SOTD: Saturday 24 - 30 September 2022.

SOTD: 25th September 2022.

6.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Mandarin & Lemongrass Shower Gel.
Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 49.
Face Lather.
Lather: Palmolive Classic shave Sticks. (Grated)
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum 'Snapped in 1/2'. (D2)
Razor: Yaqi Katana.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / P&G Old Spice Whitewater ASL. / Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Another comfortable performance from the very efficient Yaqi Katana.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick- ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off a with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
25/09/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - Signature Soap Wicstun
Razor - Schick Hydro-magic 500
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Signature Soap Wicstun
Wk 39 (2).JPG
I am going to run with the Wicstun for the week, a nicely scented face lather today made up my mind to see SEptember out with it.
3 Passes this morning for a very relaxing BBS finish. The Personna blade has smoothed out and feels fine after the initial harshness.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Sun SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Irish Coffee
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express 2 Band Badger
Razor Wade & Butcher 13/16 Wedge
Aftershave Clubman Whiskey Woods
Finally, back home shave. I had a slow, relaxing & enjoyable time lathering with the excellent brush and soap. Smelling remarkable and further enhanced by the AS! The razor for the job was good but the edge may need to be refreshed. 3passes for a ccs-sas finish...
20220925_143222.jpg

SOTD: 25/09/2022

Razor: Occams Enoch
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink SE, 5th use
Brush: Kent H8 Best Badger
Bowl: Face Lather
Preshave: PAA Cube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix And Beau Night Witch Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of An Easy Sunday Classical Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Er, You Are Not Going To Wear That Out In Public Are You?

You know the drill. Day five of the grand SE shootout.

Today's shenanigans are brought to you by Occams Enoch. This is a good looking razor and I love the handle. However you need a degree in astrophysics and the dexterity of a jet fighter pilot to load a blade into the blooming thing. I got there in the end when I realised you don't break it into 3 parts, you just loosen it all up.

The shave itself wasn't the best. I didn't like the head geometry and I found the shaving angle very unintuitive. I even stopped after the first pass and changed razors to see if it was a worn out blade. This is now a double shootout as I killed two birds with one stone and picked up the Hawk v2. Extremely light razor and definitely good enough but the other razors are simply better.

Scores in the doors so far are:

1. Hawk v3
2. Yaqi Excalibur
3. Claymore Evo
4. Enoch
5. Hawk v2
6. Colonial General

So what does week one of the shootout teach us. I prefer stainless steel to aluminium. On the whole I lean towards heavier razors. I love Mitchell's Wool Fat but I eye my other soaps with envy, I'm a soap tart and easy with my affections.

Different format for next week as I try different blades in the same razors. I want to spin through the blade selection with the Claymore and the Enoch as they are loaners and I need to reunite them with their very kind owner. The rest of the comparisons can be done in slow time.

56A6A49E-6833-4738-A528-A7345CCF9591.jpeg

SWdimJ1.png

Sunday 09.25.22
RAZOR: Alpha Claymore Evolution
BLADE: Schick Proline
BRUSH: Elite Razor Fire & Ice 24mm Manchurian White
LATHER: ‌Ethos Mélange d’agrumes Shave Soap

A5341F05-2DE0-4838-B3F5-350ABEDE296C.jpeg
SOTD: 25/09/2022

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 1st use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Kaizen Puck
Aftershave: Channel Allure EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Oh my ever faithful Gillette Tech,
Always heavenly to my neck,
Smooth and easy at every check,
Took me far too long to get one flipping heck!

Enough of the silly rhymes from me but it’s true, smooth sailing every time. Thought I’d try my new Yaqi stainless steel handle on it, which was an impulse buy, I thought it might make it too base heavy but as usual the Tech head was perfect.

The A&E Kaizen didn’t do anything for me from the puck, but lathered up seemed to transform it and I enjoyed it much more. It’s not an automatic buy for me but I’ll enjoy the sample.

Enjoy the weekend guys!

308621526_631889955101877_3295098754731909004_n.jpg

Prep:
Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: B&M Reserve Cool
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: 1958 Gillette TV Special Super Speed
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)

As predicted, the GSB gave a much better finish than yesterday's Dorco Titan through the TV Special. Enveloped in a lovely bosky, smoky, aniseedy cloud from the soap and ASL. Enjoy the remainder of the weekend, gents.

Sunday 25th September

Simpson M7 Synthetic - Florena - Schick Eversharp I2/Proline B #7 - Pitralon AS

I always have to dip Simpson Premium Fibre in warm water before use. I am a cold water shaver and just couldn't use this type of knot without some warmth to relax the fibre.

3 passes for a 'Face Feeler' :)

How was it for you?
A girl never forgets her first time B. I think I went into the experience with open eyes, expecting an old-school tallow hard soap that must work as they have been making the stuff unchanged for decades. It doesn't cost much and the ingredients list looks like a chemistry set - this is pretty much the least organic soap you could imagine, guaranteed to have no essential oils at all - but the first listed constituent is saponified tallow, so I expected that my skin would do well with it. Applied crayon-style the lather sprang into life stupidly easily. I know from experience that you need to add more water than you think using soap this way - and it was the case here. I got to a nice lather but decided to push it a bit further with the moisture and the result was a superbly shiny, wett-ish but stable lather with excellent slickness. A really comfortable 3 pass shave ensued. It surpassed my expectations easily. An excellent post-feel for a stick - they can be a bit drying but that wasn't the case here. Very good - I will use this again without doubt. A simple rinse and some Myrsol paired very nicely. Job done. Oh - the smell? I rather enjoyed it. :) - I.

A girl never forgets her first time B. I think I went into the experience with open eyes, expecting an old-school tallow hard soap that must work as they have been making the stuff unchanged for decades. It doesn't cost much and the ingredients list looks like a chemistry set - this is pretty much the least organic soap you could imagine, guaranteed to have no essential oils at all - but the first listed constituent is saponified tallow, so I expected that my skin would do well with it. Applied crayon-style the lather sprang into life stupidly easily. I know from experience that you need to add more water than you think using soap this way - and it was the case here. I got to a nice lather but decided to push it a bit further with the moisture and the result was a superbly shiny, wett-ish but stable lather with excellent slickness. A really comfortable 3 pass shave ensued. It surpassed my expectations easily. An excellent post-feel for a stick - they can be a bit drying but that wasn't the case here. Very good - I will use this again without doubt. A simple rinse and some Myrsol paired very nicely. Job done. Oh - the smell? I rather enjoyed it. :) - I.
Now....that is a pretty good review and you are no longer an Arko Virgin!

Sunday SEptember 25, 2022
Razor: Weck Med Prep
Blade: Personna Hair Shaper
Brush: Knothead Brushworks Dragonsbeard/Badger
Soap: Ethos Dragonsbeard
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Ethos Dragonsbeard SFS
Fragrance: Ethos Dragonsbeard EDP
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,419

Back
Top Bottom