SOTD: Saturday 19 August - Friday 25 August 2023.

23/08/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - Martin De Candre Rose
Razor - Feather DX ACD-N
Blade - Feather Lights
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Rose
View attachment 110400
Things getting back to normal after my heavy weekend in Belfast. Enough to chance a shave with the Feather DX, it is fitted with a Feather light-blade so does offer some leeway for mistakes, it actually makes the razor a bit of a pussycat.
2 passes and some touch up for a very comfortable, BBS finish.
Hope you are on the mend @mpf9ret
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
Not sure,I my mind think possibly Friday.

f6ad4625-f0e0-4bd0-acf2-fc9aeb37feff-jpg.1706597

I like the 7OCSP blade a lot better in this mild SLOC. This was my first shave with the Nivea, and I like it. Easy to lather, held plenty of moisture, and was plenty slick. The scent is nondescript, though pleasant, but for an every now and then product I don't care that much. I ended up with an easy BBS. Aftercare was provided by this bottle of Geir Ness cologne that is actually 90% witch hazel now, and a dab of Burt Bee's AS Balm.

Note: I did zero prep today so I was very happy that the shave was as good as it was.

Last edited:
Wednesday 23rd August

AIL4fc-xDAqsu-KjhNjhtmEuQkfhw1J-eUyKW10vSlKWYS2Y0CJTNT6T9Qa_4ZRv-6Iq5pgAYEYdQQLVJs28nyMPXqTJMDRyFlegrYfgF5e1KoiDXlep4DPLaz0bXOKwxeu-8NrRYRD0ZbR7BRFB4xcD8a4Rlg=w800

Haslinger Schaffmilch Shaving Soap & Omega 80005 Pure Bristle
Wilkinson Sword Hydro (Advanced) & Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 Skin Protection Advanced Cartridge (12)
Brut Splash-On

Same again.

Really enjoying this workhorse boar brush which very much reminds me of the character of those little British piggies you got in soap and brush sets from the like of Culmak.

20230823_183949.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...

Prep hot shower.
Brush Shave factory Boar brush.
Soap Bee clean Peppermint.
Razor Reggie's Mars
Blade Derby Premium.
Aftershave Jean paul gaultier.

I have done a next day shave with the Mars to see if my initial thoughts were correct about it being milder than the Titan.
I am convinced that it is and this can indeed be used as a daily shaver.
Costs aside, I prefer the Mars TBH, I am not sure if it's a weight thing or I just prefer the way the Mars shaves in general.
Nice blade feedback and the Blade is fully enclosed so that's another plus.
If you buy one I think you will be very pleased and you get a lot of bang for your buck.
Anyways have an amazing night everyone.

IMG_2548.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Era (Level 4 SB)
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Rudy Vey Bog Oak STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Palmolive Stick
Aftershave: Bart’s Ben Vrackie (Unscented)
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Bronnley Original EDT

Simple but fantastic shave today. The Palmolive stick is up there with the best and if my memory serves me correctly it was only 50p a stick.

IMG_2655.jpeg
SOTD: 23/08/2023

Razor: Stando Rod
Blade: Kai Captain Mild Blue, 4th use
Brush: Highlander “Azzuri” Custom Brush Boti 4th Gen Pink 3 Color Synthetic Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Stirling Campania Puck
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Stirling Campania Eau de Toilette

My best shave ever with the Stando Rod, which was reassuring to me having sold the Vector! Smooth to the point of glass BBS in most places but with zero irritation or issues. The Stirling is still one of my all time favourite citrus scents and the base is just great. A throughly enjoyable start to the day yesterday.

SOTD: 24th August 2023.

12.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body+Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Synthetic
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Pearlman shaver's Spirit Shaving Soap.
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel. (D2)
Razor: Baili BD 191.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care + Witch Hazel./Brut Attraction Totale ASL./Cien Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

Like the Baili BD177 Rose Gold TTO & Kanzy K100 Chinese clone razors, the Baili BD 191 has a "closed head design" which gives extra protection from catching my ear lobes and under the nose when shaving something of which I like very much about all three razors.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom