SOTD : Saturday 23rd December - Friday 29th December 2017.

SOTD_20171223-1024x683.jpg

• Straight Razor: Wade and Butcher - 13/16
  • Shaving Brush: Semogue - OC Tricolore - Blonde Boar (Special) (Boar)
  • Shaving Soap: Crabtree & Evelyn - Moroccan Myrrh
  • Fragrance: Proraso - Wood And Spice - Cologne

La Toja stick
RazoRock 400
Merkur 37
Treet Carbon (1)
Lime witch hazel mixture
Proraso Green ASL
Mr Perfume Sublime Vanilla

A quick two pass shave this morning to smarten up for visiting family in Essex and West London.

The Merkur slant was ultra smooth paired with the Treet Carbon blade
La Toja provided ample protection, sickness and cushion

Enjoy your weekend everyone

Last edited:
Sat 23rd December

Vulfix 404 mixed
Vitos Super Red
ATT SE G1, v2.
Gem S/S [ 3 ] + Shim
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Tuff Red A/S Lotion.

After Two not so good Shaves with the ATT SE G1, obviously too mild for my tough stubble, I had a chat with Stan at ATT. He was sympathetic to my situation, and verified my Razor as V2,and said there were no plans for further changes. He did suggest that a shim under the blade would alter the aggression.

Maybe not the ideal but worth a try. As I had a sleepless night I messed about with shim ideas,a !/2 spine shim and Injector blade, both required some metal removal. As a quick fix, I created a plastic shim[in photo] from the box containing 100 Personna/Gem blades:) , fitting that it worked.

With the Razor Shimmed and a dependable Lather from the Vitos, I started to shave with a bit of apprehension. I need not have worried as the Razor was as smooth as before, but had some bite and was efficient too. Am pleased to say without too much fuss or any mishap, the resultant Shave was smooth and stubble free in all areas, even the finish around the neck was pretty good.

Rather a Shame that to get this Razor to work for me, a shim is needed but I have had trouble with the Sabre V1 and Supply SE too. I know I have a peculiar type of growth, having had troubles in my Service days,when as a recruit I was made to have extra Shaves after morning parade. Always shaved twice a day in the early years of service, until I climbed the Ranks so that no one bothered me. Just pleased to be able to use the nicely engineered piece of kit, just a Shame it cannot do what a lot of Vintage SE Razors can do without assistance.

IMG_0473.jpg

Saturday 23rd December
Zenith 507 TS
Lea Stick (tallow version)
Ever Ready 1912 (US)
GEM SSC #5
Selin Lemon Cologne
Lisseáu Coconut body butter
EZ6WtUa.jpg

The new tallow free formula stick has a lot to live up to. Especially after getting the super performance I got today. I've read the new formula isn't as good. I wish I'd stocked up.

See you all on my Christmas Day shave.

Razor: Gillette Fatboy G 3 1961
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Brush: Fendrihen Horn Faux Ebony Silvertip
Soap: Jeeves Soaps Key Lime
A/S: Old Spice Fresh Lime
Bowl: Timeless

Mail man stopped by yesterday and dropped off a wonderful Christmas gift from Adam @Drygulch. Thanks so much Adam. :happy088:

23 12 17a.jpg

So I put it in a container and went at it. The soap (Key Lime) whipped up very easily into a great lather with an excellent lime scent. Another great soap from Jeeves Soap. Thanks again Adam.

23 12 17.jpg

Razor: Gillette Fatboy G 3 1961
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Brush: Fendrihen Horn Faux Ebony Silvertip
Soap: Jeeves Soaps Key Lime
A/S: Old Spice Fresh Lime
Bowl: Timeless

Mail man stopped by yesterday and dropped off a wonderful Christmas gift from Adam @Drygulch. Thanks so much Adam. :happy088:

View attachment 31952

So I put it in a container and went at it. The soap (Key Lime) whipped up very easily into a great lather with an excellent lime scent. Another great soap from Jeeves Soap. Thanks again Adam.

View attachment 31953
A very festive shot, happy holiday's :) P.

20171223_095604-jpg.22396

Prep: Hot shower and L'Oreal Charcoal face wash
Pre: Bloom water
Razor: GEM G-BAR
Razor blade: Personna (3)
Brush: Saponificio Varesino
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Mirto di Sardegne
Post: Hot and cold water rinse, Thayers witch hazel and Fine Platinum aftershave

First use of the new Saponificio Varesino soap. The scent is pleasant but doesn't blow me away. The scent doesn't seem to change once lathered either....I won't be selling though. Sorry @Wayne Pritchard :p:
The performance is top draw as per usual. I'm yet to try a soap which out performs SV. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.

I don't like to mention it much (;)) but the brush really is a joy to use. I don't own another brush which comes close. Sublime.:D

The blade felt a bit tuggy on the first pass so I thought I'd flip the blade over and normal service was resumed. A nice comfortable shave with great results.

Before I leave you with another installment of my top ten tracks of 2017.
I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and happy holidays. I hope you have a peaceful break where ever you are in the world.

Cheers
Rob

Sotd - last night - 22/12/17

Razor - Cobra Classic
blade - Schick Proline (2)
brush - Semogue 2000 boar
soap - SV Tundra Artica
post - witch hazel
a/s - Floid Vigoroso LE
balm - Aloe vera gel
scent - Creed Bois de Portugal.

Result - great.

A quick shave to tidy up before going to a mate's birthday party. Shaving with the Cobra before going out? An act indicating supreme confidence or idiocy - delete as you feel appropriate. The Proline works really well for me - just as effective as the Feathers but much easier on my skin and I'm not it mortal fear with every stroke. I can actually fully enjoy the experience. I will be getting some. The quality of the shave helped no end by the SV soap - it's so good that I suspect you could use a broken bottle and you'd be fine. I've been reading with growing dismay the chat last week about a potential new batch of Cobras being produced. The whole thing does not inspire confidence - doubly so given the projected price of them these days. What's with the manufacturer? To even refuse to acknowledge its got anything to do with you when the name is stamped on the bottom of the handle? What's that about? You'd think that if you made one of the most sought after razors in the world you'd get your act together. Obviously you aren't going to flood the market with them but a couple of small regular production runs a year? They obviously make enough money doing other things. Anyway - off to the party looking and smelling nice. What do you get the lifelong Star Wars fan who is also a whisky connoisseur? A decanter in the shape of Darth Vader's head. That's what. Touch of class. Enjoy you shaves gentlemen - yours - I.

Back
Top Bottom