SOTD: Saturday 20th January - Friday 26th January 2018.

Kevin,
You are a Braver Man than me. Just follow the angle on the top cap , be light and do not rush.
Mike
I've tried that Mike, patchy on neck and jawline.
I've tried a lighter shorter handle to make it more head heavy which didn't really improve it.
The Feather Pro made a bit of difference but I still prefer the General. Ymmv and all that.

Friday's shave of the day :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash, warm water splash.
Razor - Colonial Razors - The General, SS.
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink (Day 4).
Soap - Jack Black's Supreme Shave Cream.
Bowl - Via Barberia by Omega.
Brush - Omega (Boar) 011829.
Post shave - Cold Water Splash, OSP Neroli and Menthol Splash, followed by Ibiza-Aloe Aloe Vera Gel.

A very enjoyable, albeit slightly rushed 2 pass this morning - first run out with the Via Barberia shave bowl.

Got a great lather this morning, not sure if this was from trying a different shave bowl, or that the Omega (Boar) brush may be exiting its break-up phase.

The OSP splash, as ever felt great on the skin post shave, excellent stuff (YMMV).

Have a great day all,

Chris

View attachment 32848 ~SOTD~ Friday 26th January 08

Prep ~ Shower, Lush Snowcake Soap
Razor ~ Hone Type 15
Blade ~ KAI Stainless
Soap ~ Klar Kabinett
Brush ~ Omega Boar
Post ~ Myrsol Blue Aftershave
Scent ~ Guerlain Jicky (EDT)

A truly wonderful shave, the Hone and Kai blade were made for eachother, add the fab Klar Kabinett soap with its delicate rose scent whipped up and applied with the nicely broken in Omega boar followed by a faultles shave topped off with a splash of Myrsol blue and then a healthy body spray of the wonderful Jicky left me with a feeling of wellbeing.....A truly wonderful shaving experience. :)

Wishing you all a wonderful day..........:) P.

Paul, the Hone looks stunning - my order of KAI Stainless arrived Thursday. I'm hoping to give the Hone and the KAI a run-out this weekend.

All the best,

Chris

Paul, the Hone looks stunning - my order of KAI Stainless arrived Thursday. I'm hoping to give the Hone and the KAI a run-out this weekend.

All the best,

Chris
Thank you, I think you will find the KAI Stainless blades a perfect match for your Hone, I look forward to hearing how you get on with the pairing. :) P.

Greetings all,

• Filarmonica DT13
  • The Scorcher Νο.151
  • HL Thater 2 Band 4125/4
  • Dimitri's Lavender
  • Floid Mentolado Vigoroso

Have a great weekend!

Y9RayyM.jpg

Fri 26th Jan

Omega 11126 boar
P & B Spitfire
Mongoose B3
Schick Proline ( 6 )
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Keeping to modern SE Razors, I chose a Mongoose today. Had to make up for a bad Shave yesterday caused by my inattention.

All went very well and I was especially pleased how well the Razor worked on the upper lip and around the chin, so smooth with no tendency to pull. Was rewarded for taking care today, with a ultra close all round finish. No need to reach for the Alum.

IMG_0195.jpg

Last edited:
7wGtPNda_o.jpeg

Vie Long 13061b
Vintage Merkur
Supermax Blue Diamond Titanium (3)
Tallow & Steel Boreal
Alum Block, Nivea Balm & Cerutti 1881 Men

Very impressed with this razor and blade. A good shaving razor, looks like an adjustable Merkur Progress but the head is quite differently shaped, looks to be circa 1950's. I wouldn't call it a non-adjustable Progress though, I have emailed Merkur so hopefully can be pinpointed a model. This blade has been very good to me, so impressed I have ordered 100. The shave itself was much more comfortable than a Progress, I love the two toned nature of the razor. When I saw it I had to have it.

A superb lather with the horse and Boreal, love the fragrance of it. Neither has let me down yet.

7wGtPNda_o.jpeg

Vie Long 13061b
Vintage Merkur
Supermax Blue Diamond Titanium (3)
Tallow & Steel Boreal
Alum Block, Nivea Balm & Cerutti 1881 Men

Very impressed with this razor and blade. A good shaving razor, looks like an adjustable Merkur Progress but the head is quite differently shaped, looks to be circa 1950's. I wouldn't call it a non-adjustable Progress though, I have emailed Merkur so hopefully can be pinpointed a model. This blade has been very good to me, so impressed I have ordered 100. The shave itself was much more comfortable than a Progress, I love the two toned nature of the razor. When I saw it I had to have it.

A superb lather with the horse and Boreal, love the fragrance of it. Neither has let me down yet.
That razor looks fab, a good buy :) P.

Back
Top Bottom