SOTD: Saturday 22th -Friday 28st June 2019.

If you can stick with it and get a full three passes the results can be quite astounding. It just makes you lazy which is the big minus
I trialled two passes thinking that would be the time limit in the morning but I'm surprised at how quickly this thing can be used so you're right. I'm going to go for three passes with it

It's mindless shaving as you described in your original SOTDs with it but that's exactly what I'm after for some mornings. My skin seems to have taken to it well with no tenderness - that could be due to the not-so-close finish though.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I trialled two passes thinking that would be the time limit in the morning but I'm surprised at how quickly this thing can be used so you're right. I'm going to go for three passes with it

It's mindless shaving as you described in your original SOTDs with it but that's exactly what I'm after for some mornings. My skin seems to have taken to it well with no tenderness - that could be due to the not-so-close finish though.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

That is a nice way to put it, mindless. If a quick getaway is on the books then this is the Usain Bolt of the razor world.

I just feel cheated when I use it.

25/06/19
Pre shave prep: 1912 Scottish Heather
Brush: Yaki Mysterious Space 24mm
Soap: 1912 Scottish Heather
Razor: Feather AC DX / Mongoose B3
Blade: Kai Protouch MG (2) / Captain (2)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel with added oils
Balm: Barts Grapefruit & Black Pepper Balm & Lotion
A/S: Old Spice Pure Sport

Feather, Myst,Scots.jpg

A nice shower to soften up 36hrs growth to give me a chance with the Feather AC DX, enough lather mixed up for a minimum 3 passes. Chin nicely covered, I planned again on a single pass, the first pass was easy enough even though I am still trying different razor hand & razor scales positions trying both 90* or straight - not sure yet, pulling the skin also had me in some peculiar positions, all that said, WTG pass was a success and a pretty good finish. (y)
I decided to go again with the Feather using a XTG pass, this went mostly OK, i say mostly as i made a couple of mistakes and caught myself :oops:, luckily the Protouch blade is very forgiving and i got away with it - Just. I have a small graze on my chin although it did not weep or bleed, if it had been a Feather in there god only knows how bad it would have been. Unperturbed i carried on and completed the second pass. Yeay! i have a passable finish woo hoo(y).
I had half a bowful of lather left and the Mongoose on the subs bench so i went for a buffing pass. I do like this Mongoose, a very comfortable shaver.
The post shave routing gave a few indications with the block, i guess i had more than a couple of lucky escapes, Barts Balm to the rescue again, when the Old Spice splash went on i did get a short sting.
Overall a good training exercise and i am enjoying the experience using the AC DX, i will continue using the Kai "training" blade until it runs out then move onto the "Pinks"
A very happy shaver, DFS smelling good and feeling quite chuffed.
Have a great night All. (y)

Last edited:
Sotd-25:6:19.jpg

Sotd - Tuesday the 25th of June -

Razor - Rockwell 6c - plate 4
blade - Wizamet Polsilver (1)
brush - Semogue 2000 boar
soap - Vitos 'Eucalyptus' - tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol 'Formula K'
balm - Proraso 'Green'

Result - everything I wanted it to be.

It has been a bit muggy in Glasgow over the last few days - spectacular rain yesterday - I'm sure I saw Noah heading to B&Q - but it didn't seem to clear the air much. A nice refreshing shave was in order tonight - which is exactly what I got. I didn't use the Streamline! Well done me - I haven't picked up the Rockwell in a while - not sure why now - for me it is an effortlessly good razor - solid in the hand, well made, safe in use, adaptable to your needs and excellent value for money - every den should have one. Job done - I enjoyed that very much - smoother than David NIven in a smoking jacket - sharing show-biz anecdotes over a dram or two - enjoy yours - one and all - I.

Oh - talking of drams - the prop in the picture is a bottle of 'Abhainn Dearg' - from the Isle of Lewis - a 10 year old single malt - cask strength - a present from a friend. It is exceptionally good - among the best whiskies I have tasted. Mind you it ought to be - it cost more than the razor I used tonight - quite a lot more. I have some very good friends.

Last edited:
Prep: Myrsol Emulsion
Bowl: Fine
Brush: BSB-1 TI HMW
Soap: Acqua di Parma Barbiere
Razor: Paradigm TI 2
Blade: Asco Super Stainless
AS: Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa

[IMG]

Best Regards
Marco

View attachment 45105

post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol 'Formula K'
balm - Proraso 'Green'

It has been a bit muggy in Glasgow over the last few days - spectacular rain yesterday - I'm sure I saw Noah heading to B&Q - but it didn't seem to clear the air much. A nice refreshing shave was in order tonight - which is exactly what I got. I didn't use the Streamline! Well done me - I haven't picked up the Rockwell in a while - not sure why now - for me it is an effortlessly good razor - solid in the hand, well made, safe in use, adaptable to your needs and excellent value for money - every den should have one. Job done - I enjoyed that very much - smoother than David NIven in a smoking jacket - sharing show-biz anecdotes over a dram or two - enjoy yours - one and all - I.

Oh - talking of drams - the prop in the picture is a bottle of 'Abhainn Dearg' - from the Isle of Lewis - a 10 year old single malt - cask strength - a present from a friend. It is exceptionally good - among the best whiskies I have tasted. Mind you it ought to be - it cost more than the razor I used tonight. I have some very good friends.

A dram good photo, Iain.(y)

View attachment 45105

post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol 'Formula K'
balm - Proraso 'Green'

Oh - talking of drams - the prop in the picture is a bottle of 'Abhainn Dearg' - from the Isle of Lewis - a 10 year old single malt - cask strength - a present from a friend. It is exceptionally good - among the best whiskies I have tasted. Mind you it ought to be - it cost more than the razor I used tonight. I have some very good friends.

Belter of a photo @Digimonkey! [emoji1362]

Back
Top Bottom