SOTD: Saturday 22th -Friday 28st June 2019.

26/06/19
Pre: 1912 Irish Fern
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Soap: 1912 Irish Fern
Razor: GEM MicroMatic OC
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE S/S (9)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Floïd AS Balm
A/S: Floïd Mentolado VIgaroso

MMOC IFern Rain.JPG

Wonderful Wednesday
A wonderful 2 pass shave with the MMOC today, the 1912 soap and Yaqi whipping up a storm in the bowl.
A pleasing and very comfortable 1st pass using a WTG/XTG mix, the 2nd pass was basically a buffing pass leaving me smiling with a BBS chin and face.
The post shave routine is very much part of my daily shave and today was no exceptions, although i have to give my other balms etc. an outing as at present the Barts Balm is just too easy and nice to use. I forgot how much i like the Floïd and how well it works for me.
I have a smooth and " Vigorously Mentholated" face and i am chilling in the glow.
Have a great "hump" day All

Last edited:
Today I decided to give my shave the theme 'Shaving and decorating'

Wallpaper scraper - RazoRock Game Changer 84
Wall covering trimmer - Polsilver Lodz
Papering brush - RazoRock 400
Wallpaper paste - OSP Chypre
Finishing wax - M&S All-in-one moisturiser
Paint remover - The Bath House Spanish fig and nutmeg EDC

5Ltr tin of Raspberry Bellini emulsion by Dulux trade

The tin of paint has nothing at all to do with my shave but I was so ecstatic when I managed to get a tin of this particular shade it just had to be the star participant in my photo. I am quite decorating obsessed and what started off as a 5 year programme for the house developed in to a 'whenever possible' event. Whenever being 'on a continual basis'. @Rob998 thinks I am a little bonkers with my interior painting fetish, while my missus just knows I am plain bonkers, but very au fait with the fetish aspect. Provided it relates to decorating and doesn't include aqua lungs and flippers.

Anyhow I seem to be a little more successful than these two very lovable chaps

Today was a return to the Game Changer 84 and other than possibly being used to strip paper off the walls it just happens to be a super little razor more than capable of stripping fur from face, And it certainly did a very good job. As I wrote elsewhere aggressive razors are great, but after a few days of use and my skin needs some of that tender lurve stuff. To this effect the GC gave one smooth and tender lurving shave and some of that smiley happy people type of thing. One cracking razor.

The OSP worked as OSP always does and unfortunately once depleted 'Once did' (curse you James @OSP ). The brush is a brush as I always bore you shitless in saying.

So a mighty fine shave and super duper smooth. A spray of Spanish Figs and nutmeg and ready to face the day smelling divine and looking like a bag of sprouts as I am one ugly sod. Off to see my favourite hairdresser as she not only smells divine and looks divine, she is divine. My idea of a very attractive lady. I have my hair cut quite often and probably as frequent as I slap paint on walls.

Be well all you people out there and shave 'em dry as this lady sang.

I was rather stunned when I came across this one.

View attachment 45108

The tin of paint has nothing at all to do with my shave but I was so ecstatic when I managed to get a tin of this particular shade it just had to be the star participant in my photo. I am quite decorating obsessed and what started off as a 5 year programme for the house developed in to a 'whenever possible' event. Whenever being 'on a continual basis'. @Rob998 thinks I am a little bonkers with my interior painting fetish, while my missus just knows I am plain bonkers, but very au fait with the fetish aspect. Provided it relates to decorating and doesn't include aqua lungs and flippers.

Today was a return to the Game Changer 84 and other than possibly being used to strip paper off the walls it just happens to be a super little razor more than capable of stripping fur from face, And it certainly did a very good job. As I wrote elsewhere aggressive razors are great, but after a few days of use and my skin needs some of that tender lurve stuff. To this effect the GC gave one smooth and tender lurving shave and some of that smiley happy people type of thing. One cracking razor.

The OSP worked as OSP always does and unfortunately once depleted 'Once did' (curse you James @OSP ). The brush is a brush as I always bore you shitless in saying.

So a mighty fine shave and super duper smooth. A spray of Spanish Figs and nutmeg and ready to face the day smelling divine and looking like a bag of sprouts as I am one ugly sod. Off to see my favourite hairdresser as she not only smells divine and looks divine, she is divine. My idea of a very attractive lady. I have my hair cut quite often and probably as frequent as I slap paint on walls.

I was a little stunned too! XXX rated!

Feather 2nd use , still very efficient also with mild razors. have lots of fun [emoji16]
2cd4e0653b2e502bea912389762fe700.jpg

Wednesday 26th June

Soap - Vitos Red Coco
Brush - Omega 11819
Razor - Wilkinsons Classic
Blade - Gillette 7OC Black (11)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Akcay Tobacco

First shave with my 11819 when it didn't lose a bristle, I was quite amazed and was a delight to use for today's shave. I'm definitely thinking I was far too quick to judge the brush for not being the best performer, I think it can be easy to expect perfect performance straight away especially when I have a number of brushes, where it's easier to reach for another option opposed to sticking with something when the initial performance isn't as good as what some of the other options could provide. If ever patience is a virtue.
I'm liking the 7 Black more and more with each shave. Once it settles down a bit (far too sharp to begin with) it's not a million miles from Nacet. For the non PPI blades I've tried, I'd say it's the best of the ones I've tried.

View attachment 45108

Paint is ok.....Perhaps not Polyfilla!

Wednesday AM 2019-06-26

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney 1/2 Ebony Finest (24/57)
Harrods by Floris shaving soap (tallow)
Timeless Polished Titanium
Gillette 'Swede' (12)
Floris Bay Rum aftershave (vintage)

The new razor gave me a fairly easy BBS shave. On first use with a blade in its sweet spot, the Timeless is about equal in smoothness to the Raw RS-10, not quite as smooth or efficient as the Paradigm II or Wolfman razors, but I'll have to get used to its different attack angle and pressure requirements.
Gt14XVO.jpg

[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine..
:cool:

Hot Water prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Puma 89 Solingen Full Hollow 6/8th
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Lovely Shave Tonight with My Puma Solingen 6/8th...She Sports an Escher Thuri 17 K Edge..Built Like a Tank these Razors with the Manufacturing Intention to Last a Long Time..
:D

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..
:wacky:

Billy

26/06/19

Razor: Oneblade Core
Blade: FHS-10 (2)
Brush: Proraso Pro Omega
Soap: Goodfellas Smile Amber Fougere
Pre: Pears & Clubman Pinaud Oil
ASL: Superdrug Sierra Breeze
ASB: Proraso Blue

Following some good guidance from a noble skipper on this forum, tonight's Oneblade shave consisted of 3 passes and a plan to slow things down to focus a little more on technique. I've also wheeled out the excellent Proraso boar brush to take on the croap as my synth struggled with it. This brush was my first proper shaving brush and I still find it excellent.

Some kind of muscle memory kicked in during the first pass and I noticed 3/4 of the way through I was going ATG, just like when I used to cart shave. Well, that's the plan out the window. I subsequently completed a WTG pass and another ATG pass followed by some buffing.

I've got a DFS from this shave, having purposely chased one, but Christ did I know about it when I put the aftershave on!! My skin seems to be ok now though (touch wood).

Whilst I love the smell of the Amber Fougere, it's just not performing for me. I seem to get a very average lather from it. I can't see this one being a regular in my rotation.
37720de6ed3052e3fa650c7efcc9c73a.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

IMG_20190626_211929_compress48.jpg
For a change i shaved on a late evening today.

Razor: Bokër open comb (a fatip with less
teeth which are also thicker) All brass nickel plated , Same head as the Schone razor
Blade: Bokër (new blade)
These blades i got with the bokër razor, i had 8 amazing shaves with the first blade in my Merkur 34c & within one shave i thought this blade is one of the best i tried, incredibly smooth & sharp and durable for my beard, they don't seem to be sold in bulk, a single tuck is expensive compared to what's readily available so probably won't get them again, the blades feel stiff & have no glue or any markings similar to an Kai blade, i have tried the timor, merkur & other solingen blades these are way better.
Brush: Vintage Gillette
Shaving cream: Maca Root & Aloe
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino Opuntia (sample)
/Astral cream

I had a great shave, the razor is smooth yet very efficient, by the second pass i touched up a little and was satisfied with the result, this bokër blade is special only if it was cheaper or sold in bulk, oh well i think i will be fine i have 100's of packs of good blades yet to use. The aftershave sample i used was lovely felt great on the face, i love the texture of Astral cream especially when applying after shaving it makes the skin feel guarded with some protection.

Hope the week is going well for everyone (y)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom