SOTD : Saturday 17th March - Friday 23rd March 2018.

Prep: Alvarez Gomez Tallow Bath Soap
Razor: Weber PH
Brush: Omega Boar 011829
Soap: Jabonman Ylang Ylang
Aftershave: Pashana

I would reach for the Weber PH more than I do if I did not make a conscious effort to use other razors it is a goldilocks razor in use for me. The Omega 011829 is a great brush but I do notice the bristles are prone to snapping on occasion. The Jabonman Ylang Ylang is a disappointment, I know this soap gets much love but for me it performs no better than many of the European mainstream tallow soaps, which is still excellent, but I expected more for the money. I am also indifferent to the scent. The Pashana aftershave is also just ok, performs well but the scent is also only so so for me. Time me thinks to thin out the den...

SOTD 20180321.

DuS355t.jpg

Yaqi model R1710.
Simpsons Lavender & Vetiver (sample).
Timeless titanium OC 0.68 mm.
Hema blade (8).
Rebul Lavanda EdC.

~ SOTD 21st March 2018 ~

Razor - EJ Bulldog
Blade - Personna Platinum Chrome (2)
Brush - Kent BK8 Silvertip Badger
Soap - D.R. Harris Arlington
Aftershave - D.R. Harris Arlington
Cologne - D.R. Harris Arlington
20180321_132728.jpg
A great shave today everything just worked as it should its been a long time since I last used these blades forgot how good they were felt excellent on its second use ..... Have a Great Day Shavers :)

Last edited:
Wednesday AM 2018-03-21

Georgetown Pottery G20 scuttle (Hamada & Purple)
Rooney 3/2 Ivory Finest (24/58)
Martin de Candre shaving soap
Delta Echo Ink Edition Feather AS-D2/Triad Purple Aristocrat Titanium
Personna 74 Tungsten (7)
Mennen Skin Bracer aftershave

An early effortless BBS shave this morning. And with the muddy lavender of the soap and cool blue aftershave, it felt very old-timey.
6M5t2ly.jpg

VVugwjRg_o.jpg

Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Vintage Merkur
Wilkinson Sword (1)
The Traditional Shaving Company Sensitive Shaving Cream
Boots Tea Tree Witch Hazel, BBA Post Shave Balm & Marks and Spencer Collezione Classic

A good shave but I think this Merkur is a bit aggressive for my tastes, I prefer the milder razors (if anyone fancies trying it, be my guest). A good lather but I could have used more cream. I don't find myself using many creams these days, I think I'm leaning almost completely towards soaps.

Wednesday 21st March

RSC Facial Scrub
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
Proraso Eucalyptus and Menthol Soap
Omega 10029 Boar Brush
Muhle R41 (2013) Razor with a Dorco ST300 Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Osage Rub
Davidoff Echo (after my face thawed out!)

My last use of the R41 kindly on loan from @Wayne Pritchard as 10 minutes after finishing.....the postman delivered my own:D
Using this razor has been incredibly rewarding. It is not as aggressive as the 2011 version...but terribly efficient. It has just increased the number of usable blades I own by approximately 1000. I may only use them once....but that is once more than I would have otherwise!
The Dorco blade required 3 passes for the required result ....a super BBS shave:)

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: WDC-8 & 24mm 2BF
Soap: Stirling Sandalwood
Razor: MIL Industries SB (pass around)
Blade: Astra SP
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, Stirling Sandalwood PSB
IMG_20180321_161721.jpg
I know the poor finish on these razors has already been mentioned a few times but that white mark on the handle isn't the sunlight attractively glinting off it, it's a bald patch on the coating. Tut tut!
Anyway onto the shave:
Even though I didn't like the proprietary handle with the OC I thought it only fair that my first shave with the SB should be with the stock handle.
The head does look similar to the EJ89 but I don't think it's as efficient, even with the weight of the monstrous handle behind it, it struggled with the wire-like grey hairs on my chin and 'tache.
For me the OC is a far better razor and I'll have to consider if I'll use this one again.
Happy Shaving one and all.

Back
Top Bottom