SOTD: Saturday 16 - Friday 22 September 2023.

22 September

Extro Bergamotto di Calabria
Omega 48 Professional
Razorock Hawk v3
Schick Proline
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

560F489D-CB0A-4A4E-9105-7EEEF0892F64.jpeg
The label on the Omega brush has lasted quite well, but, it is just starting to show signs of wear, at the same time, the brush is starting to be rather good, no more shedding (not that there was more than one or two bristles per shave), it’s now soft and pleasant on the face, and remarkably it’s lather killing days may be over. Great lather from the Extro and plenty for two full passes. It must be my lucky day! A very comfortable close shave with the Hawk, the standard plate is just right for me.

Hi Can you tell us a bit about this Dutch soap?
I live close to the Netherlands and I am curious to get it, apparenty could be found in supermarkets...
Thanks!
Yes, it’s a well known shaving soap in Netherlands, sold as a stick and also in a pot. Supermarkets and pharmacies stock it, I got mine at Etos in Amesterdam west. It’s a mild soap, nice scent, easily lathered and cheap to buy.

Friday 22 September
Staying on the slant, today the Merkur 37C two piece. Not really sure I get the rationale of the slant. Sure it delivers a nice smooth shave but I get that from normal DE razors. I do like two piece razors though, and this one is very well made and performs well.
Bay Rum shave cream isn’t something I could use daily, an evocative smell of cloves, but for me the tingling feeling it gives on contact with my delicate fizzog is irritating which I don’t like. I didn‘t hang around with the shave, getting through it quickly. I like to take my time though so this one is not for me longer term/
2 passes and pick ups from a 5th use Croma diamant stainless gave a very fine smooth finish.
Have a great POETS day fellas.

IMG_0311.jpeg

Shower shave Friday...

• Original Gillette Sensor with a new cartridge
  • Vulfix 404 brush
  • Gentlemen's' Face Care Club Sandalwood Cream
  • Palmers Cocoa moisturiser
Always been a fan of shaving whilst having a shower, and rolled out an original Gillette Sensor for a very welcome change. A wonderful razor, and one that transports me back to the 90's. Amen.

Over the course of the last few months as well as using a DE - I have tried 5 bladed cartridges, and the Mach 3. The former is ok for me - nothing to exciting, and the latter I have always found to be almost perfect. Having said that, nostalgia aside - I really do like the Sensor. A bargain on eBay for a few quid.

I see there is a modern plastic version of the Sensor Excel - not sure I have the courage to buy one. Maybe someone could take one for the team ;)

And as my final entry for this past week of SOTD's the theme is, 'You ain't getting one'

Because I got called at short notice to go pulling in Immingham for the weekend.

But I will give you a Giphy....

'I always knew you were a bit Mickey Mouse at this game skipper'

And some puffyshoes. Because what's a Friday without them.....and fish and chips..

Have a great weekend folk and just remember...I love you all

Friday 22nd September

ADCreHf18waBg6LRlSpX0oKUIHmpBzK02m2rDhdtLUZWBZ3RkTf3TjfXUjJ9omiFllIDGfPmuwHP78BdAQDs_Yg_27T4CoO8yiveuzCJpJvtZWGim5QPhrJkoiL2acTN4k-6LqQVPqgHtNH3hHoz0WF1eWFqVw=w800

Gillette Original Shave Foam
Souplex Knock-Out & Treet Durasharp (5)
Jovan Musk Aftershave Cologne

Another Souplex razor ... this one is not for the feint of heart!

IMG_2904.jpeg

SOTD: 21/09/2023

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Dorco Titan , 1st use
Brush: Highlander Copper Colonel Plissoft Knot
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Asian Plum Croap
Balm: Tea Tree Balm Sample Balm
Fragrance: Lattafa Asad EdC

IMG_2906.jpeg

SOTD: 22/09/2023

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Dorco Titan , 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Croap
Aftershave: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Aftershave
Balm: Tea Tree Balm Sample Balm

22/09/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Erasmic 26mm Shavers delight Tuxedo knot
Soap - La Toja stick
Razor - Blackland Blackbird
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond - Cinnamon & Patchouli
A/S - Aramis Tuscany EDT
20230922_185034.jpg
Last evenings shave, I had to be a little careful on my left cheek as I have somehow picked up 3 insect bites there as well as a few around my ankles, little blighters. The Blackbird had me BBS in 2 passes and no bloodshed.
Hope you had a good evening.

I've not seen the red can in the UK (I bought this in Malta) but there's a Sensitive version in blue cans I've seen in Tesco. Same scent. It's a good, classic scent. Green, mossy and musky.
By absolute coincidence, Paul - just been in the local village shop & they have the very foam in the red can. Plus the gel version. 2 English Pounds.

By absolute coincidence, Paul - just been in the local village shop & they have the very foam in the red can. Plus the gel version. 2 English Pounds.
Super! I hope you enjoy. I'm not a great fan of gel, but foam has been a real pleasure to use ... I think I may well carry on. For me, the lather is maybe 80% as good as soap and brush. I'm enjoying the change.

Back
Top Bottom