SOTD : Saturday 19th June to Friday 25th June 2021.

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Tuesday 22nd June 2021

Shave Score 9.8/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
Soap: Saponificio Varesino DOLOMITI di Sicilia 4.0
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Atlantis
Razor: SNMIRN DE Adjustable Razor (3,3,3)
Blade: Personna Tomy (1)
Post Shave ASL: Speick
Post Shave Balm: Baxters Balm
Post Shave Cologne: Penhaligons - Cairo

Ok two new bits in the mix today, firstly the new Personna Tomy (in my quest to find the cheaper equivalent of the BlueBeards Revenge blade, with the help of @donnie_arko and @Boycie83 I think the Tomy is the one :)

I also bought for a tenner the SMMIRN razor, which I might grab another one of to be honest (you know as a spare :))
The magnetic head is very well attached, the adjustment mech is very smooth, the razor is very heavy and the blade alignment is perfect.

I managed a lovely FF/BBS Shave this morning

Have a great day all.

Joe

IMG_1156.jpeg

IMG_1161.jpeg

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Tuesday 22nd June 2021

Shave Score 9.8/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
Soap: Saponificio Varesino DOLOMITI di Sicilia 4.0
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Atlantis
Razor: SNMIRN DE Adjustable Razor (3,3,3)
Blade: Personna Tomy (1)
Post Shave ASL: Speick
Post Shave Balm: Baxters Balm
Post Shave Cologne: Penhaligons - Cairo

Ok two new bits in the mix today, firstly the new Personna Tomy (in my quest to find the cheaper equivalent of the BlueBeards Revenge blade, with the help of @donnie_arko and @Boycie83 I think the Tomy is the one :)

I also bought for a tenner the SMMIRN razor, which I might grab another one of to be honest (you know as a spare :))
The magnetic head is very well attached, the adjustment mech is very smooth, the razor is very heavy and the blade alignment is perfect.

I managed a lovely FF/BBS Shave this morning

Have a great day all.

Joe

View attachment 72120

View attachment 72121

These are most likely the same blades as the Tomy.

Tuesday 22nd June
Yaqi Heavy Metal - Wickham 1912 Apricus - GEM Push Button - GEM Stainless Coated #3 - Duru Mandarin Cologne - Wickham Apricus ASB
C8K2Sjv.jpg

Tuesday

Le Pere Lucien Cèdre et Patchouli
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
Mühle R41 on iKon OSS
Gillette London Bridge (3)
Bart’s Ben Cruachan after shave lotion

Another stonker of a shave this morning. The steel handle gives great heft to the R41 head. I often wonder about the 2011 one; mine is the 2013 issue and it is a very efficient, smooth performer. It’s one of, say, 2 or 3 in the arsenal that gives the feeling of a three pass shave in two. The 2011 incarnation (I’d imagine - mileage and all that) would be an uncomfortable bugger for me; apparently it’s not just efficient, but downright aggressive.

Anyhoo…enough pontification. Here’s a photo…

22951A44-0B65-4852-AA85-EA85B76CC2B4.jpeg

IMG_20210621_160429-small01.jpeg

I've just enjoyed this limey shave, with the fantastic Martin De Candre Argumes and Trumper’s Limes for afters. The soap is astonishing, as with just a couple of swipes across the small jar tip from The Duke, there's enough lather for a couple of passes. I had to revisit for the third pass but still. I have just taken delivery of a full sized jar, but at this rate, it will be years before I need to open it up. I genuinely think this is the best soap I have.

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves!

Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Feather (3)
Soap: Martin de Candre Argumes
Brush: Simpson’s The Duke BB
Pre-shave: PAA Cube
Post-shave: Trumper’s Limes Cologne
Bowl: Face Lather

Pic.jpg

Prep: shower with Nivea (Protect & Care) Deep face wash
Pre: SE Pre Shave Oil
Razor: Feather Artist Club SS
Blade: Feather Pro Guard (5)
Brush: EJ Silvertip Synthetic
S Soap: Zingari - Magician

So its's day five on my new journey with a shavette and managed this shave again without major blood loss. I am still keeping the pro guards in and will be for a while as finding any dexterity in that left arm proves to be a challenge still.

The finish is acceptable, even got BBS on the left side of my face as that is served by my right hand. I keep r hand to r side of the face for WTG but for ATG I need to switch due to hair growth pattern.
First time using the recently acquired soap (thank you @Boycie83 ) and man it delivers. Easy lather, providing lots of slickness (exactly what I need for the shavette) with a fabulous scent. A great performer!

All in all I love the shavette experience. At the moment is not the end result that excites me but learning the skill.
With perseverance I will end up in BBS heaven with the shavette too.
The trouble with this new experience is that it opens more rabbit holes.......I only need to look a few posts up @Manumik and I'm all o_O

Last edited:
22/06/21
Pre: Shower, cold water face rinse
Brush: Semogue SOC Taj Boar
Soap: OSP No. 08
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (3)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: OSP No. 08
Wk 25 (12).JPG
Very nice!
Stay Safe and enjoy your day All.

The Wee Scot...

As an Englishman I am not too proud to say that I wish our national football team would more often demonstrate the same kind of fighting spirit that the Scots do. As my own small homage to this spirit, I shaved on this very morn with a 'Wee Scot', and yes, it too punches well above its weight and it left me feeling all aglow. I was so impressed, I considered that it should have a place in my EDC...

WeeScot.jpg

For the shave, I accompanied the Wee scot with Signature Soaps 'Hibernia', and used a Merkur 34G with a Nacet blade, all followed by a splash of Clubman Pinaud.

If England and Scotland perform as well as the Wee Scot, then this will be a night to remember for all the right reasons!

Have a great evening all(y):);)

Back
Top Bottom