SOTD : Saturday 17th July to Friday 23rd July 2021.

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Monday 19th July 2021

Shave Score 9.5 \ 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: Hampshire Wool Fat Lanolin - Patchouli & Cedar-wood
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: RR GameChanger .84
Blade: Asco Platinum (1)
Post Shave ASL: Pinaud Clubman - Classic Vanilla
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

Another great shave, zero complaints here :)

Have a great week all :)

Joe

IMG_1289.jpeg

The Monday shave,

Soap. ……. MDC Fougere
Brush. …… Simpson Berkeley 46
Razor ……. CB Karve (c) sb
Blade. ……. Gillette 7 o’clock yellow
Asb. ……… L’Oreal
EDC. …….. Aqua Brava

Isn’t it great when you have the house to yourself “ me time “ . Smooth and Happy
E0F6792A-96A1-42B4-AB8A-B106A49A5E22.jpeg

Stay safe, enjoy the sunshine

Quote Reply
Report Edit Delete

19 July

Fine Snake Bite
Yaqi Dandelion
Rockwell 6S (R4)
Feather Hi-stainless
Fine Snake Bite asl

3F7FA5AA-E28B-4016-B18A-1EECFC699BF9.jpeg

My menthol Monday cold water shave was a great start to the week. Very refreshing. The Feather blade in the Rockwell held up well on it’s fourth shave, and the menthol from the Snake Bite was wonderfully cooling.

20210719_115058.jpg
SOTD 19th July
Brush - Omega S Brush
Soap - B&M Frankly My Pear
Razor - Rockwell 6c R3
Blade - Gillette London Bridge #4
Post - Lea 3in1 ASB
Only 2 passes needed after yesterday's close shave. Excellent lather whipped up but I'm still on the fence about the scent. Nice scritch from the brush and the Rockwell just works. Whatever blade you put in its super smooth, efficient and a fantastic stubble reducing tool. Never let me down. A nice hint of menthol from the Lea on this hot day.
Take care all and enjoy your shaves

19th July '21
First day back at work after post-op 'sick-leave'. Prepped with a shower, Used Executive Man (I am back at work!), Lupo.72 loaded with a Wilkinson Sword - 2 passes, splashed with Executive Man to finish. I'm now working and feel that as an 'executive man', I can take the time to update my SoTD, however didn't have the time to piss about taking photos earlier on! :)

Have a great day everyone, I'll get back to my IT issues, which I believe are universal after nearly 3 weeks off! :censored:

Sotd-19-07-21.jpg

This afternoon -

razor - ATT Calypso alu - M plate
blade - Kai (1)
brush - Chubby 1 best
soap - MT - Mint Ice Menthol
post - witch hazel
a/s - Floid - Mentally Vigorous
balm - Proraso green pre/post
scent - Oud Esfahan parfum.

All good. It's hot - I had to take my fleece off. It's not natural I tell you - no good will come of it. Enjoy shaving - one and all - yours - I.

Last edited:
19/7/21

Soap - Proraso Green Cream
Brush - Yaqi Faux Horse/Rainbow Handle
Razor - Flat Bottom Tech
Blade - Feather (5)
Post - Barts Balm Sample E
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum

Feathers are a strange blade, blisteringly sharp to begin with but then seem to lose their sharpness quicker than any other blade, and they never quite feel that smooth in the shave but produce very smooth and comfortable results.

A good shave today, the blade felt a little tuggy on the first few strokes but once I dialled in the right angle it was delightfully comfortable and efficient. The Proraso lather was a nice one, and I forgot how much of a lather machine the Yaqi Rainbow is. I usually refrain from using the brush as I find it a little too large, but I should use it more.

Anyway chaps, I hope you have a nice start to the week.

19/07/21
Pre - Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 Faux Tortoise
Soap - OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor - Karve Stainless BOC
Blade - Rapira Cyhepctajib SS (1)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol
Wk 29 (7).JPG
A very nice cooling shave this evening, a bit later than my normal shave time as my work times have changed, no split shifts for a few weeks.
Yesterdays shave held up quite well, the 1st use of the Karve BOC plate and i like it, efficient and smooth.
I finished of with the cooling post shave routine of Proraso Green and the OSP Splash.
Stay safe and enjoy your evening all, we are not out of the woods just yet.

Back
Top Bottom