SOTD : Saturday 23rd December - Friday 29th December 2017.

Sotd - last night - 22/12/17

Razor - Cobra Classic
blade - Schick Proline (2)
brush - Semogue 2000 boar
soap - SV Tundra Artica
post - witch hazel
a/s - Floid Vigoroso LE
balm - Aloe vera gel
scent - Creed Bois de Portugal.

Result - great.

A quick shave to tidy up before going to a mate's birthday party. Shaving with the Cobra before going out? An act indicating supreme confidence or idiocy - delete as you feel appropriate. The Proline works really well for me - just as effective as the Feathers but much easier on my skin and I'm not it mortal fear with every stroke. I can actually fully enjoy the experience. I will be getting some. The quality of the shave helped no end by the SV soap - it's so good that I suspect you could use a broken bottle and you'd be fine. I've been reading with growing dismay the chat last week about a potential new batch of Cobras being produced. The whole thing does not inspire confidence - doubly so given the projected price of them these days. What's with the manufacturer? To even refuse to acknowledge its got anything to do with you when the name is stamped on the bottom of the handle? What's that about? You'd think that if you made one of the most sought after razors in the world you'd get your act together. Obviously you aren't going to flood the market with them but a couple of small regular production runs a year? They obviously make enough money doing other things. Anyway - off to the party looking and smelling nice. What do you get the lifelong Star Wars fan who is also a whisky connoisseur? A decanter in the shape of Darth Vader's head. That's what. Touch of class. Enjoy you shaves gentlemen - yours - I.
Great set up and an awesome report as usual.
Enjoy your evening mate. :)

SOTD: 231217
SOTD 231217 2.jpg

Prep: Cold water and Bulldog face wash
Razor: Henkel Friodur 72.5 (On Loan)
Brush: Sterling Boar
Soap: The Fat
EDT: L'Occitane Cade

Cold water throughout my shave was really enjoyable after the initial shock.
Due to mobility problems I have been shaving in the kitchen sat on a stool.

My first pass went superbly then SWMBO walked in and asked me a question while I was on my second pass and the Friodur bit me on the chin. I have a very nice chunk removed as a result. :rolleyes:
I have come to the conclusion I will never straight shave again until I am back in my den where there is peace and quiet.;)

Left the shave as it is. Tomorrow is another day.

Mitchells Wool Fat gave me plenty of slickness with loads of cushion whipped up by my second use of the Stirling Boar.
I have high hopes for this boar. The handle and weight is superb. I am not sure how long this will take to break in so I want to give it plenty of attention.

Finished with the alum.

Enjoy your shaves! :)

View attachment 31958

My first pass went superbly then SWMBO walked in and asked me a question while I was on my second pass and the Friodur bit me on the chin. I have a very nice chunk removed as a result. :rolleyes:
I have come to the conclusion I will never straight shave again until I am back in my den where there is peace and quiet.;)

Mitchells Wool Fat gave me plenty of slickness with loads of cushion whipped up by my second use of the Stirling Boar.
I have high hopes for this boar. The handle and weight is superb. I am not sure how long this will take to break in so I want to give it plenty of attention.

Finished with the alum.

Great set up Wayne, when will they learn to never disturb you while you are shaving! :) P.

seZBBXcK_o.jpg

Omega 10015
iKon SBS on Windrose Behemoth
Kai (3)
Phoenix and Beau Borealis
Alum Block, BBA Post Shave Balm & Davidoff Cool Water

A decent shave today, these Kai blades are wickedly sharp on par with Feathers in my opinion. A small weeper or two on my tache but otherwise trouble free. The Borealis has really grown on me, enjoying the scent and I forgot what a neat little brush the 10015 is, made no effort to whip up a creamy lather. A nice relaxing shave after braving Tesco at 7.30am! Same again tomorrow for anything that's missing and to pick the turkey up from the butcher! Dreading it!!!

Quite a lot of SOTDs actually....Finishing with Saturday 23rd December

I went over to N Ireland last Monday to visit friends and Family so for 3 days used the basics I keep at my mother's to allow hand luggage flights.

Coal Tar Soap
King of Shaves Oil
Arko Soap Stick
No Name Chinese Synthetic Brush
Feather Portable Razor with a Shark Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Boots Freshwood ASB
Javanol EDP (Molecule 04}

Three passes gave really smooth and enjoyable shaves.:)

Friday 22nd December

Back home to Wales and an incredibly important day demanded a very special shave.

Birch Tar Soap
Vitos Preshave Cream
Meissner Strong 'n Scottish Soap
Rod Neep Silvertip Brush
Blackland Sabre with a GEM SS Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
BBA PS Balm
D&G The One EDT

Three passes for a wonderful BBS Shave. Out for the evening culminating in the announcement of my engagement to my 'nearest and dearest'. Chrissie and I met 10 years ago.......so it really was time to do something about it:D

Saturday 23rd December

Olive Oil Soap
Vitos Preshave Cream
P&B Imperial Rum Soap
Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo Brush
Union Cutlery Expert Barber 400 4/8 Razor
Alum Block and Rinse
BBA PS Balm
Brian's Homemade Bay Rum

The razor was a Whipped Dog 'Sold unseen' which I bought a few years back. A little rough around the edges......but a great shaver.
Three passes for a really comfortable smooth and close shave:)

23/12/17

Brush - Yaqi Fan Tuxedo 26mm
Soap - Vitos Coco
Razor - Gillette Tech
Blade - Supermax Blue Diamond Platinum (1)
Post - Superdrug Forest Fresh

First time using a SMX BDP so I paired it with my Gillette Tech, which possibly wasn't the best choice for the blade as it's a very smooth blade but not the sharpest. A very comfortable, irritation free shave but not the closest - I'll try the blade in a more aggressive razor for the next shave.

View attachment 31958

Finished with the alum.

Love the moody shot Wayne.
Sorry about your shaving experience mate your not having much luck
lately my friend.

Back
Top Bottom