SOTD: Saturday 22 July - Friday 28 July 2023.

Fri 28
Soap & Aftershave Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Haze Mew Brown
Razor Joh Engstrom Eskilstuna Frameback
Top-class lather & scent from this soap, brush, and splash combination.
A nice and enjoyable shave with this razor although the edge could be crispier...
20230728_122812.jpg

Cheers and thanks Tony, 54 years on we still celebrate on this special day. 2 days actually as we married in The Hague and had the civil ceremony on 25th and the church on 26th.
I should explain that my wife is Dutch and in Holland then, unlike here, a civil marriage was the legal requirement and the church optional. Double enjoyment actually :)

Tuesday 25th July
InjecTR v1 3D - Schick Proline B #4 - Travel Synth - Speick Vegan Stick - Williams Aqua Velva AS - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20230724-113731-01.jpg

Celebrating our 42nd wedding anniversary in a beautiful part of Majorca.
Belated congratulations!

I should explain that my wife is Dutch and in Holland then, unlike here, a civil marriage was the legal requirement and the church optional. Double enjoyment actually :)

My wife is from Liverpool and we also celebrate our wedding twice. Mainly because we married each other a second time after being divorced.

Today is the anniversary of the first time (but I don't celebrate it for personal reasons) and 10th August will be 23 years the second time. The longest I know of as a second time married to the same person.

A glutton for punishment? Probably

SOTD 28-July
20230727_160457.jpg
Soap: Arko Urinal Cake
Brush: Erasmic Synthetic 'Steel' Bristle - Never Again
Razor: Gillette Tech - 1 shining star of the shave
Blade: Gillette Super Blue - Ok

That was a god awful shave. The idea being to use the cheapest soap in your collection, and the challenge being to use the cheapest everything. The only positive I can take from this is that the Tech still does it's best to create a decent shave from abysmal conditions.

The brush was like I was stabbing myself with a steel brush, and left more 'hairs' on my face and up my nose (christ knows how) than the razor took off my face.

The soap while perfectly acceptable performance wise, it really does deserve to be thrown in a public bathroom urinal.

The nivea balm, holy shit, put the stuff on and you would have thought I'd just dipped my face in fuel and set a match to it.

On the plus (or is it sad/geeky) side I did some mental gymnastics weighing Water, Balm and Soap pre use vs post and came out with a final cost of the shave:

So this shave cost approximately £3.15 (brush) + £4.42 (razor - adjusting for inflation from 0.89¢ CAD in 1968 to GBP) + £0.09p (blade) + £0.01 (soap) + £0.02p (balm) + £0.06p (Water) = £7.75, though the hardware is of course reusable (shared my workings - so sad)...why did I take part in this event lol!

Once again, hope everyone has a better shave than me!

Cheers

Marc

Two shaves to report
Thursday 27th July
SUPPLY adjustable injector and blade set on 6, RazoRock Puros, scruffy old Kent badger. To be honest I don’t think Supply has really improved upon the old Schick injectors for smoothness of finish. The 60s PAL adjustable I used the other day looks just as modern with its brushed SS finish and is also efficient and smooth.
However, the Supply head doesn’t leave any blade end overhang to attack the unwary so is a good starter for newcomers to wet shaving and anyone in a hurry.
2 passes and pick ups gave a perfectly acceptable dfs

IMG_0195.jpeg

Friday 28 July
Returning to some DE shaving with Feather AS-D2 with a Feather hi-stainless blade today.
I picked up some Løthur soaps courtesy of @jphelan81 (cheers Jon!) and today used the Floraphobia.
I tried a recent purchase, Rubberset -4 and was a little worried that it’s old bristles might let me down so proceeded carefully. Yes it dropped a few but still did the job pretty well. The scent of this soap is quite amazing, its ingredients too many to quote but boy what a great smell. My boss said it had an after kick, you get a first scent and then a second one. Never heard her say that about any other soap I have used before. Is this my shave soap apotheosis perhaps? I still have two other soaps from Jon so we shall see.
The Feather combo seems to be quite mild in as much there wasn’t much if any sound feedback but I still ended up with a bbs after 2 passes. When there isn’t any sound the tendency might be to press the razor harder, this isn’t necessary. Time to relax and listen to some quiet soothing music, say some Puffy Shoes :ROFLMAO:
Enjoy POETS day fellas!

IMG_0196.jpeg

33yr Wedding Anniversary Shave
Nbc Pulling GIF by The Titan Games

Only kidding;)

28/07/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - Signature Soap Hibernia
Razor - Feather WS-D2
Blade - Kai DE Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Jasmine
Wk 30 (7).jpg
A very comfortable, very close finish.
Hopefully the shave should last the day, taking Mrs TC out later to our favourite sea front Indian Restaurant.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Only kidding;)

28/07/23
Razor - Feather WS-D2
Blade - Kai DE Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
View attachment 109354
Hopefully the shave should last the day, taking Mrs TC out later to our favourite sea front Indian Restaurant.
Congratulations!!!

Where did you buy the Feather? Been eyeing it for some time now but I’m waiting to find a good deal.

Only kidding;)

28/07/23
Razor - Feather WS-D2
Blade - Kai DE Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
View attachment 109354
Congratulations and well done

Back
Top Bottom