SOTD Saturday 23rd April - Friday 29th April

It's a great razor overall (tiny blade alignment issue but it really isn't hard to spend a second aligning it when you load the blade), and the handle is worth the price on its own :)
I agree, it was one of my first newer DE's when i began. 1 sec for blade alignment and you're good to go for a fine smooth shave. The weighty handle adds some welcomed aggression (efficiency) to some of the spare heads i have as well. :)

1b5fca6fd6cdcb15c406933af2ad3ba7.jpg

SotD
Shower
Proraso pre shave with green tea & oat
Proraso shaving cream with eucalyptus oil and menthol
Ladas super stainless blade (1) (free gift in with 100 Voskhods from Oktane the eBay guy)
Omega boar brush
Merkur 38C razor
E45 & co MAN to finish.
Have you ever used a blade for the 1st time and thought 'what a shit blade', then after the last pass be presented with a BBS? [emoji651][emoji818]

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

barbershop style burl handle/silvertip
'Statan'/Gillette Super Stainless NOS 1991
The Soap Opera Himalaya SS
no AS needed
Givenchy 'Xeryus' EdT (vintage black bottle)

Last couple shaves have just been ok. First day I figured the lather was probably off and yesterday I noticed the experience wasn't great but continued anyway. Hah, I was unwilling to chalk it up to a bad vintage Schick fresh blade.....favorite of mine. Sure as hell though, this morning after a few mediocre strokes I switched that blade out and jeeez, what a difference. The Gillette blade made shaving more fun inna hurry.

The brush does a great job on this very soft soap. Good size knot with some flex to it, but not floppy at all. Easy to load up to 5 passes worth if I wanted that.

BBS results,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom