SOTD : Saturday 17th February - Friday 23rd February 2018

Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Permasharp
Brush: 'Jade' (Rooney Heritage 2XL Jade)
Soap: Barrister Reserve 'Spice'
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Wholly Kaw: Fougere Bouquet ASB

It's not very often that I get it wrong, but boy, did I drop the ball today! 'Jade' was totally the wrong brush for the Barrister Reserve, and my blade of choice really didn't work too well with the 34C, a razor which usually provides a sublime shave.... Thankfully, 'Spice' is a 'Top Tier' soap, and my face doesn't look like I had an unpleasant shave.. so it's not all bad..

Sotd - Saturday 17-2-18

Razor - Schick O type clone
blade - Japanese market twin (1)
brush - Chubby 2 best
soap - Williams Ice Menthol Spanish version
post - witch hazel
a/s - Floid Vigorously Mental mixed with Alcolado Glacial
balm - Vifrex
scent - Creed Tabarome parfum.

Result - none more mental.

That was really really good. The O type clone was a razor that worked for me well previously but I had never tried it with a twin blade - which I believe they were designed to use. It has gone from wonderful to whatever is better than wonderful. Effortless. It is kind of a stealth shaver - it doesn't really appear to be doing anything - virtually silent in use, the very opposite of a 1912 - until you realise that there is no beard left. Mild in use but incredibly efficient, I think that the only way you could hurt yourself with it would be to poke the handle in your eye. Excellent - but not excellent enough to be worth the £300 being asked for an original model on a well known auction site at the moment - the same guy I got the blades from. If you are a fan of menthol creams the Williams performs way beyond its price for me - chilly and no mistake. Super easy to lather and very slick. Going for full throttle menthol I tried mixing the Floid and Alcolado splashes - @Scotshave - give it a go - bracing isn't the word. My skin liked it though. A bit of the Vifrex gel to complete the ne plus ultra cold shave - job done. The sort of shave that has you stroking your chin in appreciation - albeit it feels like it belongs to somebody else - the menthol hasn't worn off yet. A great shave and off to meet my other half and watch 'Bowling for Columbine' again - seems grimly fitting at the moment. I like that so called shock-rocker Marilyn Manson comes across as pretty much the most rational, sensible and well adjusted person in the film. Enjoy your shaves gentlemen - regards - I.

f0diWpj.jpg
PARADIGM/PSI :: VIE LONG :: PENHALIGON'S SARTORIAL​

TcOR0J3.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
C. Myers & Sons Sheffield 6/8th Full Hollow
Hans Baier Silver Tip
P & B Tallow Soap
Logona Mann Balm

I Had a Shave Today with My C. Myers & Sons Sheffield 6/8th..This One Sports a Very Keen & Smooth Coticule Edge..My Coticule Goes with Sheffield Steel Like Scotch & Ice..;)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

TcOR0J3.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
C. Myers & Sons Sheffield 6/8th Full Hollow
Hans Baier Silver Tip
P & B Tallow Soap
Logona Mann Balm

I Had a Shave Today with My C. Myers & Sons Sheffield 6/8th..This One Sports a Very Keen & Smooth Coticule Edge..My Coticule Goes with Sheffield Steel Like Scotch & Ice..;)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

Beautiful straight Billy and its very "Shiny" :D

Blue's Goat's Milk Soap
RazoRock 400
Rockwell 6C (plate 5)
PolSilver SI (3)
Proraso GreenASL
Tom Ford Black Orchid EdP

Quick tidy up shave this morning prior to driving from home near Nottingham to London to meet our new baby granddaughter Maggie-May, who was born on Monday.
She is a little beauty, whom we shall treasure forever.

Blue's Goat's Milk Soap
RazoRock 400
Rockwell 6C (plate 5)
PolSilver SI (3)
Proraso GreenASL
TomFord Black Orchid EdP

Quick tidy up shave this morning prior to driving from home near Nottingham to London to meet our new baby granddaughter Maggie-May, who was born on Monday.
Congratulations Paul.

I love the name too. :D

Last edited:
Blue's Goat's Milk Soap
RazoRock 400
Rockwell 6C (plate 5)
PolSilver SI (3)
Proraso GreenASL

Congratulations Paul and best wishes to your latest member of the family.

Blue's Goat's Milk Soap
RazoRock 400
Rockwell 6C (plate 5)
PolSilver SI (3)
Proraso GreenASL

Warmest congratulations, Paul.

Blue's Goat's Milk Soap
RazoRock 400
Rockwell 6C (plate 5)
PolSilver SI (3)
Proraso GreenASL

Congratulations Paul!

Blue's Goat's Milk Soap
RazoRock 400
Rockwell 6C (plate 5)
PolSilver SI (3)
Proraso GreenASL

congratulations Paul. kids are great but "grandbairns" are extra special. Yes i'm a jock

Back
Top Bottom