SOTD : Saturday 17th April to Friday 23rd April 2021.

Wednesday 21st April
Yaqi Sagrada Familia - AoS Kingsman Cream - General Brass - Schick Proline P #2 - Irisch Moos A/S - Aloe Vera Gel - Irisch Moos EDT
K4MUptx.jpg

Pre: lather up with massage, hot towel to the face, bloom water
Soap: Frankensoap - dalit sandalwood x vitos green
Brush: Yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo
Blade: Feather professional AC
Razor: RazoRock hawk v2 hulk green

Second outing with the Hawk. It definitely gives an enjoyable shave albeit the razor is on a lighter side for me.
Used a steeper angle this time and that has rewarded me with DFS shave at cost of two weepers. It feels like the AC blade is hell of a lot sharper than the DE blades I've used. Ended shave there, was happy with those two passes so decided not to push it further.

Finished off with generous splash of Pinaud Clubman that got followed by Ben Cruachan (lime) balm.

IMG_20210421_095201_599.jpg

SOTD
Pre: Geo.F. Trumper Sandalwood Skin Food
Soap: Highland Spring’s Soap Co. Reflections
Brush: Yaqi Everest
Razor: Carbon Cx ++ Titanium
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
A/S: Highland Spring’s Soap Co. Reflections
Balm: L’Oreal For Men w/Birch Sap

The Carbon Cx is a titanium razor that weighs 51grams. I'm not a huge fan of light razors but this was a real joy to use and so much fun. It clamps the blade so well and it's so nimble that I could easily throw it over the stubble with fantastic results. The blade gap is 1.08mm but didn't feel anything like that.

The HSSC Reflections soap is tallow based and can take lots of water. Once dialled in, I was rewarded with a dense creamy lather with great shine on it. This scent is based on Guess man and smells great and is protective and slick.

HSSC are all about skin nourishment with the ingredients they put into their products and the face feel from the soap and matching splash left my face feeling silky smooth and nourished. One of the best tallow soaps I've used in a while.

21/04/21
Pass-around Carbon CX Std Plate
Pre: Shower
Brush: Razorock 400 Plissoft Syn
Soap: OSP Old Gold
Razor: Carbon CX-316 Std Plate
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Post shave: Cold water splash ,TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: TC's Bay Rum Argan Oil & Balm
Aftershave: TC's Bay Rum #02
Wk 16 (5).JPG
A nice easy face lather from the RR400 synth and the OSP soap, its a nice spicy scent this one, my kinda thing.
The razor set up with the Standard plate and fitted with the Astra SP.
So,
For me there is definitely more blade feel with this plate than the other 2 plates, loaded with the Astra SP the razor was singing. This time i had a BBS comfortable finish from the same 3 passes i have been using all week.
I think the more i use this razor the more i am becoming to like it, it is now between the STD and the + plates for me.
A very nice shave that.
I decided to use my Bay Rum post balm and splash and it matched very well for me, this splash is very boozy with lots of Bay Rum spices.
Stay Safe and enjoy your evening All

Wednesday AM 2021-04-21
British National Tea Day
Ghnh09y.jpg

Simpson Somerset Chubby 3 Extra Super (Manchurian) (30/60)
Crabtree & Evelyn Mysore Sandalwood shaving cream (vintage)
LASSC BBS-1
Wilkinson Sword 'New' (22)
Floris Santal aftershave

I rarely use the Somerset Manchurian brush because it just doesn't feel as robust in my hand as my old Rooneys, and I'm a bit afraid of damaging it. But it did fine with the cream, which made great lather.
BwAA4C8.jpg

Wednesday 21st April

ACtC-3dv1SF8F8hPR7u4nusZdfXHFVpRHkpj9eWbslN2igYfXDxHTY9VCOW_plHQsRbrLNxAQ_j5AVnGCB1FAqjR_Oqv9jWVvcfZGxELRvul09PfsToiosvR6Bbt-sYPb78vqSyYCPqiWpgnKEYwvoWuGejXZQ=w800

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Vie-Long Shaving Stick (Grated)
Semogue SOC Taj (Boar)
Yaqi Katana w/Windrose Darwin Handle
SuperMax Diamond Edge (2)
Ach Brito Lavanda Aftershave Cologne

Another super shave from this (presumably Indian market) SuperMax Diamond Edge, which I am very certain is the self-same blade that is sold globally as the SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum.

Champion!

To win a big bag o'nowt, tell me what the album is ...

Good evening all
Soap - Signature Soaps Britania
Brush - Yagi Timberwolf
Blade - Lord Platinum #3
Razor - Rockwell 6S (4) (4) (2)
Post - Myrsol Emulsion
Splash - Floïd

Apologies for the crap photo

1B426B7E-0121-48E5-8E03-BBDD1A224528.jpeg

The usual excellent lather from the Britania, I think I could have shaved half of Plymouth with the amount of lather produced this evening.
A good close, smooth shave was had and I’m pleased to announce the Lord Platinum has produced its best performance yet on its third outing. (It was going to be binned tonight but I thought I’d give it one more go).
Anyway not bad at all tonight, fairly pleased.

Stay safe gents.

SoTd
Just had an absolutely beautiful shave first time using the proraso white line. When I first opened the soap I got a funky scent and almost thought about returning it but thought I would give it a go as the blue cream I’ve had previously was a great performer ! So glad I didn’t go by first impressions..once lathered the scent seemed to change and I actually really enjoyed it, think I may have to get some more of their products I am really impressed. Enjoyed the little Timor...back on the straights that’s what it’s all about ! Feeling super smooth and refreshed very nice A8D50FFB-C4B2-4980-A68A-6F5984CE91AB.jpeg

Wednesday 21st April

ACtC-3dv1SF8F8hPR7u4nusZdfXHFVpRHkpj9eWbslN2igYfXDxHTY9VCOW_plHQsRbrLNxAQ_j5AVnGCB1FAqjR_Oqv9jWVvcfZGxELRvul09PfsToiosvR6Bbt-sYPb78vqSyYCPqiWpgnKEYwvoWuGejXZQ=w800

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Vie-Long Shaving Stick (Grated)
Semogue SOC Taj (Boar)
Yaqi Katana w/Windrose Darwin Handle
SuperMax Diamond Edge (2)
Ach Brito Lavanda Aftershave Cologne

Another super shave from this (presumably Indian market) SuperMax Diamond Edge, which I am very certain is the self-same blade that is sold globally as the SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum.

Champion!

To win a big bag o'nowt, tell me what the album is ...
King crimson - In the court of the crimson King, my second favorite album by kc to Red.

King crimson - In the court of the crimson King, my second favorite album by kc to Red.

It's a very good guess (so you can have a free bag o'nowt), but no ... the picture is the actual album cover, not manipulated.

When I first posted the question, I thought to myself that it looked a lot like 'In the Court ...'. Great piece of music, that!

IMG_20210419_19ss.jpg

I went old school and by lucky happenstance, the photo I took has an old school, still life feel to it too.

Next razor up in my collection tour was the Merkur 34C. I also happened to spot a bottle of Old Spice out on my weekly shop last week and at £9 I couldn’t resist. So the obvious pairing was Stirling Soap’s Stirling Spice which has been pressed into the Old Spice shaving mug. The scents are close but the soap smells fresher, sweeter and more complex than the aftershave.

The end result is I believe termed a "face stroker." The Stirling Spice lathered a treat in the Old Spice mug and the Semogue was perfect. I think the smaller diameter of the mug concentrates the leather's creation.

Not that I need more Stirling soaps, but when the sample runs out, I'll be buying a full sized pot. Finally, you can't beat the epic combination of a Merkur 34C and Voskhod blade, you're almost guaranteed an excellent shave.

Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Soap: Stirling Spice
Brush: Semogue 830
Pre-shave: Proraso White
Post-shave: Old Spice
Bowl: Face Lather

Back
Top Bottom