SOTD : Saturday 22nd May to Friday 28th May 2021.

Thanks for your support. Your coordination influenced me to buy the Yaqi Dandilion for photos. It’s a very easy brush to lather with too.

And a very wise choice of brush. Londinium with the Dandelion is one of my favourite 'reach for quickly' combinations.

Know your soaps (tick in the box), know your brush (box now ticked)

Sunday 23rd May

Cream - Body Shop Maca Root
Brush - Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Marble Handle
Razor - Timeless Bronze 0.38 SB
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Post - N Locion Aftershave

Maca Root shave cream never fails to provide superb performance. I dare say it could put most much more expensive alternatives to shame.
Silver Blue on it's third use in the Bronze Timeless felt as smooth as silk, and mowed down two days growth with ease.
Finished with N Locion aftershave - Iain, @Digimonkey put me on to this a few years back, I picked some up in a Spanish supermarket in Torremolinos for the princely sum of €2.20 . It comes in a 200 ml + bottle and it seems to last forever.
It contains seaweed extracts, which my skin really appreciates - one of those nice nourishing splashes.

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Gillette Super Slim Platinum ( 2 )
Brush = Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic
Soap= Zingari Man The Watchman with matching balm & splash.
Brilliant shave for me today.
6 day growth & probably the longest iv went without shaving in the last 18 months..
These blades are fast becoming one of my favourites and it’s a joy in the feather
C6D48462-9BF4-41B3-90D8-6712986CF099.png

Mon 24 SOTD
Soap Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Pearl Flexi Adjustable V1
Blade Derby Premium 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Alum + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Henri et Victoria Cognac &Cuban Cigars Aftershave Balm
Nice aromatic cigarish & maybe cognac scent? The lather was good enough.
Shave with the heavyweight razor paired with the blade was good using between setting 3 to 2 for 3passes without any issues for a dfs+ result. After 2 days of using the light-weight AC razors...this heavy razor shave was a surprise...
Aftershaves were awesome with the matching HetV balm prolonging the great aromatic scent!!!
20210524_094600.jpg

Prep: Shower with Bulldog oil control charcoal soap bar
Soap: PPA Future Fiction
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia Synthetic
Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Half a Shark
Post: Baxter’s of California Shave Tonic and Baxter’s aftershave balm.
Fragrance: Channel Allure Homme
This cream, blade and fragrance all seem to combine extremely well to give me a BBS and great start to the week. The allure seems to complement the PPA well to my untrained nose. The Twig just gives me a great shave every time and even today when I tried to experiment with my shaving angle a bit.

Attachments

• 414CB994-F6A2-43AB-9FB2-5AE99C618655.jpeg
    414CB994-F6A2-43AB-9FB2-5AE99C618655.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 2
New week (I'm one of those with Monday as first day of the week) new gear

Prep:
shower with Nivea (Protect & Care) Deep face wash
Pre: ES pre-shave oil
Razor: RazoRock Blackhawk V2
Blade: Feather Pro Guard (1)
Brush: EJ Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Saponificio Varesino - Cubebe

My first shave with RazoRock after being delivered last week from Shaving Station.
Wow! What an amazing shave this was. My SE previous experience is Leaf Twig (uses half DE blades) and OneBlade Hybrid (uses Feather FHS-10 blades)
As a SE shave feel this had nothing at all in common with the Twig. A completely different experience all together. Yes it reminded me of the blade rigidity OneBlade offers but in terms of sharpness it blows the FHS-10 out of the water. (which were only decent for max 2 shaves - second one being very tuggy)
First two passes went absolutely fine following the recommendations seen here (to try and shave the lather) but on the third one as I got more confidence I paid less attention and ended up with couple of weepers.
Result a very smooth shave and now the desire to explore more of the SE avenue.
pic.jpg

Mon 24th May

Stirling Syn. 26mm
Officina Artigiana soap
Yaqi Excalibur -RR Super Knurl handle
Schick Proline [ 6 ]
Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion

My first Shave report this week, though on Saturday I had my first Travel Shave with this Razor. Though the mirror setup was not too good, the shave finish attained was quite good and long lasting.
Today the nice lather from the soap, made it quite easy to plough through a couple of days growth. This Razor is proving to be an excellent daily Shaver , feels great in the hand and delivers a trouble free finish every time.

IMG_1480.jpg

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Monday 24th May 2021

Shave Score 9.6/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower / NIVEA MEN DEEP Anti-Blackhead Scrub
PreShave Cream: Proraso - Green Rinfrescante - Menthol
Cream/Soap: Extro Cosmesi - Isola
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Atlantis
Razor: Merkur Progress 500
Blade: Gillette London Bridge (1)
Post Shave ASL: Speick
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: John Varvartos - Artisan Pure

Brought the 500 out of retirement today, just to make a change from my Razorock Razors, forgot how good it actually was, might use this for a little while now :)

Have a great Week all.

Joe

IMG_1029.jpeg

189416423_2930680903817640_4588559239013681099_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Arko in a pot :p .
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Razor: Rockwell Model T (3,3)
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (2)

Today is a good day. The Rockwell has been tamed (for a while at least!) I dialled in on @Tony'schin 's thoughts about angle, and after an extra day without a shave to build a run-up I played with a few short strokes. A 3,3 two pass shave produced a DFS, and the GSB felt great, however the angle that produced this finish was more akin to a 1912 than a DE razor. It felt like I was riding the cap and was far shallower than I've used with any other razor. However the finish is undeniably good. I'll keep the Blue in tomorrow, and confirm this wasn't a total fluke.

Or it could be the Arko that's the game-changer:unsure::ROFLMAO:

For this particular shave I revert back to my SOTD hero........ @Palmolive fox and I present you with the theme 'My polar opposite shaving recipe for today'

IMG_20210523_174302.jpg

My spontaneously hacked together shave for today.

Prep: A scrub in cold water in the tin tub which has stood since my wife last bathed several hours back

Pre:
Some warm water splashed on a bit of ripped up T-shirt
Pears - what the bloody hell is this stuff? I have never washed in pears or any fruit for that matter
Extracts - A touch of 3 in 1 does just fine. Castrol may be a better choice but shit, 5 litres of the stuff?
Brush: APShave Co 30mm Cashmere on a gigantic lump of brass
Bowl - Cornflakes?
Lather : MDC Fouckere.
Blade: Feather Super Professional. As blunt as they come.
Franktherazor - Stainless Mongoose

Boiling hot water applied using a Delonge kettle. I will sue you at this point Barry. Have you seen what an effing face full of scolding hot water does?
Homemade bread for reasons unknown (No particular season of the year just crusty white from the bread maker) and lemon. More sueing your way. If you think suffering boils and reddening of the skin with the boiling water might not be too serious just you wait and see what applying freshly squeezed lemon juice does.
Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals (Crystal meth? This is a place for shaving not a home brewed narcotics forum) . And all mixed together by a witch called Hazel? What sort of devilment is this as I thought all known witches had been burnt at the stake back in the 16th century. Well at least I did think that until a night out locally after several months of lock down. And so they should have been, but more locked up than down.

@Palmolive fox utilises the services of the local witch covenant to mix his post shave mix of lemons, vinegar and sea salt

Creightons ~Sensitive PSB and something to do with Gummy bears. I haven't got over the lemon juice yet so thoughts of sensitivity are out of reach at the moment.

Greetings,

A harrowing Sunday evening shave (Mainly driven by lemon juice) ...

The Mongoose/Feather was another duo dreadfully slashing their way through the my stubble inefficiently with each pass. In theory the brush could have done that alone being such a face masher.

Finishing the shave off with more of those Gummy bears ~ Traditional Scouse Cologne with a dab of diesel behind each ear.

My face is feeling as rough as a badger's arse & smelling like a sewage outlet :mad:

Stay safe, and enjoy your week peeps. :unsure:

And this is where we part our ways and take my usual sign off. A shave without some Japanese ladies is simply no shave at all. And especially for you Barry I give you a lovebite Lovebites

Being a fellow Robert Rankin fan I guess you won't take any offence by this, but just to let you know I love your informative educacting posts whereas I just post incessant mindless drivel.

But I do love my shaves

PS. See you in court

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom