SOTD: Saturday 19 August - Friday 25 August 2023.

ae2caeeb-2710-4b35-9b95-8be08863b0db-jpg.1705600

Over on another forum it's 7 O'clock week. I doubled down and picked up the 7 O'clock Sterling razor to give it a spin. Paired with the Black SP 7OC blade, it makes for an efficient little combo. This razor with milder blades isn't much fun, but the SP is just right in it. I ended up with a fairly easy BBS-. I did discover on my face it seemed to favor riding the safety bar over riding the cap.

The software today was good. Mogno always does what I want from a shave soap, but I have to admit I wish they'd dial the scent up just a touch. For an $8 soap, I can not complain much, though. Proraso Green AS is always good.

This wouldn't be a bad little inexpensive travel kit if I decanted some of the AS into a travel plastic bottle.

Last edited:
Sunday
Dodgy Shave
First Shave since Wed
Managed to go to A& E as my Doctor said I must. COPD severe shortness of btreath.After A& E on Fri,got abed at 2330. Put on Oxygen and many more items.
Son brought Hawk V3 and very old LEA. Cream,and Water provided had Shower gel in.A shave of sorts.
Have to praise my ward staff,and I can eat the Food.
Progressing well I think.
Me before the Shave, the socks are good.
View attachment 110286
My wife and I hope you feel better soon.

Evening chaps. I've not been particularly active here lately as life is getting in the way. I hope you're all keeping well. Apologies to those who have had significant events I've missed over the last month.

@mpf9ret Mike, I hope you feel better soon and I'm glad the NHS has given you good quality care.

And great to hear uou are still around Chris. I was just about to PM you. Hope you are well

And the shave for this evening is dedicated to @mpf9ret and comes complete with a single edged razor (being as he loves them) and the theme 'Brightly coloured socks'

20230821_174840.jpg

Fluorescent green rocker socks - Occams Enoch
Light blue cycling socks - Feather Super Professional
Red Liverpool socks - Highlander LFC
Bright pink girly socks - MDC Rose
Yellow NHS socks - Simple moisturiser

'Well they might be bright but it appears you only come in a monochrome version so I wouldn't know'

Another one of those evening where the Enoch bears its sharp teeth and threatens to bite at the slightest bit of antagonism. The last time, as smooth as you like, but once again the blade just seems to have more edge exposed. At least I was more aware this time resulting in three full (and carefully executed) passes and an awesome bit of of bristle removing even if my skin felt somewhat 'alive'. Nothing the usual witch Hazel and a massage of Simple couldn't calm. Super stuff and a spray of C88 to add to the rose scent of the MDC.

Big grin value

Hope you are still recovering well Mike and thinking about you.

I will say, I do love you all, just not as much as mpf9ret this evening.

The usual Japanese girls? Nearly. It's over to South Korea this evening and 'Drinking Boys and Girls Choir'. Unfortunately they don't have a song with a sock link, but they do have this......an awesome live act

Quick shave tonight after a busy few days:

Trusty old well worn Flat Bottom Tech
GSB
MSC Frosted Lavender
Brush, I am not sure what it is, gifted in a generous PIF - if anyone can ID it please do.
Nivea caffeine balm

Nothing complicated but did the job just fine

Stay well all

PXL_20230821_192035010~2.jpg

Razor: Leaf Twig Thorn
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Rudy Vey Bog Oak STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Geo F Trumper Rose
Aftershave: Bart’s Ben Vrackie (Unscented)
Fragrance: Bronnley Original EDT

Ran out of time before setting off for my night shift so no photo today.

Tue 22
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Boat Drinks
Brush Yagi 24mm Mojito
Razor Joseph Rodgers 5/8
Fantastic lather whipped up by the excellent brush. Rich creamy slick and smells lovely together with the matching splash.
This razor was not keen enough during the last use so I put it through the full diamond balsa progression and in today's shave it was buttery smooth and crisply keen...much improved!
20230822_124909.jpg

SOTD: 22nd August 2023.

11.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body+Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Ultra-Calming Liquid Shaving Cream.
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel. (D1)
Razor: Weishi 2.0 Adjustable. (Settings) xtg 5, atg + pick-ups 6.

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Hawkridge ASL./ Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning face & head shave.

The Weishi 2.0 Adjustable/ Voskhod TC was another smooth efficient combo...The Weishi Adjustable performance on the higher settings gives a superb efficient comfortable shave.

A enjoyable 2 pass+ pick ups close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling cool smooth, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom