SOTD : Saturday 17th July to Friday 23rd July 2021.

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Sunday 18th July 2021

Shave Score 10.0 \ 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: Hampshire Wool Fat Lanolin - Patchouli & Cedar-wood
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: RR GameChanger .84
Blade: GIllette Super Blue (2)
Post Shave ASL: Figaro - Ambra
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

Ok lets talk about the new to me HWF Pachouli/Cedarwood, well to me it smells pretty much like the non scented does, just less so, not really getting any Patchouli or Cedar-wood scent from it, but I do know I love this soap and the masses of residual slickness it has, a great FF/BBS shave achieved, zero nicks, burns.

Have a great Sunday all :)

Joe

39A2BFDD-6989-4764-B55A-C82726D8DF3B.jpeg

18/07/21
Pre - Shower Cold water face rinse
Brush - Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap - OSP Orange and Patchouli
Razor - Timeless Bronze 0.38
Blade - Feather HS (1)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - BartsBalm Tester H
A/S - OSP Orange and Patchouli
Wk 29 (5).JPG
2 days stubble taken down with 3 full passes.
This is a very mild, comfortable to use razor. Maybe too mild for my tastes? i will shim it again to see how it goes.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

18/07/2021

Razor: Yates 921-H
Blade: GSB (2)
Brush: Oumo 24mm Manchuria
Soap: Fuar Ach Snog
ASL: Pitralon Polar
ASB: Proraso Green

IMG_20210717_191033-01.jpeg

Where my enthusiasm for the M plate began to wane on the second shave, it has grown for the H plate. It's manoeuvrable, efficient and comfortable to use. That said, I managed to draw blood for the first time in a while. I moved the head sideways having failed to withdraw it enough from my face. Not a fault of the razor, that's my idiocy. Two shaves in and this plate is delivering the kind of shaves I like. Pretty much glass like all over apart from two minor areas on my neck. I like to achieve this in two passes as I find my skin thanks me for it.

18 July

Signature Soaps Leodis
Plisson synthetic
Razorock Game Changer
Feather Hi-stainless
Signature Soaps Leodis splash

F5F8EA50-AE42-400B-B7EE-AE39F3AE53B5.jpeg

A wonderful Sunday two pass shave with a Feather blade on it’s fifth outing. The blade was still very capable, and, therefore, by inference, so is the razor that holds it. The Plisson was the first truly spectacular synthetic, that, for me, eclipsed badger brushes, and still does. Rose-tinted all the way.

IMG_20210718_112658_3~3.jpg
SOTD 18th July 2021

Razor - Blutt BR-1- 0.67mm
Blade - Souplex #5
Soap - Signature Soap - Capra
Brush - Omega Wild Hog boar
Post - Bart's ASB
Frag - Leather Oud - Christian Dior EdP

One of my favourite Signature Soaps, a great lather with a super skin feel post shave.
Razor and blade were made for eachother.

Enjoy the sunshine while we still have it.

Paul.

Sunday, 18 July

PreShave: Warm to hot water—most from the boiled kettle, some from the tap
Cream: OSP Vintage
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Mekur 39C
Blade Rapira Platinum Lux (2)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris JF

A good, three-pass Sunday shave. The Rapira is working out quite well. Have a good remainder of the weekend, folks.

20210718_115005.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Oil Can Grooming Shave Oil
Brush Yaqi Lucky Dice
Soap Furiah Goodfellas smile
Razor Matinee Straight
Razors Leaf for my head and a Merkur Progress
Blade Derby Extra. and Gillette Rubie
Aftershave Baxter Aftershave Balm.

Today was the first run out with my Yaqi brush, it's very different to what I am used to because I usually use small brushes.
It lathered nice and after a few uses it should break itself in nicely :D.
The Oil can preshave oil, the Aftershave Balm and the soap are all from the generous PIF that @Crossan held.
I found that the oil is definitely a DE or SE shaving tool, I love the citrus smell but it was not slick enough for the straight razor, even with the Soap on top of it.
The Furiah soap is made by the same company as the wife's favourite smelling soap in my arsenal but this is worlds apart, if I was to try and describe it I would say it's like walking into a new age shop that sells the incense sticks, Tarot cards etc. It's not my kind of smell so will be going into a PIF for later on for somebody else that might appreciate it more.
A quick touch up around the lip and chin area with the Merkur and Gillette Rubie blade, this is a real nice pairing for the razor,
Finally the Leaf for my head and as always it's a breeze with this razor and worth every penny it cost.
BBS all round now complete and ready for some smooching later on if the wife is lucky ;)
Stay safe out there and have an amazing day.

18 July

Signature Soaps Leodis
Plisson synthetic
Razorock Game Changer
Feather Hi-stainless
Signature Soaps Leodis splash

View attachment 73848

A wonderful Sunday two pass shave with a Feather blade on it’s fifth outing. The blade was still very capable, and, therefore, by inference, so is the razor that holds it. The Plisson was the first truly spectacular synthetic, that, for me, eclipsed badger brushes, and still does. Rose-tinted all the way.
Thanks. I’ve used a L’occitane Plisson for a few years and agree it produces a great lather.
View attachment 73849
SOTD 18th July 2021

Blade - Souplex #5
Post - Bart's ASB

One of my favourite Signature Soaps, a great lather with a super skin feel post shave.

Enjoy the sunshine while we still have

View attachment 73849
SOTD 18th July 2021

Blade - Souplex #5
Post - Bart's ASB

Enjoy the sunshine while we still have it.

Paul.
Thanks Paul

Back
Top Bottom