2/9/23

Pre - Mitchells Wool Fat bath soap
Soap - Kent (MWF Tallow)
Brush - Yaqi Cashmere 22mm
Razor - Souplex Bakelite DE
Blade - Gillette Permasharp (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Benjamins Bay w/Menthol

I've been using this bar of MWF for my pre shave, and it's very nice indeed. It's been a while since I lasted used my bakelite Souplex razor, a really mild razor head but takes an extra pass to get the job done, comfortable in the shave.

Have a good day gents.

IMG_20230902_155118.jpg

Why hello chaps and welcome to my first SOTD of this new week and one which arrives from Holland and themed, 'Jars of cream and electricity'

View attachment 110736

Electric razor - Gillete Fusion Proglide
Positively charged blade - Whatever it is which fits the above
Potential difference brush - PAA Pelegrino
Assaulting battery - Signature Soaps Valentia
Electric fruit - Hermes eau de Rhubarb

'And Mr Friendly welcomes you to excursions in shaving'

Leiden the Netherlands. Home of Rembrandt and the cultivation of electricity in jars. It also happens to be the place for a short break with Mrs Satanfriendly. And big windmills.

View attachment 110744

And a shave? Slightly different to my usual, but no choice as the only thing a person wishing for smoothness as against to being one of those strange bearded folk can carry on a plane. Strange bearded folk, Orcs, trolls? Oddly Captain Fawcett's sent me an offer of 30% off beard products as part of National Beard Day. Sod that. In the words of The Bloodhound Gang, 'You must die, I alone am best'

And my shave in a jar? Not bad at all for a cartridge razor and certainly quick and comfortable. Good job there are no limitations on soap and I managed to at least bring something decent on that side. Strangely my bag went to one side for inspection and can't quite believe it was all because of my shaving brush. Tell me everyday folk have never seen a shaving brush before?

A slap of Collegen and a spray from a sample of the rather nice Rhubarb from Hermes and ready to take on Leiden and their attack of the Electric jars.

A very pleasant shave and grin value 7.

Just takes me to say 'I love you all' and have a very pleasant weekend. Not entirely Japanese girly, but they do have a very nice lady vocalist and a cracking transgender guitarist. Say hello to Blood Stain Child and their superb track 'Electricity'...

SF - don't forget to stock up on De Vergulde Hand products when you're there. Inexpensive and very good in my opinion - soap in tubs and sticks - the post shave balm is really thick - good for winter. Cheers - I.

Saturday 2nd September

AIL4fc9RXeSMP52oS3ZTvfpjcDz8OJwJFLjg8toEbSDN7DpC-32bT8Z7TsWRoqnzdnYJ9_rgGzdS6WybAWuuP5wF92s0xyGUcL-jC_TF0JBRq-MCoAB36ByHSMUcdhKJJuBYhI9YlAAuhOQv9D59PzsEzKpTTA=w800

TFS RasoZero Agrumella Shaving Soap & Omega 10108 Pure Bristle
GEM 1912 (Australian) w/Bakelite Handle & GEM by Personna (Stainless/PTFE) (8)
Akcay Tutun Kolonyasi

SF - don't forget to stock up on De Vergulde Hand products when you're there. Inexpensive and very good in my opinion - soap in tubs and sticks - the post shave balm is really thick - good for winter. Cheers - I.
Sold in every supermarket too. Well at least the classic puck. Most Kruidvat and Etos stores sell the whole range.

Thanks the hint chaps. My missus is going to think I am a right boring git tomorrow.

Edit - She does anyway

Back
Top Bottom