SOTD : Saturday 24th February - Friday 2nd March 2018

Pre: Mickey Lee Soapworks Lime Pre Shave Butter
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Astra SP
Soap: Reuzel Shave Cream

This was a brushless shave. Instructions advise use it with or without brush. Tried it with a brush, it's just not lathering. So I did it without a brush. The cream provides slickness/glide but there's a lack of cushion. It's a good option for a travel kit and shaving in a rush.

Don't know if its the razor and blade combo or the cream but the shave was not as close as my usual ones.
The post shave on the other hand - terrific, like always with this aftershave. Silky smooth.
7d02cdb6e1914e75bdc8755b66a1d9a8.jpg

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Pre: Mickey Lee Soapworks Lime Pre Shave Butter
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Astra SP
Soap: Reuzel Shave Cream

This was a brushless shave. Instructions advise use it with or without brush. Tried it with a brush, it's just not lathering. So I did it without a brush. The cream provides slickness/glide but there's a lack of cushion. It's a good option for a travel kit and shaving in a rush.

Don't know if its the razor and blade combo or the cream but the shave was not as close as my usual ones.
The post shave on the other hand - terrific, like always with this aftershave. Silky smooth.
7d02cdb6e1914e75bdc8755b66a1d9a8.jpg

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Does AS contain alcohol?

Thanks

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Castle Forbes pre-shave gel
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Cream: XPEC Original
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Vintage English Gillette White (2)
EdT: Guerlain Vetiver

No shave photo as time was limited, so just a previous photo showing the fragrance used tonight.
When I'm pushed for time, experience has taught me to reduce the number of passes, rather than speed up my rate of progress. Hence, 2 passes for a DFS, helped no end by the sharpness of the blade.
Very impressed with the Xpec shaving cream. The stuff is not cheap, but it was certainly luxurious, beautifully scented, and performed very well.
The elegant Guerlain Vetiver was a good scent match for the cream.

26/2/18

Brush - Yaqi Fan Tuxedo
Soap - Speick Stick
Razor - Lord L6
Blade - Gillette Rubie Platinum (2)
Post - RSC Balm
AS - Eyup Sabri Tobacco

I had considered my stock of around 800 blades to be enough until I tried a PIF'd GRP which of the 40 odd blades I have used is possibly the smoothest blades I have used. I'm going to try to compare it to some of the other blades I have in stock in large numbers (Voskhod, Nacet, Permasharp) and whether I'd be more satisfied with my shaves if I buy some more GRP's.

BaG3VpeJ_o.jpeg

Ever Ready 89
Rockwell 6S
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Nivea Sensitive Shaving Cream
Alum Block, Nivea Balm & Next Tropic

First use of my restored Ever Ready, it's not the prettiest but I am happy with it. A good learning experience, though I did plan to set the knot 1-2mm lower, too lazy to remove some excess glue when I was finishing it. A few dings from my unsteady hands, but it adds character :D

A good shave today, I don't use creams too often but I should use them more. Really good stuff by Nivea, I'll need to find some more when I'm out and about. Undecided if I like this blade, it was comfortable but I have better blades for me.

SOTD: 260218
SOTD 260218.jpg

Blade: Voskod #1
Razor: Gibbs #15 (on Loan @Digimonkey )
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar
Soap:
Splash:

I cant believe it has taken me this long to try Tabac. Really impressive stuff that worked up a beautiful lather using the 830.

The Gibbs adjustable is a must buy for my den as soon as I can find one. They really are an awesome bit of kit. Set at number 4, I cannot believe the efficiency and BBS shave this little mowing machine gives me.
First time use of the Voskod with this razor and it performed brilliantly. Smooth and sharp.

Finished with a touch of balm and a generous splash of Tabac. I really like the scent. Great stuff.

Enjoy your shaves. :)

Mon 26th Feb

Vulfix 404 mixed
Vitos Super Red
ATT SE1 + Windrose Handle
Schick Proline [ 13 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Always seem to choose a dependable soap such as the Vitos , when changing Razor Types. After todays Shave I know why the ATT SE1 is probably my favourite modern S/S SE. The Head and the Non stock handle , seem so balanced and weighted that that you really can let the weight do the work especially on the upper parts of the face.

The Quality of Shave attained today is far superior to any I have had recently with Injectors or Vintage SEs, and was obtained so comfortably. I see no need too acquire any other S/S SE Razors as the ones I have are very good, and the SE/Gems that I have tried have been very disappointing.

IMG_0008.jpg

Back
Top Bottom