SOTD: Saturday 20th January - Friday 26th January 2018.

Pre: Tasmanian Beer Shampoo Bar
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus
Soap: Shaver Heaven Arctic Mango
Razor: ATT Kronos S1
Blade: Gillette Aussie Spoiler (1)
Splash: APR Lixiviant

Celebrating Australia Day, so an Aussie-themed shave was clearly on the cards.
Can't tell you how much I love the Shaver Heaven Arctic Mango soap. Incredible scent, easy to lather, performs superbly, nice menthol kick, and a great post-shave feel. Can't see it ever dropping out of my top 5 soaps. Very comfortable 3 pass shave with some buffing to take it to BBS. The Aussie spoiler blade is another top performer, and the Tony Forsyth brush is an absolute winner.
Advance Australia Fair!

Pre: Tasmanian Beer Shampoo Bar
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus
Soap: Shaver Heaven Arctic Mango
Razor: ATT Kronos S1
Blade: Gillette Aussie Spoiler (1)
Splash: APR Lixiviant

Celebrating Australia Day, so an Aussie-themed shave was clearly on the cards.
Can't tell you how much I love the Shaver Heaven Arctic Mango soap. Incredible scent, easy to lather, performs superbly, nice menthol kick, and a great post-shave feel. Can't see it ever dropping out of my top 5 soaps. Very comfortable 3 pass shave with some buffing to take it to BBS. The Aussie spoiler blade is another top performer, and the Tony Forsyth brush is an absolute winner.
Advance Australia Fair!
And no doubt celebrating a victory in the one-dayer too Tom.

Greetings all,

• Filarmonica DT13
  • The Scorcher Νο.151
  • HL Thater 2 Band 4125/4
  • Dimitri's Lavender
  • Floid Mentolado Vigoroso

Have a great weekend!

Y9RayyM.jpg
Mentally Vigorous rides again.............

Friday

Soap - Phoenix and Beau Baskerville
Brush - RazoRock BC Silvertip 24mm
Face lather
Razor - Ever Ready 1912 (Made in England)
Blade - Gem SS PTFE
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
After shave - Fine Platinum

A cosmic shave today, with one of my best razors. Smooth beyond belief: aided and abetted by the tremendous Baskerville. The Fine Platinum accords well with this soap; it has that nice dark, smoky note that picks up the tarry broodingness of the Baskerville. I can imagine the rolling mists and industrial sized tins of Pedigree Chum being left out in the moors...
1FA30B48-29E8-4A02-913A-78B14695C16C.jpeg

Friday

Soap - Phoenix and Beau Baskerville
Brush - RazoRock BC Silvertip 24mm
Face lather
Razor - Ever Ready 1912 (Made in England)
Blade - Gem SS PTFE
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
After shave - Fine Platinum

A cosmic shave today, with one of my best razors. Smooth beyond belief: aided and abetted by the tremendous Baskerville. The Fine Platinum accords well with this soap; it has that nice dark, smoky note that picks up the tarry broodingness of the Baskerville. I can imagine the rolling mists and industrial sized tins of Pedigree Chum being left out in the moors...
View attachment 32869
When using the wonderful Baskerville I always get the chilling mist rolling over the damp mossy moors and the stinking tarry bogs that could swallow a man riding his horse if he was careless on a moonless night but I have never imagined industrial sized tins of pedigree chum! You have a better imagination than I sir! :) P.

When using the wonderful Baskerville I always get the chilling mist rolling over the damp mossy moors and the stinking tarry bogs that could swallow a man riding his horse if he was careless on a moonless night but I have never imagined industrial sized tins of pedigree chum! You have a better imagination than I sir! :) P.
We have the makings of a novel between us, Paul.

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Omega 20102 Boar
Cream: Sudsey Soapery Lavender and Peppermint
Razor: Mongoose (on loan)
Blade: Feather Pro Super

IMG_20180126_182544.jpg
To try and get the best out of the Mongoose, I loaded it with a Pro Super, lathered with the slickest soap I own and had the BBA PSB on standby.
Best shave I've had from it yet. A two pass DFS+ with minimal feedback from the alum.
I'm a happy chappy.

Back
Top Bottom