SOTD Saturday 23rd Sept-Friday 29th Sept 2017

mGDulI2P_o.jpeg

Razorock 'Hulk' 34mm Synthetic
Parker 65R
Ladas (3)
Extro Pirata Shaving Cream
Thayers Rose, Nivea Men Cream & Extro Pirata

My third Extro and I must say this without doubt my favourite, what a scent on it. I'm not good at picking out the components but together they are fantastic. a very pleasant, and somewhat familiar fragrance, matched by the splash. It reminds me of La Toja, as I write this it has come to me. A more developed La Toja. A nice tickle of menthol with the splash, didn't realise it contained it which was a pleasant surprise.

First use of my second Hulk, what a beast at 34mm! An absolute lather hog cleaned my bowl out but more than enough lather and easily given up. As recommended by @Palmolive fox I tried palm stropping my blade for the final use and smooth as butter. Best shave from the blade and certainly something I will be experimenting with this week.

After a week using the Parker what a great razor, I was quick to turn my nose up at them but happily to say I was wrong and it has given my consistently good, close trouble free shaves. I'd like to try their open comb model and their 92R, but not a Variant...

Have a nice weekend chaps, hope the weather is better where you are than it is here!
Thanks for the tag,glad to read the palm stropping was of some use to you.. Sometimes it's trial & error, but this one has been a benificial added bonus to your shave.Regards.

View attachment 29306 ~SOTD~ September 23rd Saturday

Prep....Shower ~ Donkey milk soap
Razor.....Bic Metal SE (one blade)
Soap.....Vitos cream Tallow
Brush....Semouge 1305
Scuttle....Giles Shaving Co
Post....ASB @neilbart lavender (c)
Scent...none.

A good shave, very good infact, if I had to sell all my razors this is the disposable I would buy.

Have a great weekend.
I'm a BiC fan as well. On vacation this year I used a BiC 5 with the roller ball. Honestly, some of the best shaves I had my entire life. No weepers, irritation or ingrown hairs. I was even able to shave with pretty bad sunburn on my face with the same results. Truly amazing.

I'm a BiC fan as well. On vacation this year I used a BiC 5 with the roller ball. Honestly, some of the best shaves I had my entire life. No weepers, irritation or ingrown hairs. I was even able to shave with pretty bad sunburn on my face with the same results. Truly amazing.
Give one of these one blade jobbys a go, it will blow you away! :)

Saturday afternoon shave

Face wash Dove soap
OSP Barber Shop
Razorock 400
Rockwell 6C plate 3
Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
Proraso Green ASL
Paul Smith EDT

My first use of an OSP soap, and what a pleasure it was.
It took no longer than 10 seconds to load the brush. It was almost as if the soap found it's own way into the knot.
I initially wasn't sure I liked the scent. It reminded me of Spitfire, which I am not a fan of, but it grew on me as I face lathered.
Lots of glossy lather was the result after a short time.
After one use I like this soap, but I didn't detect the sickness I'm used to with Wickham soaps.
The new Personna blade was keen enough to effortlessly slice through two days growth without hindrance.
The resulting finish is very smooth indeed.
Finished off with fresh EDT, and I smell pretty good too.

Saturday 23rd September

Olive Oil Soap
3P Preshave Cream
Arko Soap Stick
Zenith Boar Brush
GEM Micromatic Bullet Tip with a GEM SS Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
ASB by @neilbart
Selin Turkish Cologne
Golden Dust Oil

Todays Bullet tip is the first Gem I bought...and today is the first time it has been used. Clever camera angles did not reveal the full extent of the wear....and it looks rough. It is however....a great shaver.

Three passes for a great BBS shave:)

Saturday 23rd SEptember 2017

sotd 23 sept.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Charcoal Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: PAL Injectomatic
Blade: Schick - China (#5)
Brush: Maseto 30mm 2 band finest fan shape
Soap: Phoenix & Beau - Pall Mall (prototype sample)
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
AS: Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet lotion + EDT

A super shave before going out to see Joel Dommett tonight.

Last edited:
20170923_124210-jpg.18079

Prep: Hot shower and Loreal face scrub wash
Pre: Bloom water
Razor: Razorock Stainless steel Hawk (on loan)
Razor blade: Proline
Brush: Saponificio Varesino
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica

First outing of stainless steel Hawk very kindly on loan from @Acer89 Thank you James.
So what did I think? Well....I liked it. Smooth and efficient and not aggressive at all. I did need a few touch-ups on my neck but a good shave.
It's a big step up from the original aluminium hawk I've tried too.

I hadn't used the SV brush for a while. I like to savour the sensation this brush gives me. What can I say? This brush and the Tundra Artica were a spectacular combination.

Cheers
Rob

License To Shave

SOTD_20170923-1024x683.jpg

• Straight Razor: Schild - 15/16 O2 Micarta
  • Shaving Brush: Black Ship Grooming Co. - 28mm Whaler - Schooner Color (Silvertip Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Saponificio Varesino - Manna di Sicilia - Beta 4.3
  • After-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - Manna di Sicilia - Balm
  • Fragrance: Murray & Lanman - Florida Water

Give one of these one blade jobbys a go, it will blow you away! :)
Funny you should mention this Paul, whilst away, because of carry on restriction (understandable) in the states I wasn't able to use my goodies waiting for me at SIL,s so had to buy a disposable and cream. However didn't dare post my sotd as I thought I'd get flamed for even mentioning a disposable.
Ps, I had some great shaves with this setup, ahem, moving on swiftly. :DIMAG1090_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom