SOTD: Saturday 22 July - Friday 28 July 2023.

SOTD: 22nd July 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Pearlman shaver's Spirit Shaving Soap.
Razor: Parker 24C. - Personna Comfort Coated. (D1)
Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Head/Dome) (Settings) 4-wtg. 4-xtg/atg.+pick-ups. - Personna Injector PTFE. (D5)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Nivea Men 2 Phase + P&G Old Spice Original ASL Mixture / Cien Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

Another new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...It's been some time since i last used the Pearlman Shaver's spirit soap which is a excellent shaving soap... It's very slick, protective with a fresh mild masculine "old Spice" fragrance to my nose which lingers throughout the shave and beyond creating a wonderful lather in a short space of time leaving a good post shave feel.

Another close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Sensitive ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth cool and smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Today's shave:

rdt230722rnfuz.jpg

- Geo.F. Trumper Coconut Oil
- Nightdiver Bruyere SHD 2-Band
- Mühle CC with NoName handle and ASP blade
- Thayers Witch Hazel Coconut Water

:D

SOTD 22-Jul
20230721_141418 (1).jpg
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: SSC Gin&Tonic (On The Rocks)
Razor: ER Ambasador
Blade: GEM PTFE

Lovely shave this morning, but the wrong day for it considering the weather. The theme for the day being berries, either botanical or just has it in the name, so in this instance it's Juniper Berries. Actually really nice and fresh, similar cooling effect to margaritas so it plays into my wheelhouse, can't stand the drink itself but this was good.

Challenge for the day, 'Never Skip Leg Day', this is precisely what you think it is. Gave the Mrs a heads up and you should have seen her face, clearly not to her taste, either that or she doesn't want my legs looking nicer than hers on holiday at the end of the month. Either which way, hard pass!

They're actually doing another event for next month, 'Austere August' which I'm actually looking forward to. Same razor, same brush (going to break in a semogue taj) , same software (and if you go extreme) the same physical blade. Nice to be able to get to grips completely with one setup, you know, how it used to be before joining this forum.

Hope everyone has a cracking day.

Cheers

Marc

Saturday 22 July
Staying with Schick injectors and today the Schick Eversharp 1948 Christmas Special. It’s a compact model aimed primarily at women users but works just fine and particularly good for anybody looking for a smart travel razor. Second use Schick proline B-20 and 2 passes plus pick ups gave me a trouble free bbs finish.
Mogno Ach Brito easily brought to a rapid lather with my ever reliable and comfortable old Ever Ready brush with synthetic knot completed the team effort this morning. Had to reshape the soap block to fit the new ceramic pot. Yachts Dauntless and Cambria started the Anglo-American Yacht Race of 1870 from Queenstown for New York on 4th of July. Fabulous vessels, what an era of sailing! Thought you would like to know this.
Have a great weekend fellas!

IMG_0188.jpeg

22/07/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Yaqi Coco-cola 22mm Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Vectis
Razor - Blackland Tradere
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Body Shop Arber EDT
Wk 30 (1).jpg
Nice that (y) ;)
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

IMG_2183.jpeg
SOTD: 22/07/2023

Razor: Blackland Era
Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium, 2nd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Noble Otter Jack Puck
Aftershave: Noble Otter Jack Aftershave

This soap is divine, the lime, lemon and orange all increase in strength when it’s lathered but more so the other elements especially the musk, mint and juniper, making it a slightly more complex scent than I originally thought off the puck smell alone. The splash definitely pushes the gin and other notes slightly more but it’s makes for a fabulous combination! It’s another Noble Otter hit for me!

22 July

Wickham 1912 Cashmere
Cadman M55 Tuxedo
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Treet Platinum
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

DC55BFD6-D7D4-4CF2-B218-CAF73D8E4A0E.jpeg
A superb Saturday shave. The Cadman is a fabulous brush, the Wickham is a lovely soap, the Tatara is an excellent razor, the Treet is a smooth blade, and the Signature Soaps splash is just the icing on the cake. I start the day happy and well shaved.

20230722_105129-01.jpeg
My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm
Brush Yaqi Aqua 24mm brush.
Soap Hags Resurrection.
Razor Brass CG Stinger plate 2.
Aftershave Hags Resurrection.
I broke out the Stinger for todays shave and it didn't disappoint, I love how quickly it warms up in the glass of warm water and feels glorious as it caresses my face.
The Resurrection whipped up a nice lather but I am still not over keen on the scent, I won't be buying it again.
Another top banana shave for my handsome face.
Enjoy the day ahead everyone.

Pre: straight out of shower, light wash, AromaBar natural shaving oil.
Lather: Mühle Grapefruit and Mint soap, Bulldog brush, built in Naked Armor steel scuttle
Razor: QShave adjustable
Blade: Baili BP003 - 9th shave
Passes and settings: 4 full (WTG 0.5, XTG 1, GTX 1.5, ATG just short of 2) and a partial (neck only) ATG, 2.

After skipping yesterday due to waking up late, I did a fuller shave today. Burn was noticeable but only mild - within expectations. No cuts. Result, near BBS, score 10. 4th perfect 10 with this blade, 4 out of last 5.

I am either getting better with the DE razor, the BP003 is a great blade, or both!

IMG_2475.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Era (Level 4 SB)
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Simpson 24mm Captain 2 Best
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Arran Aromatics Machrie
Aftershave: Arran Aromatics Machrie Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Arran Aromatics Machrie EDT

Back
Top Bottom