive shrinking violets, because they're not!.... I find them solidly built great value for money razors. The 92R has a good hefty weight and like my other indian made princesses removes face and head stubble with effortless ease once you adjust to shaving with a steeper angle.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men ~ Body Shaving ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Date:- 28 April 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ After the Rain
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Ball End Tech (0.56mm) 1946-50 / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #10
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

Back
Top Bottom