Santa Maria Novella Vetiver sapone
Phoenix and Beau Denali
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
MÜHLE R41 on iKon OSS
Astra SP (3)
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
La Toja after shave

Nice comfortable 2 pass shave today. I didn't want to push it; as yesterday's Injectomatic shave didn't leave enough to warrant 3 passes with the R41.
D2001A08-11F2-4AE0-9517-3FE6A9809F30.jpeg

Tuesday 21st April
Yaqi Moka Express - OSP Bay Rum - Ever Ready Natural Angle Featherweight - Gem SSC #2 - Electrif's Bay Rum v2 - Aloe Vera Gel
NI6NRGf.jpg

Tues 21st April

RazoRock 400 SE. Plissoft Noir
L`Occitane Cade soap
Schick E2 - Canada
Schick S/S - Japan [ 2 ]
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

This Canadian E2 is less aggressive than my US one, possibly because it is less worn. Though the Shave was smooth and comfortable, this Razor will bite if not careful. Very pleased at the overall finish quality but then it has a Japanese Schick blade onboard.

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_20200421_110949.jpg
SOTD 21st April
Pre - Welsh water
Soap - B&M Lavender Reserve
Brush - Omega S Brush
Razor - Gillette Tech ball end
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue #3
Post - Boots Freshwood AS and balm

Lovely smooth shave with my newly acquired Tech. Omega didn't produce enough lather I'm used to with the Yaqi, but enough for 3 passes. Nicely finished off with Boots lotion and balm. Great start to the day.
Stay safe people. Best wishes.

21/04/20
TABAC TUESDAY
Pre: Sainsbury's / 1912 Frankensoap, Bergamot, Nectarine & Citrus Musk
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Rocnel SE-P 316
Blade: Half a Polsilver Super Iridium
Post shave: Cold water splash, EO infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Vintage Tabac
Aftershave: Tabac

WK 17 (8).JPG

I enjoyed that, the Half Polsilver blade working very well today.
3 no issue passes for a BBS finish.
Feeling good & Smelling very 1970's
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
21/04/20
TABAC TUESDAY
Pre: Sainsbury's / 1912 Frankensoap, Bergamot, Nectarine & Citrus Musk
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Rocnel SE-P 316
Blade: Half a Polsilver Super Iridium
Post shave: Cold water splash, EO infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Vintage Tabac
Aftershave: Tabac

View attachment 53759

I enjoyed that, the Half Polsilver blade working very well today.
3 no issue passes for a BBS finish.
Feeling good & Smelling very 1970's
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.
Here Tony

Is that the most F*****g dangerous razor in the world ? (Still makes me giggle :ROFLMAO:)

Tue 21st SOTD
Cream Saponificio Bignoli BlackBerry & Moss
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade Gillette Nacet 2nd
Post shave
Ice Water + Special Thayers mix
Great result from face lathering. Thick, creamy and slick layer. Nice blackberry scent. Brush is very nice for both face or bowl lathering with good splay & for painting too. Shave with my 1st DE razor was really good and paired with blade was very smooth. 3pass WTG, XTG & ATG + buffing. Not as efficient as I would like unless with a Feather blade. Otherwise...today's result was from BBS on face to DFS on neck. Some irritation from chasing BBS on the neck. Rating today 9/10
20200421_093341.jpg
20200421_100553.jpg

Today brought with it a shave themed 'あなたが世界で唯一の女の子なら、あなたは強い背中を持っている必要があります'

IMG_20200420_211431.jpg

Working end - Blacklands Black Blackbird
Sharp end - Polsilver Lodz
End of the street - Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
End of the world as we know it - La Savonniere
Made from 30% donkey. I did wonder where the other 70% went........... and then I had a Tesco's value sausage roll
An end to it all - Arran Aromatics Machrie

I recently noticed that Blackbirds appear to be very much in fashion here on the SOTD so I thought for a change I would be very much in vogue and join the Blacklands fandom. Probably just in time for them to be no longer the razor of the day which would be very typical of me and my sense of trending. I only announced to my wife the other day that I have recently taken to listening to the Beatles. 'Where have you been for the past 50 years?'.

The Blackbird has never been a razor I would describe as a smooth operator, but efficient it most certainly is. I find the optimum shaving angle exceptionally easy to find with the angular head, but it still requires due care and some of that attention stuff to avoid being carved. I did manage a minor nick due to lacking care and some of that attention stuff and because as my granddaughter would say to me, 'Granddad you're rubbish'. Be more heedful.
Or may be not

With the Lodz though a lovely razor to use and very suited to each other.

Nice to return to the donkey soap and a super performer in every respect. God bless donkeys and their ability to make wonderful shaving soaps. I am sure they have other functions in life but I'll stick with the shaving side of the story.
So smooth I have landed a date with a model this evening. Happy bunnies

? Ah well seems cheap enough

Then again I always have you tube and enough Japanese female bands to keep me happy for a lifetime.

Stay safe everyone, keep healthy and wish all of you and your families the very best

あなたが世界で唯一の女の子なら、あなたは強い背中を持っている必要があります'
I think that is also true " if you were the only boy"

Back
Top Bottom