SOTD : Saturday 25th April - Friday 01 May 2020

Monday 27th April
Yaqi Heavy Metal Tux - Wickham 1912 Classic 24 - Ever Ready 1912 - Gem SSC #5 - Wickham 1912 Classic 24 ASB
yIlK1NB.jpg

Mon 27th SOTD
Cream MacaRoot & Aloe
Bowl Timeless
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Astra 2nd
Post and Aftershave
Ice Water
Special Thayers Mix
MacaRoot Aloe Gel
Good lather as always with the cream especially in combination with bowl and brush. Nice scent and performance.
Shave was abit rough today not sure if it's the blade. Ditched it. Just a simple conservative 3pass enough. Was very careful. No weepers but have irritation. Actually face feels abit sore from yesterday's shave. SAS result with rating of 7/10 today.
20200427_071727.jpg
20200427_075728.jpg

Mon 27th SOTD
Cream MacaRoot & Aloe
Bowl Timeless
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Astra 2nd
Post and Aftershave
Ice Water
Special Thayers Mix
MacaRoot Aloe Gel
Good lather as always with the cream especially in combination with bowl and brush. Nice scent and performance.
Shave was abit rough today not sure if it's the blade. Ditched it. Just a simple conservative 3pass enough. Was very careful. No weepers but have irritation. Actually face feels abit sore from yesterday's shave. SAS result with rating of 7/10 today.
View attachment 53961
View attachment 53962
How's the maca root stuff? Also where'd you manage to find the bowl?! Can't seem to find one on any UK sites!

27/04/20

Razor: iKon SBS (SB)
Blade: GSB (4)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Soap: Signature Soaps Caledonia
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: PAA Harvest Moon (sample)
ASB: Proraso Blue

IMG_20200427_142308.jpg

Look at this thing:

IMG_20200427_142340.jpg

If it wasn't for that Rocnel monstrosity Tony @Tony'schin occasionally shaves with, this would be the ugliest razor on TSR.

Slick creamy goodness from the Sig Soap and a rather pleasant scent from the PAA ASL. The smells from these two products relieves the darkness brought to my eyes by the SBS. Annoyingly it's proven itself a good razor head so looks like I'm keeping it now.

The T3 brush performed well. Easily made a lather using just the tips on my face. I can see why there's a lot of love for these new budget Simpson brushes.

Last edited:
How's the maca root stuff? Also where'd you manage to find the bowl?! Can't seem to find one on any UK sites!
Hey, thanks for asking. I love the MacaRoot. Scent to me like cologne and strength-wise 6/10. Easy to lather, slickness medium to good depending on lathering. The aftershave scent is similar & combo is great...can last 2+hours.
The bowl is Timeless...I bought if off Maggard in the US during their big discount on International Shipping last Oct. The bowl is considered cheap at only US12 but the normal shipping to my place cost double. So with the discount, it was a bargain. Really nice unbreakable bowl for lathering.
No, there's not much good shave bowls in the UK. I do buy much of my shave stuff from the UK too but certain stuff limited, especially shave bowl.
The UK/EU do have lots of good shave soaps and creams though...hahahaha...my next target the P&B...

Mon 26th April

RazoRock 400. SE Plissoft noir
Arran Aromatics-Bay Citrus
Occams- Oren/ plate 3
Feather Proguard [ 6 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

It may not have the looks of some other Razors, but the little Oren consistently delivers the smoothest and most comfortable Shaves. Not only that but the finish quality is rather amazing ultra close in all areas, without any problems.
It is a precision Shaving Instrument and is probably the best AC/SE that I have used , the Vector may be better but this
is good enough for me.

IMG_0704.jpg

View attachment 53954SOTD
Pre: Hot Shower
Soap: Nanny's Silly Soap Citrus Zinger
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Feather (3)
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson
A/S: Old Spice
Balm: Nivea Men Originals
I rate the plisson - works well for face or bowl lathering and daughters bought me its (that makes a change, it normally other was round!).

Back
Top Bottom