SOTD Saturday 16th December 2017 - Friday 22th December 2017

Hi Wayne sorry for delay

Hi @Wayne Pritchard sorry for delay I didn't see your comment till I clicked on it.

Yep it is an 8/8 though I'd say after 150+ years of shaving and honing it's fairly altered in that respect but still holds an edge which is the most important thing.

It's in need of a refresh at the mo as it's my daily driver and is starting to tug.

Do you use straights?

aKerVyPQ_o.jpg

Omega 11126
Gillette Fat Boy
Kai (2)
Stirling Soaps Christmas Eve
Alum Block, BBA Post Shave Balm & 4711 aftershave and splash​

38467648834_406cf85a77.jpg

Been shaving exclusively with German soaps (Tabac, Speick, Klar & Palmolive) for the past week or so and have found they all share similar traits... They produce extremely thick cushioned lather, one of the most cushioned out there in fact - But, and there is a rather large but... Slickness is non existent compared to others I hold in high regard, I've tried adding more water thinking that was the issue and it helps a bit but you have to get them right on the edge before the lather collapses to get any slickness.

Weird as they have different compositions yet i find them all so similar in use... This slickness issue isn't a problem with DE's but I came unstuck a couple of times with straights.

38467648834_406cf85a77.jpg

Been shaving exclusively with German soaps (Tabac, Speick, Klar & Palmolive) for the past week or so and have found they all share similar traits... They produce extremely thick cushioned lather, one of the most cushioned out there in fact - But, and there is a rather large but... Slickness is non existent compared to others I hold in high regard, I've tried adding more water thinking that was the issue and it helps a bit but you have to get them right on the edge before the lather collapses to get any slickness.

Weird as they have different compositions yet i find them all so similar in use... This slickness issue isn't a problem with DE's but I came unstuck a couple of times with straights.
When ever i have slickness issues with my soap i add 4-6 drops of this to the soap,:http://www.boots.com/value-health-glycerin-b-p-200ml-10021858
It works really well with hard soaps, especially the Wilkinson Sword (blue) soap bowl, hope this helps..give a it try you'll be surprised. Regards.

Last edited:

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Castle Forbes Pre-shave
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017
Cream: Occam's Crushed Lime
Razor: UFO Goliath / ATT S1
Blade: Vintage Gillette Spoiler (2)
EdC: Alvarez Gomez Barberia

Occam's cream is just so good. Don't need to load much, beautiful lime scent, very easy to lather up, and the best performing lather I have yet to experience from a shaving cream.
I eased off a bit on the pressure, and was rewarded with an absence of weepers. Three comfortable passes for a DFS+.
Love the Alvarez Gomez Barberia cologne scent. A burst of citrus and Mediterranean spice - just wish it lasted a wee bit longer.

~ SOTD 20th December ~

Razor - Rockwell 2C (R3)
Blade - Bolzano Superinox (2)
Brush - YaQi Red Marble 26mm Tuxedo
Soap - Valobra Shave Stick
Aftershave - Myrsol Agua de Limon
151385225831773[2].jpg
Very close & comfortable shave today everything worked perfect definitely the closest shave iv had with this razor my face feels nice and smooth :)

Last edited:
20171220_074340-jpg.22275

A no nonsense shave was needed today. An early start as I was braving the hoards in Birmingham.

And a nonsense shave I got. The Maseto 24mm Silvertip whipped the T&H Grafton up a treat. The Clog Pruf was a delight to use and left me smoother than Cary Grant.;):p

Finished off with (it's a official) my favourite aftershave, Pitralon Classic and a few squirt of Dior Fahrenheit and I was good to go.:cool:

I'm now back home. Tried and with a headache.:(

Here's another installment of my top 10 tracks of 2017...

Have a restful evening gents.
Peace out
Rob

Back
Top Bottom