SOTD : Saturday 17th February - Friday 23rd February 2018

Today's shave:

rdt180217.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Sinfonia
- Zenith Synt Dark
- Edwin Jagger DE81 with ASP blade
- Isana Free Space aftershave

:)

The soap has a very flowery scent which reminds me of the Rhapsody, only more focused on the single Jasmin blossom note. There's a slight bitterness or tartness creeping in as well, but it's not bothersome as I feel it enhances the otherwise sweet flowery impression. Maybe that's the Apricot part, as I haven't noticed anything else I'd attribute to the fruit.

Great photograph, superbly composed, thanks!

Chris

Saturday

Santa Maria Novella Tabaco Toscana
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
Fa Tip Piccolo
Astra SP
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Alt-Innsbruck EdC
Santa Maria Novella Aqua di Colonia Vetiver

A sublime shave today. This soap is amazing stuff; nice mentholated undercurrent and a subtle scent. I hadn't used the Piccolo for a while and it didn't disappoint, with a fresh Astra loaded.

I always find the Alt-Innsbruck pairs well with this soap. A couple of sprays of SMV's stunning vetiver EdC afterwards and all prepared for some cooking this afternoon.

Saturday 17th February 2018
SOTD 17th Feb.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + Body Shop Maca Root face wash and Proraso White
Razor: Schick L1
Blade: Schick Japan (#7)
Brush: Maseto 30mm finest fan shape
Bowl: Korium
Soap: Wickham Soap 1912 - Shamrock Tweed
AS: Shamrock Tweed Balm
EDT: Amraf Tres Nuit

SOTD
Weekend off pamper machine set to full

Shower followed by hot towel good job not in hurry lol
Soap Wickham 1912 Club Cola
Bush 1250 Semouge boar
Bideford shave bowel
Razor Mule Rocca
Blade Gillette Silver Blue (new)
Alum cold water rinse
Nivea phase 2
Truefitt & Hill Grafton Cologne

DA50903B-47F0-4B00-B25B-843EA61B88E8.jpeg

This is my second shave with the Mule Rocca I have a few more blades to try out till I find the one (that's) best suited for me saying that today's shave was pretty good

27vMCnxW_o.jpeg

Simpsons Milk Churn
Rockwell 6S
Supermax Blue Diamond Titanium (2)
Stirling Soaps Mountain Man
Thayers Rose, Nivea Balm & Al Rehab Silver

As I type this we just had a small earthquake here in South Wales, 4.7 magnitude. Very odd and unneving feeling, albeit very brief, I thought the roof collapsed as it was shaking.

A I had a great shave today, forgot how good and weighty this razor is. It will be getting a lot of use over coming weeks. Superb soap and post shave combo.

SOTD 170218
SOTD 170218.jpg

Blade: Gem SS#2
Razor: Ever Ready Streamline
Soap: Nuavia Blu
Brush: Black Anvil Custom 26mm 2 band Finest
EDT: Aqua Di Parma Essenza

Well that was a top draw shave. I was going to leave my shave until tomorrow but when the Nuavia was so kindly dropped off by my favourite postie I was left with no option.

Out came the Streamline. A formidable beast that must be handled with care but teamed up with the Gem it worked through a 2 pass BBS shave with ease.

I think the soap played the biggest part of this shave. It really is gorgeous stuff. The lather was so thick and protective. It offered amazing slickness and the residue slickness is second to none in my opinion. Post shave feel is fantastic. No balm needed with this soap that is for sure.

The brush is perfect for me. Plenty of backbone it holds tons of soap and has lovely soft tips. I could not stop painting my face with it.

I really enjoyed that and enjoy yours ladies and gentleman. :)

Last edited:
SOTD 170218
View attachment 33423

Blade: Gem SS#2
Razor: Ever Ready Streamline
Soap: Nuavia Blu
Brush: Black Anvil Custom 26mm 2 band Finest
EDT: Aqua Di Parma Essenza

Well that was a top draw shave. I was going to leave my shave until tomorrow but when the Nuavia was so kindly dropped off by my favourite postie I was left with no option.

Out came the Streamline. A formidable beast that must be handled with care but teamed up with the Gem it worked through a 2 pass BBS shave with ease.

I think the soap played the biggest part of this shave. It really is gorgeous stuff. The lather was so thick and protective. It offered amazing slickness and the residue slickness is second to none in my opinion. Post shave feel is fantastic. No balm needed with this soap that is for sure.

The brush is perfect for me. Plenty of backbone it holds tons of soap and has lovely soft tips. I could not stop painting my face with it.

I really enjoyed that and enjoy your ladies and gentleman. :)
Hi, I've been tempted by this soap, but put off by the price! Now you've tempted me again. Seems great soap.

Hi, I've been tempted by this soap, but put off by the price! Now you've tempted me again. Seems great soap.
It really is superb stuff Roy. The price is mental and I hate the fact that much of the money must go towards the ceramic bowl (which is beautiful by the way :rolleyes:) plus the fact that they do not do refills.

In saying that if I asked myself would I buy it again? Then the answer to that would be most definitely! :D
Residue slickness and post shave feel is out of this world.

I think I would like to buy the "Rossa" next (mortgage permitting;)) as I think this would be lovely for the Spring/Summer.

Go on spoil yourself. :)

Last edited:
Sat 17th Feb

Vulfix 404mixed
Vitos Super Red
Schick E2 - Canada
Schick Proline [ 4 ]
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Today used my Canadian E2 which I have found to be a much smoother Razor than the USA version that I have.
Using the dependable Vitos the Shave went well, with plenty of blade and obvious efficiency
the Razor was quite smooth with a great finish, apart from along the jawline which is often awkward to deal with. Am sure I could use this one for back to back shaves without a problem, yes it is an E2:).

IMG_0240.jpg

Back
Top Bottom