SOTD : Saturday 19th February-Friday 25th February 2022.

21/02/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Razorock 400 Plissoft Syn
Soap - OSP Dark Matter
Razor - ES Claymore V1
Blade - Feather Pro Guard
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Tester C (finished)
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green

Wk 08  (3).JPG
A run out for the Original made in Scotland Claymore, he is a big heavy lump, however, he works a treat and ploughs through the stubble, he gives a similar shave to the Mongoose i had.
A very smooth and comfortable finish today, all in all a very nice shave.
Stay safe and enjoy your day

Sotd-21-02-22.png
This morning -

Yaqi Excalibur
P30 (16)
Frank Shaving two-band
TDS Lavender
cold water
Floid balm.

It's nice to remember that Belarus is good at things other than the murderous suppression of dissent, throw-back despots and accommodating Russian troops on false pretenses. This soap was, and remains, an instant classic for me. I really must change the blade but it still works - sort of. Cheers all - I.

@Jester - where did you pick up on the new TDS scents and formulation mate? I haven't had time to check but I'm assuming they have their own website? I've only ever looked at them on homelikeshaving.ru and the range and composition look much like they always have.

View attachment 84652
This morning -

Yaqi Excalibur
P30 (16)
Frank Shaving two-band
TDS Lavender
cold water
Floid balm.

It's nice to remember that Belarus is good at things other than the murderous suppression of dissent, throw-back despots and accommodating Russian troops on false pretenses. This soap was, and remains, an instant classic for me. I really must change the blade but it still works - sort of. Cheers all - I.

@Jester - where did you pick up on the new TDS scents and formulation mate? I haven't had time to check but I'm assuming they have their own website? I've only ever looked at them on homelikeshaving.ru and the range and composition look much like they always have.
@Digimonkey https://xn--d1a0ab.xn--90ais/product-category/для-бритья/ - the new soaps are listed as D21 - Foam: Creamy Yogurt :oops: . The soaps you and I have are listed as Formula 4.....

Razor = The Phantom Blue By PAA
Blade = Strangelet Platinum
Brush = The Phantom Aerolite 26mm Synthetic
Soap = Diver Down By PAA with matching splash
Balm = L’oréal Hydra Power Post Shave Gel
ACCD815D-C40D-4710-99B1-5751D775B45D.jpeg
Well another day with Covid however zero symptoms now not even a sore head so all is good.
3 Days worth of growth was taken care of extremely well with this little plastic razor,
They really are class.
Not a BBS but not far of it but i genuinely never try for one but sometimes it just happens.
I could harp on and on but PAA soaps are top drawer, no more needing said really.
Overall a 9/10
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Boys

CA987AEA-8382-48CC-A27F-F4173AB68F06.jpeg
SOTD: 21/02/2022

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Proshave S, 7th use
Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Shannon’s Soaps Mars Puck
Aftershave: Shannon’s Soaps Mars Aftershave
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Smooth and simple shave today with the Excalibur and Superb Shannon’s Soap. 3 passes, no issues and pretty much auto pilot! A great shave, enjoy your day guys.

Saturday, Sunday and Monday:
Same set up for each shave, going to switch something out tomorrow.

Each time I've started by using the shavette, trying to get to a place where I can do a full shave and end up reasonably satisfied with the results, but think I'm a way off yet. Don't want to slice myself!

My wife wasn't keen on the Løthur Oregon I was using, despite me thinking it's one of the nicest I've ever used! So, I bought the Løthur Tears version, as I expected (and was correct) that the soap's performance was as good as the other. I don't think this is quite as nice as the Oregon, but it looks like that will be consigned to travels, or when the wife pisses me off!

I just get a great shave with the Tech's I have. Set 27 just super, loaded with a Nacet is a fantastic combo IMHO.

Have a great day.

Attachments

• IMG_20220220_140519__01.jpg
    IMG_20220220_140519__01.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 3
View attachment 84631
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap,
Soap: TDS Rose Notes
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (2)

Juniper's sweeter TDS sibling turned up today for an equally impressive shave. I've just made the mistake of checking the TDS site for updates - new scents and improved base now on sale. Must......resist...... :rolleyes:
Be interesting to hear your thoughts on the New Base.
I thought the F4 base was top notch anyway.
Looks like I'll have to try to resist aswell!

Monday AM 2022-02-21
International Mother Language Day
OuBEU9b.jpg

The old Floris cream made wonderful lather, as always. And the first shave with the Adamas was a delight. It gave me the same great auditory feedback as the Mokume-gane but was smoother - just as smooth, I think, as the LASSC BBS-1. Its balance in my hand was perfect, probably due to the skeleton base plate, and the grip was very stable but without the irritating roughness of the Damascus I had before. Definitely a keeper.

Rooney 3/1 Ebony Finest (22/48)
Floris Elite shaving cream (vintage)
Carbon Adamas
Personna 74 Tungsten (18)
Floris Elite aftershave (vintage)
CNhon82.jpg

Be interesting to hear your thoughts on the New Base.
I thought the F4 base was top notch anyway.
Looks like I'll have to try to resist aswell!
@Dazednconfused I think the three TDS soaps I own are all superb. The base has always been more yoghurt than fluffy lather if you know what I mean? Looks like the new formulation's continuing down that road. Just wish P&P wasn't quite so expensive, although the soaps themselves are cheap!

MORE SOAP + MORE WATER = MAX SLIDE AND CARE

• Use plenty of soap for a quality lather.
  • The foam is not voluminous , it is formed without an “explosion of lush foam”.
  • It takes a lot of water to get a max slippery, moist, caring lather.
  • You can form foam in any convenient way .

@Dazednconfused I think the three TDS soaps I own are all superb. The base has always been more yoghurt than fluffy lather if you know what I mean? Looks like the new formulation's continuing down that road. Just wish P&P wasn't quite so expensive, although the soaps themselves are cheap!

MORE SOAP + MORE WATER = MAX SLIDE AND CARE

• Use plenty of soap for a quality lather.
  • The foam is not voluminous , it is formed without an “explosion of lush foam”.
  • It takes a lot of water to get a max slippery, moist, caring lather.
  • You can form foam in any convenient way .
I lost a very pleasurable hour looking at their site - granted, it probably makes perfect sense in Russian - I was taken with the instructions for the - sadly out of stock - Ber fat cream, unfortunately not actually made with bear tallow - quoting - 'In a bowl it is whipped up to the first foam for 120 revolutions.' Fcuk - that's pretty precise. What happens if you only do 119 revolutions? Or 121 for that matter? A total disaster I should imagine. :) Still - it'll be better than the crap @Satanfriendly bought recently. :eek::LOL::LOL: - I.

I lost a very pleasurable hour looking at their site - granted, it probably makes perfect sense in Russian - I was taken with the instructions for the - sadly out of stock - Ber fat cream, unfortunately not actually made with bear tallow - quoting - 'In a bowl it is whipped up to the first foam for 120 revolutions.' Fcuk - that's pretty precise. What happens if you only do 119 revolutions? Or 121 for that matter? A total disaster I should imagine. :) Still - it'll be better than the crap @Satanfriendly bought recently. :eek::LOL::LOL: - I.
And it's made with real SHUNGITE WATER!!!

Back
Top Bottom