SOTD : Saturday 23th May - Friday 29th May 2020

Birthday/ Anniversary shave...... 43 years married to my lovely wife and it was on my birthday, so double celebration, well as much as we can in the circumstances.

Todays shave.
Prep.............. hot shower
Pre.................Proraso white
Brush.............Simpson chubby2 synthetic
Soap..............Palmolive
Razor.............Karve brass (D) recent acquisition from malc6552
Blade ............Nacet (1)
Post...............Hot and cold rinse, alum block
ASB ................Nivea ..2 phase
ASL.................DiorSauvage

Looking forward to the rest of the day, a skype call with my son who lives in the Cayman Islands is on the cards :)

Wishing you all well, stay safe
Happy birthday and anniversary Alfie!

28/05/20
Pre: Face Wash
Brush: DS Cosmetics synth
Soap: D. R. Harris Arlington
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather PB (2)
Post shave: Cold water splash, Orange & Neroli infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
View attachment 55026
A nice face lather today with the DS, I am not sure what model it is? (@Boycie83 ?)
I have been taking particular notice this week of the areas that require buffing after the initial 2 passes and today, in these areas, i slowed my pace and shortened the shave stroke, mainly on the devils whirlpools, my chin and top lip.
Result BBS in 2 passes. Mind you, this is with the Vector with a 1 shave blade in it.
I will see how this goes over the next week.
Feeling and smelling gooood!
Happy Birthday and Anniversary @alfie5542 .
Stay Safe and Enjoy your day All
Glad you like it Tony. I think it is called the (imaginatively named) dscosmetics 26mm soft synthetic amber resin.

Birthday/ Anniversary shave...... 43 years married to my lovely wife and it was on my birthday, so double celebration, well as much as we can in the circumstances.

Todays shave.

Looking forward to the rest of the day, a skype call with my son who lives in the Cayman Islands is on the cards :)

Happy Birthday and Anniversary

Todays shave.

Happy birthday and anniversary (y)(y)(y)

There's a good way to make sure you don't forget the date. Happy Birthday and congratulations on your many years together.

Razor - Murker 34G
Blade - Wilkinson (1)
Post - Alum followed by moisturiser

After a few days with a less than enjoyable shave using a gillette tech, I thought it best to use my can't fail combination. Apart from a few usual areas a BBS with three passes plus touch ups.

IMG_7668.jpg

Todays shave.

Congratulations to you both !

Morning all, just a stellar shave this morning. I haveused all these products before and this combo is just great.

Lovely Super Adjustable loaded up a fresh GSB and dialled in on 4 is just about perfect. Smooth and mild but getting the job done.

Lovely three pass shave. Smooth as can be. The Super Adjustable is about as good as it can get for me. Don't get me wrong I love my Fatboys and Slims but I really enjoy the shaves from the Super. I have a NOS 69 Gold Super 109 still in the package that I stare at lovingly. Stay safe and enjoy your shaves!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable 84 - 1969 O1
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo - Sagrada Familia
Lather: Stirling Satsuma
Aftershave: Stirling Satsuma
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Acqua di Parma Colonia
30674A5C-90D7-40B3-94D3-5532C085189B.jpeg

Morning all, just a stellar shave this morning. I haveused all these products before and this combo is just great.

Lovely Super Adjustable loaded up a fresh GSB and dialled in on 4 is just about perfect. Smooth and mild but getting the job done.

Lovely three pass shave. Smooth as can be. The Super Adjustable is about as good as it can get for me. Don't get me wrong I love my Fatboys and Slims but I really enjoy the shaves from the Super. I have a NOS 69 Gold Super 109 still in the package that I stare at lovingly. Stay safe and enjoy your shaves!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable 84 - 1969 O1
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo - Sagrada Familia
Lather: Stirling Satsuma
Aftershave: Stirling Satsuma
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Acqua di Parma Colonia
View attachment 55039
You should share your vintage razors with us here:

It would be good to see them.

Sotd-28-05-20.jpg

Sotd - it is Thursday the 28th of May - apparently - the Mac says so - and it is never wrong.

Prep - facial scrub
razor - Gillette Slim (3)
blade - Nacet (Stevo - the crocodile hunter - 'danger! - run - Terri - run!' - 4)
brush - Vie-Long - caballo rubio
soap - Wickham - Imperial Trevor - tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Old Spice
balm - La Toja
scent - Gotas Frescas Hombre.

Result? - Grand - a top end shave - picked me up a treat. The scent of both the soap and the aftershave are strong memory triggers for me - they transport me back to my childhood. Hadn't used a horse brush for a while - if you haven't tried one - unless you avoid all animal products - give it a go - if you fancy something different from the usual. Very good - in my opinion - particularly for face lathering. The major downside is that they smell really, really bad when they are new - and take an age to break in - not quite in boar territory - but not far off. Worth it though - for me. Have a good day all - I wish you good shaves - I.

Todays shave.

Happy Birthday and Anniversary :)

Todays shave.

Happy birthday and anniversary :)

Happy birthday and anniversary, a double whammy :) Enjoy your day/evening!

Thursday AM 2020-05-28
National Hamburger Day
izVoVOB.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Porcelain-Jade Finest (26/54)
Floris Verbena shaving soap (tallow)
Wolfman WR1-SB Ti/WRH7 Ti
Wilkinson Chromium 'Light Brigade' (10)
Dopo Barba di Camaldoli

My string of great shaves continues. I have concluded that it probably is due to the blade, the one unchanging factor. Light Brigades always are excellent, but now and then one comes along that is metallic perfection. This was my first use of the aftershave from the Camaldolesi monks in Tuscany, and it was really good: hints of melon and herbs, very fresh and summery.
Bs3GJJu.jpg

Back
Top Bottom