AS: Acqua di Parma Tonico doppbarba
AS Balm: Acqua di Parma Barbiere

SOTD_2023902.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

SOTD: 3rd September 2023.

b.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body+Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11047 'Mixed Midget' Badger/Boar.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: HWF NO1. with Cedarwood & Patchouli.
Blade: Personna PTFE SS Injector. (D4)
Razor: Schick G type Injector.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Alum Rub./Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB./Ard Al Zafran Dirham Oud EDP.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Everything in my shave set up worked together excellently resulting in a wonderfully smooth 2 pass + pick ups comfortable shave with no errors to report...A wonderful performance from the vintage Schick G type Injector.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Ard Al Zafran Dirham Oud EDP to the chest and pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

03/09/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap - Signature Soap Coria
Razor - 6/8 Koraat B-II Near wedge - Cocobolo
Blade - @Ulrik
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Rose
Wk 37 (7).jpg
A very nice bit of early Sunday morning sink time.
I know the Coria from Signature soap is my favourite from @BrianH's creations and today just confirmed that.
An easy 2 pass shave routine with a little touch up here and there for a very comfortable BBS finish.
A fleeting bit of indication from the splash leaving me with a big smile on my face.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

SOTD: 03/09/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 1st use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Muhle Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Cream
Aftershave: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: cold water

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 03-Sep
20230902_170959.jpg
Brush: SBS Boti NC
Soap: SBS Daydream
Razor: CG Gen 1 Lvl 3
Blade: Wizamet (3)

Ok I'm done messing around with colours now, was just playing with the pics for my own amusement but now sadly I have to give my daughter her craft paper back...so selfish.

Decent shave this morning with the aggressive CG lvl 3, the more I use this the less enamoured I become. Don't get me wrong it's decent but it's more assertive and not as efficient as the equivalent new gen lvl 3 for my face. If only the newer gen had the same aesthetics and it would be just about perfect.

The new Daydream is very good, I get the hit of passion fruit on first application, it's not cloying like passiflora can be, very refreshing. Homecoming is still my favourite from their lineup, I'm not a Floral person but the lavender is really good. Though I do have validictorian (tobacco) to try which I suspect is more in my usual flow.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Sunday 3 September

Summer has arrived, at last. To celebrate I gave the SS Blackland blackbird a whirl. Well, actually you “whirl“ it at your peril, certainly teamed up with 2nd use Cosmo. It demands due care and attention but then it will cut very close with ease and after one pass wtg a second pass atg wasn’t really necessary. Just some pick up around my jaw line and neck.
Floris 1730 gentlemen’s Elite soap is excellent, subtly scented it lathers quickly and easily but my ToBS bristle brush is still a bit rough at the tips. I was hoping after some use it would soften up but it hasn’t so far, I sense a re knot synthetic rebuild is getting closer :ROFLMAO:

Have a super Sunday fellas!

IMG_0266.jpeg

IMG_2743.jpeg
SOTD: 03/09/2023

Razor: Shield AC1 vs Yaqi Romulus
Blade: Feather Pro, 4th use
Brush: Highlander Chubby Style Boti Fan Knot Synthetic
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Monte Carlo Croap
Aftershave: A&E Monte Carlo Aftershave
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Dior Savage Eau de Toilette

So the first fave off today and it’s not bought me any closer to a decision on the Yaqi. Both had a feather pro on the 3rd use in both have been used three times up until today. The Shield is more efficient and easier to use, but the Yaqi does seem to be getting better with each shave. Overall the Shield was easily more efficient except on the loose bits of skin either side of the Adam’s apple where for some reason the Yaqi always shines. However the jaw line, Adam’s apple upper and lower lip areas are all winners for the Shield. It’s really a razor that requires a shallow angle and could be great for a daily shaver but I’m edging towards it being a bit too mild for my thick, dark stubble. Tomorrow’s final test will be how it copes against the Excalibur. I think from memory the Excalibur will be more efficient so although it’s not as well made or finished it may make the cut over its newer sibling!

Back
Top Bottom