SOTD : Saturday 20th June - Friday 26th June 2020

SOTD June 24

Carbon Shaving Co. Cx 316L/Ti handle
MÜHLE Edition 1 STF brush
Martin de Candre Vetyver soap

4C03E7D6-3531-4612-A09D-B4ADE20C124D.jpeg

Some shaves in with the Cx - Wow!
What a fine razor this is. I find it very easy to handle with a (for me) perfect balance.
Paired with the Souplex (thank you for the tip @Blademonkey) I have had 3 BBS in a row, with zero weepers, creepers or irritation.
This razor might be endgame for me!

Last edited by a moderator:
SOTD June 24

Carbon Shaving Co. Cx 316L/Ti handle
MÜHLE Edition 1 STF brush
Martin de Candre Vetyver soap

View attachment 56174

Some shaves in with the Cx - Wow!
What a fine razor this is. I find it very easy to handle with a (for me) perfect balance.
Paired with the Souplex (thank you for the tip @Blademonkey) I have had 3 BBS in a row, with zero weepers, creepers or irritation.
This razor might be endgame for me!
My pleasure Mark. Happy shaving! :) P

Wednesday AM 2020-06-24
World UFO Day
Oty0366.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Porcelain-Jade Finest (24/55)
Harrods by Floris shaving soap (tallow)
Wolfman WR2-SB/UFO Colibri (L-Twist)
Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Ginger's Garden Ginger Blossom aftershave
6Jfhj3N.jpg

Sotd-25-06-20.jpg

Sotd - take your pick? - today - I'm fairly sure

Prep - facial scrub
razor - Gillette Slim (4)
blade - Lodz Polsilver (Poldark - 6)
brush - Yaqi Cola 22mm synth
soap - OSP - UKWSS LE - 'The Herb Garden' - tallow
post - cold water
a/s - OSP - UKWSS LE tonic
balm - Nivea - Sensitive Cool Gel
scent - Gotas Frescas.

Another middle-of-the-night head and face shave as a response to heat and insomnia - you might as well do something positive. I feel clean and cool for the first time in hours - the OSP soap is perfect for the occasion - nice relaxing herbals with a hefty jolt of menthol - this is doubly true of the matching post shave tonic - ooft. The sun is almost fully up as I type this - and there is a very pleasant breeze blowing through the open windows - I suspect that this will be the best part of the day. I have adapted to much during lockdown but I can't get used to the silence through the night in such an urban setting - it still spooks me. Have a good day all - enjoy shaving - cheers - I.

“When I got home I mixed a stiff one and stood by the open window in the living room and sipped it and listened to the groundswell of traffic on Laurel Canyon Boulevard and looked at the glare of the big angry city hanging over the shoulder of the hills through which the boulevard had been cut. Far off the banshee wail of police or fire sirens rose and fell, never for very long completely silent. Twenty four hours a day somebody is running, somebody else is trying to catch him. Out there in the night of a thousand crimes, people were dying, being maimed, cut by flying glass, crushed against steering wheels or under heavy tires. People were being beaten, robbed, strangled, raped, and murdered. People were hungry, sick; bored, desperate with loneliness or remorse or fear, angry, cruel, feverish, shaken by sobs. A city no worse than others, a city rich and vigorous and full of pride, a city lost and beaten and full of emptiness. It all depends on where you sit and what your own private score is. I didn't have one. I didn't care. I finished the drink and went to bed.”

From - Raymond Chandler - 'The Long Goodbye'

SOTD : 25th June 2020.

36.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Original Source ~ Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Wilko ~ Men's Face Wash + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.

Brush : Yaqi ~ 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Frankensoap : Pears Transparent bar Soap + Wilkinson Sword Soap bowl.

Blade: Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword ~ Saloon Pack. (4)

Razor: Merkur ~37C.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint eucalyptus, Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut ~ Splash-On Lotion.

Baylis & Harding ~ Amber & Sandalwood ASB.

Greetings,

Another early morning cold water shave.

Last shave of the week using the Merkur 37c/ Indian GWS blade which have been a great duo throughout the week..Next week i'll be using the Merkur 39C matching it up with the Chinese Made GWS blade to see if i get the same shaving results as i've had this week with the indian version.

A pleasurable 3 pass + pick ups BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Baylis & Harding ~ Amber & Sandalwood ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom