Blade: KAI Captain Protouch MG, 1st use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: PAA Intergalactic Travel Scuttle
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts Autumn Ash Croap
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Autumn Ash Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of Something Dark And Gothic
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Kiss Me Right Now

So we are into blade and razor combination testing. I want see if a milder blade in the Claymore changes how it feels. Also as I have done the basic tests for a baseline without changing soaps and blade etc I can use more of my tackle so won't have to stare forlornly at my other soaps.

For me a milder blade does help the Claymore although it is more than usable with the normal blade. A damn good shave.

220926.jpg

bdbe9192f4a721619d56d1e0cc43c1bb.jpg

View attachment 94011
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: TDS Rose Notes
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: 1958 Gillette TV Special Super Speed
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)

Today I turn 50 :oops: and I kept back the last sliver of the TDS Rose Notes soap for this occasion. It's easily the best soap I've bought since I started this pastime. The matching ASL remains, but the Extro Cosmesi Barroco will now have to step up and assume the mantle of favourite soap in the locker.
Penblwydd hapus my good chap!

View attachment 94011

Today I turn 50 :oops: and I kept back the last sliver of the TDS Rose Notes soap for this occasion. It's easily the best soap I've bought since I started this pastime. The matching ASL remains, but the Extro Cosmesi Barroco will now have to step up and assume the mantle of favourite soap in the locker.
I hope the rest of you big day is as good as the start. Happy big birthday.

View attachment 94011

All the best on the big five "O"
Hope you have a good one !

View attachment 94011

Happy Birthday David!
Have a good one.

View attachment 93963SOTD: 24/09/2022

Razor: Executive Shaving Claymore Evolution
Blade: Feather Pro, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E L’Orange Verte Puck
Aftershave: TOBS No. 7 Lime Aftershave
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Well the great shaves with the Claymore continued today, it was a much more relaxed, less rushed shave and all the better for it! Close, smooth and mild, it’s not at all aggressive, it’s medium efficient for me so far but I think I’ll be able to dial it in a bit more in time. If I hadn’t tried the Rawr yesterday I think l I’d have enjoyed this A&E much more, it quite a light, warm, subtle citrus scent, unusual for A&E. I like it but I won’t be buying the full tub.
Enjoy the weekend guys.
I find it quite superb with a Timeless Titanium Handle, rate it No 1 of my SE Razors.

View attachment 94011

Happy birthday @Jester have a great day

View attachment 94011

Happy 50th.

View attachment 94011

Have a great day

View attachment 94011

Have a great day, happy birthday.

Back
Top Bottom