SOTD : Saturday 18th April to Friday 24th April 2020

Sunday 19th April
Mervyn Cadmam Custom - James Riley's (OSP) Test Soap No8 - Gem Junior LC - Gem SSC #1 - James Riley's No8 A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
zwpRPWZ.jpg

Birthday shave required something a bit special.
Be well everyone.
Happy Birthday

Sun 19th SOTD
Preshave Oil
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Italian Orange
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Euromax Platinum 1st
Postshave
Ice Water + Special Thayers mix
Load from soap and face lather. Nice brush for doing that. Good lather result. Nice orangy scent. Shave with this razor paired with the blade was excellent. A really good razor that's cheap but smooth and efficient too. Should use more often. 3+1pass WTG, XTG, ATG & some buffing. Wow shave today...BBS to DFS results today!
Ice water rinse followed by special Thayers. Rating is 9.7/10
20200419_110149.jpg
20200419_113213.jpg

Happy birthday Arthur!
Many happy returns, Arthur.
Happy Birthday and many happy returns of the day, Arthur
Happy birthday Arthur!..Have a wonderful day mate. :)
Happy birthday - enjoy your day - nice picture - I.
Arthur,
No Painting the Town !! maybe a bedroom :), Hope you make the best of the Day.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Mike
Happy Birthday Arthur , amazing Brush !
It's very personal brush, thanks Russell. Mervyn went above and beyond.
Happy Birthday
Many happy returns, Arthur!
Happy birthday!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday
Thanks for the wishes guys on this weirdest of birthdays. Much appreciated.

19/04/20
Pre: Sainsbury's / 1912 Frankensoap, Bergamot, Nectarine & Citrus Musk
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus 1950
Soap: Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor: Aluminium Rolls / Rockwell Model T Adjustable
Blade: Rolls / Personna Med Prep (4)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, EO infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Gucci by Gucci
Aftershave: Copycat Executive
WK 17 (2).JPG
A shave of 2 halves today,
I had a really nice lather from the Vintage cream, i am amazed that this still works so well after all this time, the scent is light and clean.
I decided to give the Ally Rolls a run out today after the successful shave with the stainless steel version last week.
The 1st pass WTG went really well with the blade cutting without problem, i started the XTG pass and the blade started to pull a bit on the tougher stubble around the chin, i switched sides and again it was OK on the cheeks but really began to pull on the chin stubble.
I had the Model T on standby to do a bit clean up so i ditched the rolls , I re-lathered and completed a full pass XTG.
I then completed an ATG pass with the Model T to give a BBS result.
Shame really. I have had a go putting the blade on the hone (25 laps done slowly and deliberately) and Strop (50 laps) Hopefully this will improve the shave the next time.
A very nice post shave leaving me soft, supple and smelling top drawer.
I still enjoyed the shave as i have learned something from it.
Stay safe and enjoy your Sunday All.
Happy Birthday Arthur @Electrif i hope you have a wonderful day.

Sunday Shave

This Mornings shave and my first shave with the German Personnas , first impressions are good a nice blade in that Medium Sharp Category and I thought closer to the Israeli blade they replaced that say a med prep or lab blue , I will shave with them for a bit and with some different razors (assuming I can put down the blackbird for a bit :) ) and then give a proper comparison.

Preshave: @Digimonkey's wonderful Argan Bunny Soap
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Personna Platinum (Germany)
Soap: Mdc Rose
Brush: Cadman MDM
Splash: Skin Bracer
Balm: Bart's Lavendar
EDT: CK Obsession (You gotta smell nice to cut the grass !!!)

20200419_113822.jpg

Sunday Shave

This Mornings shave and my first shave with the German Personnas , first impressions are good a nice blade in that Medium Sharp Category and I thought closer to the Israeli blade they replaced that say a med prep or lab blue , I will shave with them for a bit and with some different razors (assuming I can put down the blackbird for a bit :) ) and then give a proper comparison.

Preshave: @Digimonkey's wonderful Argan Bunny Soap
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Personna Platinum (Germany)
Soap: Mdc Rose
Brush: Cadman MDM
Splash: Skin Bracer
Balm: Bart's Lavendar
EDT: CK Obsession (You gotta smell nice to cut the grass !!!)

View attachment 53704

Thanks for the info about the new German Personnas. I read on the B&B a few users thought the new German Personnas were very similar to the Israeli ones they replaced.

Thanks for the info about the new German Personnas. I read on the B&B a few users thought the new German Personnas were very similar to the Israeli ones they replaced.
The other thing I forgot to mention is these blades have wax dots , which from memory I don't think the Israel ones did ? Doesn't bother me , but I know some people don't like them and use Personnas for the very reason they don't have them. I will use them some more and report back, but first impressions are a good blade for the money.

Back
Top Bottom