SOTD Saturday 23rd Sept-Friday 29th Sept 2017

b534493318244ba079795b7c06ebc6ef.jpg

Poslano sa mog EVA-L19 koristeći Tapatalk

Saturday;

IMG_5183.jpg

Variant #3 | Kai #1 |Wickham | Midas

First use of a Kai DE blade - a bit rough to start but about 20 seconds in it really smoothed out. I think I'll give palm stropping the next one a go - not for everyone but worth a pop!
Variant still exceeding expectations. Can't seem to put a foot wrong, especially when paired with Wickham Lemon Verbena! Simply the best combination. No irritation of any shape/way/form. Some of Neilbart's Lime (B) ASB and good to go!

Roll up, roll up!

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Semogue 2000 Boar
Soap: Le Pere Lucien Unscented
Razor: Valet AutoStrop VC1
Blade: De-spined Gem PTFE SS
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, @neilbart's Lavender PSB
IMG_20170923_105135.jpg

Waited for the Postie before having a shave. It was well worth the wait, best shave yet with a Valet. Very smooth, very efficient, smiles all round :D:D
Have a great weekend.

Last edited:
3b1f0eb7fb4b00d09012b7c4a9084a19.jpg

Catie's Bubbles Glacé Herbe
Bulldog AS Balm and Pre-Shave Oil
Vie Long Butterscotch Amphora Horse Hair Brush
Supply Provision Razor

Today's SOTD gave me the chance to try out some new products, namely Catie's Bubbles Glacé Herbe and Bulldog AS Balm and Pre-Shave oil.

The Glacé Herbe is a really interesting soap. It starts off with a Vetiver scent (which is not my favourite scent - thankfully there's no earthy undertones present in this soap). The soap transforms when lathered as the menthol really comes through and thoroughly changes the scent profile. It turns it from an average soap into a great one. It's definitely a keeper for sure. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mGDulI2P_o.jpeg

Razorock 'Hulk' 34mm Synthetic
Parker 65R
Ladas (3)
Extro Pirata Shaving Cream
Thayers Rose, Nivea Men Cream & Extro Pirata

My third Extro and I must say this without doubt my favourite, what a scent on it. I'm not good at picking out the components but together they are fantastic. a very pleasant, and somewhat familiar fragrance, matched by the splash. It reminds me of La Toja, as I write this it has come to me. A more developed La Toja. A nice tickle of menthol with the splash, didn't realise it contained it which was a pleasant surprise.

First use of my second Hulk, what a beast at 34mm! An absolute lather hog cleaned my bowl out but more than enough lather and easily given up. As recommended by @Palmolive fox I tried palm stropping my blade for the final use and smooth as butter. Best shave from the blade and certainly something I will be experimenting with this week.

After a week using the Parker what a great razor, I was quick to turn my nose up at them but happily to say I was wrong and it has given my consistently good, close trouble free shaves. I'd like to try their open comb model and their 92R, but not a Variant...

Have a nice weekend chaps, hope the weather is better where you are than it is here!

Saturday;

IMG_5183.jpg

Variant #3 | Kai #1 |Wickham | Midas

First use of a Kai DE blade - a bit rough to start but about 20 seconds in it really smoothed out. I think I'll give palm stropping the next one a go - not for everyone but worth a pop!
Variant still exceeding expectations. Can't seem to put a foot wrong, especially when paired with Wickham Lemon Verbena! Simply the best combination. No irritation of any shape/way/form. Some of Neilbart's Lime (B) ASB and good to go!

Roll up, roll up!

Is the Wickham Lemon Verbena a discontinued soap Ben?
I've not heard of it before ?
It sounds right up my street!

Saturday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash, followed by Proraso .
Razor - Supply-SE (V1.0) - Plate ** (comfort).
Blade - Schick Proline p-20 (Day 1).
Soap - D.R Harris Eucalyptus Shaving Cream.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons The Duke 2 Pure Badger.
Post shave - D R Harris Skin Tonic, followed by Ibiza-Aloe Aloe-Vera Gel and Floid Vigoroso Aftershave.

Fantastic shave today, first time shave with:

The Proline p-20;
Harris Euclyptus cream; and
Floid Vigoroso.

3 pass shave, BBS - no issues, very comfortable.

The Harris Euclyptus was divine, great protection, lubrication, feel and scent - it felt very comfortable and protective. The Proline p-20 felt and shaved great, a noticeably closer, smoother and more efficient shave with the Supply-SE compared with the Personna PTFE blade. To get a comparable shave with the Personna in the Supply, I would have had to have used Plate ***.

The Floid is amazing (as ever your YMMV) - I was in the Gentleman's Groom Room yesterday and decided to give this a try, as many posters here seem to swear by the Floid - I can see why.

I think I have found a set-up that I am going to use for the rest of SEptember, at least.

Many thanks to all who recommended the Proline with the Supply! Although its only day 1, it seems to be a great combination.

All the best,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom