SOTD : Saturday 18th April to Friday 24th April 2020

21 April

Fine Snake Bite
Simpson M7 Manchurian
Rockwell 6S (R4)
Feather Hi-stainless
Fine Snake Bite asl

0CBB6471-0AB6-4D64-8CE8-381FD2F5BB3C.jpeg

This morning's shave was a real menthol chiller. It was also close and very comfortable with the Rockwell. This has been posted late in the afternoon due to forgetfulness, and finding myself so busy today.

Tuesday AM 2020-04-21

Rooney Stubby 3 Porcelain Finest (26/54)
AoS Sandalwood shaving soap (tallow) + Coate's Sandalwood shaving cream (vintage)
Gillette New Long Comb/Stork Advoco Titanium
Gillette Super Stainless 'Spoiler' (4)
Floris Santal aftershave

tnif3YX.jpg

With a hectic workload from my home office and social distancing, shaving has been a non-neccessity in recent weeks.
So, after 14 days without a shave and my simian-like celtic hair growth, I saw something akin to this in the mirror:

k141lYU.jpg

What to do? Wind up my Mergress or Merkur to 6 with a fresh Light Brigade?
I decided to stick to my current combo - the very efficient Blackland Blackbird loaded with the very sharp vintage Gillette Swede on its third outing.

txiV4xI.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Soap: Barrister & Mann Seville
Razor: Long Handle Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Swede (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Mennen Skin Bracer A/S splash

Well, there sure was a lot of hair to remove, but the combo did a sterling job. Obviously I needed to rinse clean the razor head more frequently than usual, but the shave was completed without a significant increase in time. Three passes for a DFS+ result. The lather from the white tub B&M Seville soap was terrific - sadly the ring of death is growing ever larger in its base.
My first use of Mennen Skin Bracer. Available at every drugstore in the US, but almost impossible to find in Australia. WIth the Skin Bracer's green colour, I was expecting a "green" fragrance; say something like Proraso Green. Indeed not. It has a very comforting masculine vanilla scent, and a very decent menthol kick. I can see why it is a classic in its home country and has stood the test of time.

With a hectic workload from my home office and social distancing, shaving has been a non-neccessity in recent weeks.
So, after 14 days without a shave and my simian-like celtic hair growth, I saw something akin to this in the mirror:

k141lYU.jpg

What to do? Wind up my Mergress or Merkur to 6 with a fresh Light Brigade?
I decided to stick to my current combo - the very efficient Blackland Blackbird loaded with the very sharp vintage Gillette Swede on its third outing.

txiV4xI.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Soap: Barrister & Mann Seville
Razor: Long Handle Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Swede (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Mennen Skin Bracer A/S splash

Well, there sure was a lot of hair to remove, but the combo did a sterling job. Obviously I needed to rinse clean the razor head more frequently than usual, but the shave was completed without a significant increase in time. Three passes for a DFS+ result. The lather from the white tub B&M Seville soap was terrific - sadly the ring of death is growing ever larger in its base.
My first use of Mennen Skin Bracer. Available at every drugstore in the US, but almost impossible to find in Australia. WIth the Skin Bracer's green colour, I was expecting a "green" fragrance; say something like Proraso Green. Indeed not. It has a very comforting masculine vanilla scent, and a very decent menthol kick. I can see why it is a classic in its home country and has stood the test of time.

My oh my. If you looked like that I'd be more expecting blackbirds nesting in there than having a Blackbird clear all that mess

Tabac Tuesday SOTD

Soap - Tabac (pot)
Brush - YaqI 24mm Tuxedo Marble Handle
Razor - Merkur Progress 500 #3
Blade - Gillette Platinum (1)
Toner - Witch Hazel-Bergamot/Cedar wood
Aftershave - Tabac ASL

Suitably scraped and refreshed after another rather fractious day at work - (amongst the general public - many of which don't seem to have the foggiest idea what social distancing means) How I keep my s@#t with these morons is beyond me !

Tabac , YaqI brush and Progress combined are enough to relax and calm me down -thankfully.

Today brought with it a shave themed 'あなたが世界で唯一の女の子なら、あなたは強い背中を持っている必要があります'

View attachment 53742

Working end - Blacklands Black Blackbird
Sharp end - Polsilver Lodz
End of the street - Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
End of the world as we know it - La Savonniere
Made from 30% donkey. I did wonder where the other 70% went........... and then I had a Tesco's value sausage roll
An end to it all - Arran Aromatics Machrie

I recently noticed that Blackbirds appear to be very much in fashion here on the SOTD so I thought for a change I would be very much in vogue and join the Blacklands fandom. Probably just in time for them to be no longer the razor of the day which would be very typical of me and my sense of trending. I only announced to my wife the other day that I have recently taken to listening to the Beatles. 'Where have you been for the past 50 years?'.

The Blackbird has never been a razor I would describe as a smooth operator, but efficient it most certainly is. I find the optimum shaving angle exceptionally easy to find with the angular head, but it still requires due care and some of that attention stuff to avoid being carved. I did manage a minor nick due to lacking care and some of that attention stuff and because as my granddaughter would say to me, 'Granddad you're rubbish'. Be more heedful.
Or may be not

With the Lodz though a lovely razor to use and very suited to each other.

Nice to return to the donkey soap and a super performer in every respect. God bless donkeys and their ability to make wonderful shaving soaps. I am sure they have other functions in life but I'll stick with the shaving side of the story.
So smooth I have landed a date with a model this evening. Happy bunnies

? Ah well seems cheap enough

Then again I always have you tube and enough Japanese female bands to keep me happy for a lifetime.

Stay safe everyone, keep healthy and wish all of you and your families the very best
Wonderful Combination , the Blackbird and a Polsilver Lodz :love:

Tabac Tuesday SOTD

Soap - Tabac (pot)
Brush - YaqI 24mm Tuxedo Marble Handle
Razor - Merkur Progress 500 #3
Blade - Gillette Platinum (1)
Toner - Witch Hazel-Bergamot/Cedar wood
Aftershave - Tabac ASL

Suitably scraped and refreshed after another rather fractious day at work - (amongst the general public - many of which don't seem to have the foggiest idea what social distancing means) How I keep my s@#t with these morons is beyond me !

Tabac , YaqI brush and Progress combined are enough to relax and calm me down -thankfully.
Sorry to hear you are having a load of stress Paul !!! The progress is a revelation what a great razor.

Sorry to hear you are having a load of stress Paul !!! The progress is a revelation what a great razor.

Cheers Russ

It's a daily challenge in my job
It seems no matter how hard I try to protect myself, there is an endless stream of dipsticks wanting to be in the precise spot I am in !

What's made it worse today is that one of my team mates has been diagnosed with CovId 19, and he must have contracted it while at work
I'm considering telling my managers that I refuse to go to work while this pandemic situation is on-going

Today I have to play with Red ..

[url = https: //ibb.co/F8YR9fr] https://i.ibb.co/5sjbdz0/IMG-20200421-233435.jpg [/ img] [/ url]

And nothing better than a matching Proraso Sandalwood soap, accompanied by the Omega 48 piglet brooch knot 29.

This is what happens if we mount a Muhle handle of the R101, that is, the same as the R41 but central part in black. To a ROCKWELL 2-4 plate.

[url = https: //ibb.co/tKgFS5k] [img] https://i.ibb.co/fFfLb7B/IMG-20200421-234549.jpg [/ img] [/ url]
[url = https: //ibb.co/KLgKM4c] [img] https://i.ibb.co/mXKNLZr/IMG-20200421-234358.jpg [/ img] [/ url]

Wed 22nd SOTD
Cream Suezbana Aloe&Lavender
Bowl Ceramic
Brush Yaqi 24mmSagradaFamilia
Razor Gillette Rocket HD 500
Blade Euromax Super Stainless 1
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
PAA Cavendish
Marvelous lather with creamily thick, slick and nice lavender scent. Another nice brush for face or bowl lather.
Shave with razor and blade combo was good. Mild and smooth. Efficiency medium. This razor can be on auto as it's quite a mild razor. 3+1pass WTG, XTG, XTG/ATG + buffing. Caught with 2 weepers on that last buffing...should have been satisfied but just unable to resist the smooth mild razor. A good reminder no matter how mild...still a sharp blade in there. BBS on face and DFS on neck result. Rating 9/10
20200422_073104.jpg
20200422_114933.jpg

Cheers Russ

It's a daily challenge in my job
It seems no matter how hard I try to protect myself, there is an endless stream of dipsticks wanting to be in the precise spot I am in !

What's made it worse today is that one of my team mates has been diagnosed with CovId 19, and he must have contracted it while at work
I'm considering telling my managers that I refuse to go to work while this pandemic situation is on-going
Nothing more important than your heath Paul , and your bosses have a duty of care so if that has happened to your colleague and you are worried guess they need to look to see how things can be changed to protect you.

Date:- 22 April 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Roam Limited Edition
Razor/Blade:- EJ 3one6 / Wizamet Super Iridium #13
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

Book 3 of 21.
77427._SY475_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom