SOTD Saturday 23rd Sept-Friday 29th Sept 2017

It's between Vie Long and Epsilon. This is the one I used today, a little bit on the small side but a great brush, decently priced too https://www.themodernman.co.uk/vie-long-long-handled-horse-hair-shaving-brush.html people turn their noses up at them, never had an issue myself. They do reek for the first few uses (about a dozen), prefer them to badger and boar in truth.

Yes @Digimonkey we were talking about them a few weeks back, discussing small brushes. You recommended a small Vie Long brush.

A Wee Scot made out of horse - what's not to like? As a long term Vie Long owner - I have had issues with tangled knots - A big hole appears in the middle of the knot. Generally not a problem at 10£ a brush. The Epsilon brush shows none of these problems. cheers - I.

Razor: Mongoose B2 w/ iKon Bamboo
Blade: Feather Professional (5)
Brush: El Druida Red Heart Chakte Kok/African Blackwood 2 Band Badger
Soap: Oleo Montrose Beach
A/S: Old Spice
Gift Set: Captain's Nautical Collection Aftershave & Cologne 1984 ID 3380
Boatswain Pipe 50 th Anniversary 1936-1986

This is a solid brass boatswain's pipe issued as a 50th commemoration of the Shulton Company. Stamped on the sides is "1936 OLD SPICE 1986."

26 09 17a.jpg

26 09 17.jpg

It's not my favourite, you know what is Wayne.;)
I might be selling a couple of brushes to fund a Morris & Forndran....but not the SV, sorry mate.

Are you going to ask Santa for a SV?
I have been shopping, cleaning, DIY, Cooking and insuring my loved ones car with the underlying knowledge that a SV will come my way through Father Christmas.

Hoping all goes well mate because I think you may have realised by now that I absolutely love them. :D

Our @Blackmass has an enviable quantity of amazing high end brushes but I am confident that if you keep asking nicely he would sell one to you.

Remember. (All good things come to those SV's who wait ;):) )
Haha I think I need to slow my role just for a little while...just got my SV, got a Morris n Forndran on order and a wolf whiskers due to be shipped soon

They say!
"Jealousy is a curse." @Olie29 but now I do not wish to speak to you any longer! ;):D

Show me pics when they arrive. At least I can the dream.
Enjoy! :)
Haha my wallet is starting to squeak buddy !! That's me done with brushes for a long while...wouldn't mind a shaveman 2 band knot for my spare rubberset 400 handle but Il have to keep wanting ! Just think when your opening your SV on xmas day il be paying off the car insurance lol

xtSbUAc.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Herder Solingen Stainless Steel Full Hollow 5/8th
Fitchard Pure Badger
Haslinger Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I had a Lovely Shave Today with My Stainless Herder Solingen 5/8th..Lovely Keen & Comfortable Edge on this SR ..I just Love these Vintage Stainless Steel SRs..Sharp & Ever So Smooth on Das Coupon..Wunderbar..:eek:

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D:D

Billy

Date: 27 September 2017

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Yaqi Tuxedo Synth. 26/62mm knot
Lather: - Wholly Kaw - King of Oud (tallow) Donkey Milk 3x
Razor: - Muhle R41 v2013 with the iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Gillette Nacet #3
Post: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Bulldog Sensitive Moisturiser
Fragrance: - L'eau D'issey Pour Homme EDT

IMG_0180.JPG
Wednesday morning...

Soap - Tabac Original
Brush - RazoRock BC Silvertip
Face lather
Razor - Ever Ready 1924 (U.S.A)
Blade - Gem SS PTFE #7/8?
Post - BBA post shave balm

Slightly harder work today, so clearly the blade is on its way out (to be honest, I'm not the most disciplined when it comes to counting Gem blade usage; as one blade gets shared among the 1912s, the 1924s, the Clog-Pruf and Flat Head Top). I reckon this is the 7th or 8th outing.

Anyhoo, still a nice finish and any slight irritation is soothed away by the PSB.

And the Tabac? Well, regular readers of my blurbs will know my thoughts on this proverbial king of the mass produced numbers. Great smell and performance.

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Omega 11137 Boar
Soap: Wickham's Irish Fern
Razor: ER 1912
Blade: Gem Blue Star
IMG_20170926_212920.jpg

Blue in a bottle,
And lather that slickens,
A boar bristle brush and a shave soap from Wickham's,
A smooth shaving razor and the smile that it brings,
These are a few of my favourite things.

Back